Game Franchise you can't get into

Pershing24

Atelier (although I do tend to buy all of them lol)

Ratchet & Clank (I find these games very boring)

Hyperdementia Neptunia (I think thats how you spell it.)

Danggan ronpa: or any of the other novel "games" (how ever you spell it)

Fallout: or anything Bethesda RPG related (These games just bore me to death)

• Like 2

1. Assassins Creed -
Not sure why this game is so popular, I can just not get into this kind of game, slow pacing, just generally boring in my own opinion. 

2. Resident Evil ( Except 7 ) -
Don't get me wrong I love every zombie movie/show that comes out even the horrible ones have a special place in my heart, but the games are just plain boring in my opinion, and their just milking the franchise at the moment.

3. The Witcher 3 - 
I get why this is so popular mainly because it's a huge open world and you can do whatever you want but it gets repetitive in some cases.

Warning: Everything is my opinion. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

- Any MMO/MOBA game.. most multiplayer-focused games overall

- Any FPS, never liked the gameplay

- Most games with a very "realistic dark and gritty" aesthetic

- "Realistic" racing games (I like Mario Kart and similar, but otherwise... nah)

-  Sports games

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The ones I can think of right now are:

Assassins Creed

I really enjoyed the first one and considered it to be mature, it kind of went downhill for me after that. I still like the 2nd one and even brotherhood, but I didn't bother after those.

Sly Cooper

I enjoyed the first game, but the second one was unbearable for me. The franchise had me pretty much lost me at that point.

Jak and Daxter

Exactly the same as Sly Cooper.

Devil May Cry

I was planning to play these games someday, but I can't seem to do it for the life of me for some reason...

Resident Evil

I used to have a lot of fun with RE5 a lot of years ago. Looking back I can't help but think I should probably have been playing games like KIllzone 2 instead.

• 2 months later...

Atelier games - I've played and completed 4 of them, but I bought them all before I tried the first one. I totally regretted doing that.

Sports - Don't think I'll ever buy any basketball/soccer/etc. games. Though I might give Project Cars 2 a go.

FPS - Just doesn't interest me.

LittleBigPlanet - Once I complete the Vita, I'm done. It was fun the first few times, but I quickly got frustrated with the controls.

I have trouble getting into any Telltale game. It feels like my choices don't really matter and the gameplay is slow and boring. My opinion being that i'd rather watch a movie than a telltale game and there are tons of movies.

(God of War gameplay is always the same across the many games it has)

The Elder Scrolls series or almost all Bethesda games. I loved Fallout 1 and 2, and I have plat 3 and 4, but about 10 hours in I get bored and then I just force my self to finish it. The poor char design makes it hard to connect.

GTA games, I get bored with the story after a while. I guess meaning less crimal voilence doesn't appeal to me.

Destiny - I thought the idea was really good, but the lack of a good story made it to a grindy and repeatative FPS. Atleast Battlefront, COD and Battlefield doesn't pretend to be a RPG.

I like FPS games as mentioned above, but I suck so bad at them, that I get frustrated and stop playing after a while.

As others said before, Minecraft, can't even make my self get the telltale version, even though I like all others.

Edited by Morfea
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Minecraft,terraria and gta online

Cant get into minecraft because there are no missions,just roaming around,its fun for the first 30 minutes or so,then it becomes repetitive,leave house kill animal,eat,kill zombies,walk around and come back to rebuild your house,rinse and repeat,creative mode is the same but you dont have to kill anyone.

Terraria pretty much the same

Gta online,I loved the campaign,got 100% completion,bought everything,started to play online,free roam? A massive killing arena where hackers spam planes and People kill you repeatedly,deatmatch modes are mostpy assist aim so I,a free aim player am forced to play with assist aim,as you have little to no health in gta online you pretty much get locked in their sights and they spraypaint you in the chest until you die,thanks assist aim!! Then the grinding,if you want a decent car you have to grind lots of money,same with the rp.

Just cant get into them :-(

For me I basically cannot get into any sports games series or fighting games series like: 

• Mortal Combat
  • Street Fighter

Basically any online focused FPS games like:

• Call of Duty
  • Battlefield

Honestly though that applies to any online vs games... I just suck at them and have about the same amount of confidence as a hamster in a pit of feral cats.

I don't mind co-op and working together with friends... but I quickly degenerate under the need to preform for a team against another team. 

Another series I haven't gotten into but wanted to is the GTA series. I get a lot of enjoyment out of watching others play it, but have never really picked it up myself.
Now Life is Strange is getting a prequel I can safely say that is a series I'll never get into. Although Telltale games are simply not my cup of tea anyway.

I only really feel interested in Tales from the Borderlands as Borderlands is a series I adore.

Please don't hate me. DX 

On 02/12/2016 at 11:26 PM, bpmotard said:

Final Fantasy - idk why, but I loved Legend of the Dragoon so much on my PS1 that I couldn't get myself to play FF (BUTTT, if I wanted to start, what game should I play first?)

As for which one to start from, you can pretty much start from any of them, none of them are directly linked, but I would suggest avoiding Final Fantasy XI, since it will be unplayable soon, and only try Final Fantasy XIV if you are willing to pay a subscription (PS+ subscription not needed), as it's a subscription-based MMO.

Now for the franchises I can't seem to get into (Some won't be on PS systems, obviously);

• Mortal Kombat: Too slow and clunky for my liking, I prefer faster fighting games like Dead or Alive, SoulCalibur or Tekken.
  • Street Fighter: More or less the same game each instalment just different/improved visuals, with minor gameplay changes, it's gotten beyond stale by now.
  • Call of Duty: See my reasoning for Street Fighter, plus FPS aren't really my thing
  • The Elder Scrolls: Tried Oblivion, got bored pretty quickly, gave it a second try with Skyrim, got bored again.
  • Fallout: Just doesn't look like something I'd like.
  • ANY sports franchise: Dull, boring and extremely repetitive. With possibly the sole exception to this being Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf.
  • Anything by Ninja Theory: Dull, boring, unoriginal and incredibly monotonous games with very unlikeable protagonists.
  • World of Warcraft: As much as I like Final Fantasy XIV, WoW doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, looks boring in comparison.
  • Sly Cooper: I liked Ratchet and Clank, but Sly just felt bland to me, and the less said about the voice acting the better.
  • Jak and Daxter: I never understand the hype behind this series, I tried the first game and bored extremely fast, and to think I like Crash Bandicoot, same developer.
  • Grand Theft Auto: Very boring, annoying controls, very unlikeable cast, and very tedious, drawn out plots.
  • Guitar Hero/Rock Band: I fail to see the point in buying a game where to play every aspect of them, you're required to pay for accessories that cost more than the game itself. Also gets very repetitive very fast.
  • Civilization: Like every RTS out there, feels way too slow and boring to my liking.
  • Diablo: Feels too slow to my liking, and not varied enough.
  • Hitman: Granted I have only tried Absolution, but I felt the stealth mechanics weren't quite tight enough.
  • The Witcher: I just don't get the hype, it just looks like generic western RPG fare to me, which I can never seem to get into.
  • Dragon Age: Same as The Witcher, but I have given this franchise a try with each instalment, not giving it anymore chances though.
  • The Sims: I really don't get the hype for this one, it felt really dull, not to mention the 'language' (using that term very loosely) the Sims use gets annoying very fast.

I better stop there, there are others, but that's more than enough.