Online trophies can be done solo(ish)

It's not a requirement to be more than yourself to start an online public game. And since it's quite few people online playing this game so will you be all by yourself most of the time.

So if you are going for the online trophies, just make sure to host a PUBLIC game online and good luck.

Edited by Ragowit
Too many words!
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, killer91ITA said:

2 controller method doesen't work for me random continue to join in my match i can't understand what i'm doing wrong

After you start the hosted match. You need to press start on your second controller. Then you’ll face yourself. Rematch to your hearts content. I did 10+ goals per game to make the 500 goals trophy and 50 wins not too terrible. I did fully AFK a few games after a single goal in between. But it’s still a decent way to split it up :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KaosGamesStore said:

After you start the hosted match. You need to press start on your second controller. Then you’ll face yourself. Rematch to your hearts content. I did 10+ goals per game to make the 500 goals trophy and 50 wins not too terrible. I did fully AFK a few games after a single goal in between. But it’s still a decent way to split it up :)

Thank you very much man i didn't know to press start! 

• 3 weeks later...

Just following up to write a few things on the topic that I had noticed...

• The method for hosting an online 1v1 match, and plugging in a second controller to fill the room works perfectly. This will likely be impossible when the servers go down, but works for the time being
  • The servers are old and on PS3, so they are unstable. Some of you may have noticed that your game will freeze if you go to start an online game. This is similar to Far Cry 2 connectivity for those who have experienced that, so here is what to look for..
    • If you see the "News" section of the online portion of the game is blank, the game will freeze when you start to play online. You will need to wait a little bit for the server to be a bit more stable.
    • If you see the "News" section of the online portion of the game is full and talking about Rocket League, you should be fine. Proceed with whatever you need to do. 

Best of luck to all who finish this before the servers go down. And also toggle the ballcam to where it doesn't need to be help down if you're having challenges with car control. I initially struggled until I found this was an option, and set the fastest time on PSNP so far. :)

• Like 1

More controllers = faster progress. I realized this when the "ten games played" trophy popped after only five games; each game counted twice since I had two "profiles" in the match. Wins are the same way; if you have two controllers on the winning team, it will count as two games won.

In theory, with two PS3s and eight controllers, you can lock down a lobby and get four "wins" per match, letting you finish the 50 wins trophy after only 13 games. (I'd say do 1v1 for 500 goals first, though, since bigger teams will slow you down there: you'd have to hit X on all 8 controllers to skip the replay after each goal.)

Edited by PolyhistOrion
  • Like 2

On 2023/1/20 at 7:14 AM, PolyhistOrion said:

More controllers = faster progress. I realized this when the "ten games played" trophy popped after only five games; each game counted twice since I had two "profiles" in the match. Wins are the same way; if you have two controllers on the winning team, it will count as two games won.

In theory, with two PS3s and eight controllers, you can lock down a lobby and get four "wins" per match, letting you finish the 50 wins trophy after only 13 games. (I'd say do 1v1 for 500 goals first, though, since bigger teams will slow you down there: you'd have to hit X on all 8 controllers to skip the replay after each goal.)

Thanks for the tips. I actually went for 4v4 matches with 2 consoles and 8 controllers and 50 wins trophy popped real quick. But I guess goals won't count multiple times as I scored 10+ goals per match but 500 goals trophy hasn't popped yet. If that's the case, will just do 1v1 matches for 500 goals trophy then.

EDIT: Just finished the online part of this game and I'll sum up the tips/strategy you want to use to finish it very quickly before shutdown.

Say if you have 4 controllers connected to your console, you'll want to play 2v2 matches first and score as many goals as you can every match.

Since there're 2 players on your team, every win counts twice and 50 wins trophy will pop after only 25 matches.

If you have 2 consoles with 8 controllers connected(4v4), it'll only be 13 matches for you to unlock 50 wins trophy.

Then you'll want to do 1v1 matches to continue pursuing 500 goals trophy if it hasn't popped.

Still score as many goals as possible and you'll most likely get 35-40 goals per match by playing 1v1.

That's it. Don't just score 1 goal and idle through the rest of a match unless you've unlocked 500 goals trophy already but still need 50 wins trophy.

Edited by maneater2016
  • Like 2