Game Franchise you can't get into

Pershing24

OK, let's give it a try:

1.- Racing games: I lose interest when i have to get to the customization part (type of accesories, motor, color, etc).

2.- Sports games (this includes UFC and WWE games): I really prefer watching them on TV.

3.- Final Fantasy: Too many games, it is an RPG and i don't have the patience to play those UNLESS the story appeals to me (like KH which i pretend to plat some day). Posdata: I truly despise and hate Sepiroth.

4.- Bioshock: I don't have the skills and patience to hack the various machines and devices in those games so i just threw this franchise over the window.

5.- All RPG's unless the story gets to me and i identify with a character or various characters.

6.- Ohh, right. I forgot that overrated thing called "Minecraft".

Edited by Vampirehunter145
  • Like 1

- Battlefield

- Sports games

- Call of Duty

- Blazblue series

- The Legend of Zelda ( i played A Link to The Past and Majora's Mask 3D and couldn't get into the series as much as i would like to :(

- F.E.A.R ( Only finished the 3rd game but with some suffering to end it and wouldn't played any more of the series)

- Batman Arkham series

- Minecraft (nuff said )

I can't get to play almost every FPS out there , the exceptions would be Bioshock and Killzone series .

Edited by Sigma999

God Of War

- I got Platinum for the first game, but I didn't really like the game. I've started the second game, but never finished it. Maybe some day, but not really feeling it right now. Not sure what's my main issue with these games but I just don't enjoy them very much.

Metal Gear Solid

- I've only tried the first game in the series but didn't get into it. Never bothered to check out the later ones mainly because I don't like stealth games.

Assassins Creed

- Played the first game for a bit on X360 but never finished it. Just lost all interest to it.

Saint's Row

- Pretty much same thing as Assassins Creed. Tried the first game but never finished. Heard the sequels are better, but naahhh... I don't wanna.

Dead Rising

- I like the idea but the execution doesn't please me a bit. I just wanna smash zombies, not worry about time limit.

Mass Effect

- Played the first game for an hour and never bothered to go back.

I think that's enough for now.

Kingdom Hearts series. As much as I like Final Fantasy and JRPG's in general, and I also like many Disney movies, but the idea of crossing the characters over always seemed as strange as eating pizza with chocolate to me. And everytime a new KH game with titles like 1.5 Remix or 2.8 Final Mix or whatever are coming out, the series is getting further and further away from me ever trying it, 'cause it's hard to understand in which order to tackle the series best.

Damn, we seriously need KH Let's Finish =D There seem to be many of us with this opinion =D

And everytime a new KH game with titles like 1.5 Remix or 2.8 Final Mix or whatever are coming out, the series is getting further and further away from me ever trying it, 'cause it's hard to understand in which order to tackle the series best.

When a game title has fractions or decimals in it, it just looks dumb. Those are collections of different games in the series, I think, but I'm sure they could have come up with better titles. I played the first one on PS2 almost ten years ago, and I couldn't get into it. I considered including Kingdom Hearts in my previous post, but it's more like a series I'll never get into rather than one I can't. I've never really liked Disney movies or FF, so it's probably just not for me.

Tales of series. I don't know why, maybe because I started with Radiant Mythology (which is probably the worst game of the series).

You probably know this already, but the Radiant Mythology games are just spin-offs. I love Tales, but I only played the first Radiant Mythology for a few hours before giving up on it. I haven't played it, but Tales of the Tempest is generally considered to be the worst game in the series.
  • Like 1

Dark Souls and Bloodborne: I get the feeling from these games that I'm just not welcome, I got Demon's souls for free and got crushed by a boulder and ran out of steam to continue.

Doom (2016): Not sure what it is about this one, but I remember hating the story and level design, shooting was fine though

COD and Battlefield (except Hardline) Too "paint by numbers"-y in both plot and gameplay

FIFA: I can't stand the company, but even without Seb Blatter, I couldn't care less about sport. 

Two of these are Nintendo exclusive franchises, but I'll include them anyway:

1. The Legend of Zelda

I really like these types of adventure games, so I've never really understood why I can't quite get into the Zelda series. I've played a lot of the games in the main series over the years, and I always end up dropping them all. Furthest I ever got in one of the games was Ocarina. I do actually enjoy these games for the most part as well, I just always lose the motivation to play them for whatever reason.

2. Metroid

I dunno, I just can't get into this series. I've only played the earlier games in the franchise, I've never found the story or atmosphere to be particularly interesting, and all the back tracking kinda turns me off.

3. Final Fantasy

I really enjoyed FF7, but I've had a hard time getting into any of the other games in the series, and always end up dropping them pretty early on.

• Like 1

Hmm, not that many from me:

EA Sports Games - These games don't do anything for me, except for Tiger Woods on the PS2 (the reason I got a PS2 initially). Unfortunately my first outing on the PS3 was Tiger Woods 2011 which took nearly a year to get the platinum after having to send multiple messages to the dev's to put a survey up before they closed the servers. This put me off their games for life.

