Winter Backlog Challenge (December 15, 2016-February 28, 2017)

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 38% -> 44%

Got done the credit grind, so now it's just lily rank and levels left before I tackle Chapter 9. Don't know if I'll start on that at all today because I got a bunch of games for Christmas along with PS VR and I'm itching to try some of it out.

EDIT: I'm at 21:49 starting on the big grind. Now to see where I'll be later on.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

Christmas has come and gone and with it comes more 3DSs and thus more Pokemon. However, I do intend to work on my list tomorrow, getting the platinum for Second Son even if it forces me to do nothing else. :(

Will work on Adventures of Mana and Knack this week and start work on Casts of the Seven Godsends even if I'm not good at platformers. There is only one week left in December and I want to try to get half of the list done before the deadline.

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 44% -> 48%

Ended up spending the day grinding lily ranks. Got done Noire, Neptune, and Blanc so far as well as three of Generia G's lily ranks since I did those at the same time as her Blanc rank as it was the odd one out when I was doing Blanc's ranks. I'll likely do at least one character tomorrow, though I'd like to also get into some of my Christmas games.

Edited by Walt the Dog

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 48% -> 50%

I was going to spend the day playing FFXV and just doing a character later tonight to make progress, but it turns out that FFXV's 11 GB patch is taking fucking forever to download, so I ended up grinding out Lee Fi's ranks to wait it out. I have about 800 MB left to download, so I may start on Resta's ranks for a bit while I'm waiting on that.

Game Time: 30:04

• Like 1

So glad I decided to pick up Shantae and Setsuna for this challenge. I think I had stopped playing them before because I hit a hard boss and stalled but currently steam rolling everything - worried about the no damage bosses and speedruns in shantae but hopefully I can git gud. 

Criminal girls 2 8%
Lost Dimension 40%
Danganrompa: AE 20%
Tearaway Unfolded 17%
Shantae and the pirates curse 17% >23%
Axiom Verge 14%
I am Setsuna 16% >36%
Gravity Rush 2 0%
The Last Guardian 0%
Stardew Valley 20%

Finally got this done at long last! Now I can get some store credit back! :devil:

1. inFamous: Second Son (100% - 48/48)
  2. Knack (7% - 5/42)
  3. Adventures of Mana (22% - 15/37)
  4. Cast of the Seven Godsends - Redux (0% - 0/23)
  5. Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (100% - 17/17)
  6. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (9% - 7/54)
  7. Song of the Deep (15% - 3/10)
  8. Final Fantasy Type-0 (4% - 3/50)

Delsin tied me to a chair and threatened to encase me in concrete unless I completed his story. :jaymon: Nah, j/k, but I managed to get started after grocery shopping(don't have any money left so I have to get happy with what I have) and spent all day and night getting to the end of the Good Walkthrough. Spent a freaking hour with Hat Trick as it took forever to get a DUP truck to roll by a spot with a neon sign and video screen so I could use all three powers. Eventually got it at a checkpoint in Downtown.

The game was pretty good story-wise and deviated only a few places in the paths. Sucker Punch surprised me with this series as it did with Sly Cooper - I thought I'd hate it, but I was dead wrong. Might be tempted to Platinum First Light, although the arena challenges... UGH.

Have to go to bed now, I have to exercise tomorrow at my weekly visit to the gym. Double ugh. :(

• Like 1

On 11/25/2016 at 2:52 PM, ladynadiad said:

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II 14% 17% (12 out of 51 trophies)
2. Demon Gaze 13% 16%  (11 out of 41 trophies)
3. TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll 11% 37% (23 out of 42 trophies)
4. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir 0%
5. Time and Eternity 18% (7 out of 30 trophies)
6. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 8% (6 out of 55 trophies)
7. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 0% 20% (1 out of 5 episodes complete, 13 out of 58 total trophies)
8. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness 0%
9. Tales of Graces f 0%

And finally have made enough progress in Cold Steel II to earn a couple of new trophies.  Just battle related ones and I'm close to a third one and closer to finishing act 2.  Act 2 has some great moments, but dang it drags a lot in the process of getting to them.  The pacing is definitely not great and it's the main fault of the game because otherwise it would be amazing if it was just paced a bit better.

And got 5 more trophies in Trinity.  Got all but one of Areus' abilities learned so I'll have plenty more coming as I finish maxing out their abilities and do more quests.  I know I'm taking my time and hitting up more quests that I should during the story since most of that people save for post game, but it's a habit ingrained into me with the Legend of Heroes games to do quests as soon as they are available.  So I currently have over 60% of the journal filled in and am at over level 50 when I'm barely halfway through the game.  I admit, I don't get why people rag on this game, it's actually really good and I am loving the attention to detail in it along with the world-building.  It reminds me of something I said back when I finished Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.  My opinion was that if a game could be made that had the awesome gameplay of Ys and the plot, world-building and attention to detail that Trails in the Sky has, it would be an amazing game (since both those series are made by Falcom, it's a plausible thing to want to see from them).  While Trinity doesn't quite hit exactly that, it does come close enough that I'm very pleased and very much enjoying it.

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 50% -> 51%

Got done Resta's lily ranks. They were a fair bit shorter since due to me spamming her SP attack on mobs and even some bosses for most of the game, she had a lot of lily rank points with quite a few people.

I also ran through Duke Nukem 3D real quick for an easy plat. I wanna make Noire my 300th plat if I can, so I'll be playing easy games in between to make sure I don't have to delay the Noire plat too long.

