PS VR sales to surpass Oculus and Vive in the UK according to report

smellslikejavier

Other interesting recent news: An absolute success on sales: the PS4 port of Amnesia Collection (previous PC exclusive) recouped all costs and more after just 2 days

project_morpheus-3333552.jpg

It’s no secret by now that the PlayStation VR has been a tremendous success story for Sony. While it’s not the first VR headset available in the market, it seems it’s set to become the most successful very soon — at least in the UK.

According to data tracker GfK, early UK PlayStation VR sales numbers is already approaching the combined installed base of the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, with GfK Director Paul Simpson also adding that PSVR “eradicated” may concerns about VR.

VR devices Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, both of which are focused towards gamers, suffer when compared to PlayStation VR.
The VR units of the former are more expensive (£550-plus vs c. £350) and require a relatively high performance PC. PlayStation VR also benefits from a large installed base of PS4 owners – more than 3.5m in the UK.
Early UK sales of PlayStation VR indicate it is already approaching the combined installed base of HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. Initial PlayStation VR game sales are also positive with eight or nine boxed releases featuring in the Official UK Top 40 games chart (week ending Saturday 15th October 2016).

PSLS http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/24/playstation-vr-sales-surpass-oculus-vive-uk-according-report/

So it *hasn't* sold more than them than the Oculus or Vive yet... and the article is only looking at the sales from one piece of land slightly smaller than one of the states of the USA (Oregon)?

Both the Oculus and Vive have been on the market since months before the PSVR was released (Oculus and Vive: March/April. PS VR: October -last month-) and the article states "early UK PlayStation VR sales numbers is already approaching the combined installed base of the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive".

Which means, the PSVR is selling faster than those two there.

Edited by Gevirein
  • Like 1

Both the Oculus and Vive have been on the market since months before the PSVR was released (Oculus and Vive: March/April. PS VR: October -last month-) and the article states "early UK PlayStation VR sales numbers is already approaching the combined installed base of the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive".

Which means, the PSVR is selling faster than those two there.

Title of thread "PS VR to surpass..." I was just referring to an old (apparently obsolete) journalism rule: You can't report was is assumed to happen if you want to keep your integrity. You report what is happening or has happened.

Nothing I posted was any more factually incorrect than the title of the thread or the post.

• Like 1

Title of thread "PS VR to surpass..." I was just referring to an old (apparently obsolete) journalism rule: You can't report was is assumed to happen if you want to keep your integrity. You report what is happening or has happened.

Nothing I posted was any more factually incorrect than the title of the thread or the post.

I guess since it only took a month for the PSVR to approach both Oculus and Vive's sales there, while they were on the market for more than 6 months now, that's why they chose that title.

Anyways as stated in both the title and article this is only about the UK's sales, not taking into account the sales from other countries.

Edited by Gevirein
  • Like 1

the master race fanboys are gonna hate due to the Amnesia collection which was a PC exclusive games, are selling like hot cake and doing really well on ps4.

I hope more PC exclusive will follow suit, still wish for witcher 1 and 2 which both been canceled on ps3 to come to ps4 as a collection this time, also Hello Neighbor on ps4 will be awesome too.

as for the PS VR i'm not surprised by this news, probably it's just a matter of time and it will surpass one of the two in sales as long as Sony to keep up the good works.

• Like 1

I decided to sell my PSVR on ebay and i made a really nice profit on it as people are panicking in the run up to Christmas.

I may buy one back next year when the price drops, i just didnt really play the one that i had and the money I recieved will pay for the whole of 2017's Japanese lessons which is a massive priorty over games for me.