Gran Turismo - I enjoyed Burnout Paradise but when it comes to having to customise cars, perfect breaking and racing lines and all that nonsense I lose interest. I just want to press X to go on a racing game.

Elder Scrolls - Skyrim - It's not appalling but it is very boring. I just remember the whole game looking and playing the same, it was mostly grey as the sun rarely shone and combat that scaled with your level, ie never changing. Oh look another Draugr in a dungeon, oh and another, is that something new? Wait....no it's another Draugr.

Some JRPG's / Some Final Fantasy - Not all of it by any means, it's just some of those characters seem a bit weird and pervy or there's young girls giving those little chuckles or embarrassed smiles and all have massive breasts. Being a father makes me feel a bit uneasy with things like that - same with Anime.

I guess that's Assassins Creed for me.

I finished Assassins Creed 2 with platinum and started Brotherhood after that. But it feels sort of playing Assassins Creed all over again, so I dropped it.

Maybe I start it once again I have more time

Final Fantasy - idk why, but I loved Legend of the Dragoon so much on my PS1 that I couldn't get myself to play FF (BUTTT, if I wanted to start, what game should I play first?)

League of Legends - for some reason, I hate how this game is played, I know it's loved by many, but not by me.

FallOut - I tried the 3rd one, and 5h into the game I died of boredom.

Bioshock - I also tried Bioshock Infinite (hopefully I'm writing the name correctly) and yeah... not for me aswell ahah

For me it isn't really franchises so much as genres.  I don't particularly care for fighting games, straight up first person shooters (like Call of Duty or Battlefield), or racing games.  I may not like every game in a franchise in the genres I enjoy, but I typically like at least a couple so I can't really say that I haven't been able to get into a series with the exception of Metal Gear. I've tried nearly every game in the series, and the only ones I have finished (mainly so I could say I did) are Snake Eater and Ground Zeroes. Hoping Phantom Pain is the one that makes me a fan.

• Like 1

Interesting, there are definitely alot of different opinions on each series, which I supposed is to be expected. But there are a few things I want to add.

There are some game franchises that I completely understand why some of you can't get into, like Assassin Creed and Call of duty (mainly because they are yearly release, and are quite repetitive), heck I myself am trying to get out of these franchise. But because they so easy, and their gameplay is so simple, it's easy to get into it, especially the best titles.

Then there are some games that I shouldn't even bother playing/buying them because their so difficult or just different of what I usually play with. Fighting games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are prime example of this, as every time I play online, I always get beaten badly because I can't memorize the combo keys. Similar problem with the Souls franchise, because I love to playing quick and easy fast pace games like God of war or DMC, it understandable that I'm not used to beat games with a more RPG strategic approach to it, but I still played Demon Souls and Bloodborn, even though I know I'll never get the platinum.

And then there are games that I don't usually like, but whenever I play it I imminently get back into, like Pokemon and Dota. As well as RTS games like Starcraft and age of empire, which I use to play a lot in my childhood, but don't play at all since its not on console. And even if it was, RTS usually don't work at all with handheld controllers (looking at you RUSE).

I usually try to add a variety of games in my library so I don't always play FPS. But lets face it, there will always be some games that no matter how hard you try you just can't get into it.

Call of Duty. I mean I platted Black Ops and Black Ops:Declassified and they were ok, but MW3 sucks. I have been wrestling playing that crap for years to finish. No idea if I will ever plat it. . .

Assassin's Creed. Platted a few, the games are fun but the storylines are WTF!?!

Kingdom Hearts. Just bleh.

I never thought I would see so many bash Mass Effect, Batman:Arkham series, Dark Souls or God of War. I completed each series and thoroughly enjoyed each of them.(even with ME3s crap ending and the ultra disappointing God of War:Ascension)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Courier Simulator The Elder Scrolls. I played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim; about 20 hours each. Never really understood the appeal. A lot of walking around boring, repetitive landscapes getting items and killing the occasional dull enemy. I also felt like the whole "you can do whatever you want" thing is completely bogus, as the few interesting missions I completed (which were usually tied to the main questlines) had mandatory paths to follow with little variations. And man, do I hate the "you have to play more to get into it" argument. I mean, if a game can't hook me in 20 hours, that's a failure in my book.

• Like 1

Batman Arkham : Played Asylum and finish it like by force , was not enjoying n the 2nd half so i couldn't get into the others Arkham games cause of the 1st game experience .

Call of Duty : Played COD 4 MW the beginning of the campaign , couldn't stand it and drop it and also onlyp layed a few matches online but didn't incentive me to pla anymore so traded t for other game . Also played COD MW 3 splitscreen with friends most out of obligation and my enjoyment was none .

Blazblue : Bought Continuum Shift for PS3 , couldn't get into the mechanics and gameplay and didn't bother much trying ot learn and master so that's the main reason i couldn't get into that fighting franchise .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...