Game Time: 31:27

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 51% -> 52%

Decided to squeeze in Estelle's ranks tonight because why the fuck not. I'd like to have this done ASAP, and while having it done by the end of the year seems unlikely at best given my current pace combined with the fact that there's literally four days left in the year, I'd like to be able to make a considerable dent in Re;Birth2 before I start my next semester on the 17th, and more days on Noire means less days to do R;B2.

Forgot to update yesterday, oops.

2. Knack (7% - 5/42)
  3. Adventures of Mana (22% - 15/37)
  4. Cast of the Seven Godsends - Redux (15% - 7/23)

Finally did some work on Cast of the Seven Godsends. I knew it was an arcade platformer like Ghosts and Goblins but still started playing it. Died a lot and had to quit playing, but I got a few trophies. I wish I could replace it but rules are rules and I have to reap what I sow. :(

Will try to get Adventures of Mana finished today, even though I stayed up late last night starting out on Maplestory again. The new update had me intrigued and hopefully it'll take less time to get to Level 200.

Another update.

2. Knack (7% - 5/42)
  3. Adventures of Mana (48% - 27/37)(62% - 31/37)

Pushed myself to finally get the platinum for Adventures, it's not that hard. I had to redo a save because I missed the Demon Axe in the volcano and farmed for an item in the first area to ensure Item Collector, but other than that, it went very smoothly. Now at the very last part of the game and causing a mass extinction of the elephant species to get max level for the Gemma Knight trophy. UGH! I should update with the completion update in a... few hours if I do nothing else but farm elephants. :(

EDIT: Decided to just finish the story so I could get the final story trophies and push up the % on Adventures of Mana some more. I have a save before the final boss so I can grind more on elephants tomorrow and get those final levels. (I'm at Level 78 now.)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Late to the party, but still would like to play along.

Battle Field 1 (PS4) - 15% - Currently playing

Bioshock Infinite (PS3) - 18%

Bioshock (PS3) - 1%

Guitar Hero Live (PS4) - 18%

Infamous 2 (PS3) - 11%

Read Dead Revolver (PS4) - 10%

Sly 3 (Vita) - 1%

Trine 2 (PS3) - 0%

Final Fantasy VII (PS3) - 0%

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - 0% not on profile

On 11/25/2016 at 2:52 PM, ladynadiad said:

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II 14% 32% (22 out of 51 trophies)
2. Demon Gaze 13% 16%  (11 out of 41 trophies)
3. TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll 11% 41% (26 out of 42 trophies)
4. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir 0%
5. Time and Eternity 18% (7 out of 30 trophies)
6. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 8% (6 out of 55 trophies)
7. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 0% 20% (1 out of 5 episodes complete, 13 out of 58 total trophies)
8. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness 0%
9. Tales of Graces f 0%

Made some great progress in two of my games.  I finally beat act 2 in Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, which pretty much makes a large chunk of the trophies become available since the bonding trophies can be earned at the beginning of the finale, and that's 12 trophies right there of which I'll be able to get 10.  I already grabbed 4 of them and have 6 more to go, each of which is going to mean a replay of the end of act 2 (which isn't too bad, it's like 11 minutes or so since it's just three battles and a bunch of dialogue).

And I finished up chapter 3 in Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll and am well over halfway done with the story.  There's still a bunch of random questing and grinding for levels and SP and such needed for the plat plus finishing the story, but still great progress when each chapter is pretty long and this is over halfway through the story.

However, as of the 1st, I'll be doing the new year's contest which requires playing games at 5% or less completion, so I'll be swapping over to all the 0%s on my list and trying for the insanity of platinuming Odin Sphere, Tales of Graces f and Psycho-Pass in a month.  Doable, but Tales of series platinums are far from easy.  I'm hoping I can at least beat Cold Steel II before then

• Like 1

2. Knack (7% - 5/42)
  3. Adventures of Mana (100% - 37/37)

2016-12-30-175236.jpg

Finally got this platinum after hours of grinding on elephants. I am sure PETA will be after me now. :lol:

Great game, but the grinding to Level 99 is never fun. Finally buckled down and got this for my 45th platinum to round out the year. Will update only after the new year. Have a happy and safe holiday season. B)

PS: I might try the New's Year contest too. I have $17 in my PSN account.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

On 12/30/2016 at 6:48 PM, Yomako01 said:

A bit (very late) here too, but ,ay I join?

Final Fantasy XV,
Senran Kagua: Estival Versus (Vita),
Lego: The Hobbit (PS4) (4%)
Haotful Boyfriend (Vita)

XBlaze Code: Embryo (Vita)

You certainly can. :) Good luck!

Edited by ShadowStar83x
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ShadowStar83x said:

You certainly can. :) Good luck!

Thank you :)

Current Progress:

Final Fantasy XV, 32%
Senran Kagua: Estival Versus (Vita), 33%
Lego: The Hobbit (PS4) (4%) 4%
Haotful Boyfriend (Vita) 0%

XBlaze Code: Embryo (Vita) 0%

Half way through my completionist playthrough of AE, although I'm at 44% I feel close to the plat as a lot of them will pop together.

Criminal girls 2 8%
Lost Dimension 40%
Danganrompa: AE 33% > 44%
Tearaway Unfolded 17%
Shantae and the pirates curse 23%
Axiom Verge 14%
I am Setsuna 36%
Gravity Rush 2 0%
The Last Guardian 0%
Stardew Valley 20%