Winter Backlog Challenge (December 15, 2016-February 28, 2017)

I am afraid I am going to have to drop out of this event. With Kingdom Hearts 2.8 coming up and the Project Platinum for Kingdom Hearts up, I've decided to most of my trophy efforts on getting the remaining Remix platinums so I won't have time to do any of the games on my list(except for Knack, I will get all those remaining Knack forms even if it kills me). Good luck on anyone else sticking with this.

I promise, this will be the last time I ever drop out of a Backlog challenge. Of course, I don't have many games to qualify for future events. :(

Update time!

Due to a faulty memory, I ended up 100%-ing another game thinking its on this list. May I retrospectively add Letter Quest Remastered to the list?

Final Fantasy XV, 32% --> 35%
Senran Kagua: Estival Versus (Vita) 33% --> 100% Platinumed
Lego: The Hobbit (PS4) (4%) 4%
Haotful Boyfriend (Vita) 0%

XBlaze Code: Embryo (Vita) 0%

Letter Quest Remastered 0% --> 100% (There's no platinum for this game)

Edited by Yomako01
  • Like 1

Completed Revelations and made my through some of Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I forgot how awful "The Lost Archive" is, I can't believe people aside from trophy hunters actually bother to do all the trophies for it.

Anyway, planning to work on the Mad Dog Mcree games next, need a break from collecting stuff x_x

EDIT: Beat the game and I'm not looking forward to the second one. The move controls are the worst and the game relies on trial and error. I understand that it was originally an arcade game designed to get as many quarters out of people as possible but theres clearly been no change to make the game better, except infinite continues.

Edited by LeetWolf2

Spent a few ingame weeks on Starwdew Valley and put some time on Tearaway, got 10/18 levels 100%'d, still bothersome (I spent 4 hours going through one level looking for a single collectable) but its ok to do between playing other games.

Criminal girls 2 8%
Lost Dimension 40%
Danganrompa: AE Platinumed 02/07/17
Tearaway Unfolded 51% > 61%
Shantae and the pirates curse 23%
Axiom Verge 14%
I am Setsuna 36%
Gravity Rush 2 0%
The Last Guardian 0%
Stardew Valley 20%

On 1/11/2017 at 9:11 PM, DetectiveCJ said:

I am afraid I am going to have to drop out of this event. With Kingdom Hearts 2.8 coming up and the Project Platinum for Kingdom Hearts up, I've decided to most of my trophy efforts on getting the remaining Remix platinums so I won't have time to do any of the games on my list(except for Knack, I will get all those remaining Knack forms even if it kills me). Good luck on anyone else sticking with this.

I promise, this will be the last time I ever drop out of a Backlog challenge. Of course, I don't have many games to qualify for future events. :(

No worries, man. If you have at least five, you'll be good for spring. Signups for that open February 14 if you're interested.

Finally completed Tearaway unfolded. The later level collectables were much less trouble than the earlier ones, so glad it's over! Will probably play Stardew, criminal girls, last Guardian and Setsuna next. Only two games down after a calendar month, seeing as I've got a lot of take home work this time of year I'm not sure I'll even plat half of what is left :)

Criminal girls 2 8%
Lost Dimension 40%
Shantae and the pirates curse 23%
Axiom Verge 14%
I am Setsuna 36%
Gravity Rush 2 0%
The Last Guardian 0%
Stardew Valley 20%

Danganrompa: AE Platinumed 02/07/17
Tearaway Unfolded 51% Platinum'd 15/01/17

Haven't made an update since pretty much the start of the event but here it is:

1. Tekken Tag Tournament HD- 18% 100%

2. Battlefield 1- 15%

3. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness- 14% 15%

4. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition- 5%

5. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection- 5%

6. Senran Kagura Estival Versus- 1%

7. Plague Inc. Evolved- 14%

8. Day of the Tentacle Remastered- 12%

9. The Darkness II- 0%

10. Saturday Morning RPG- 0% 22%

11. Strider- 0% 9%

12. Mirrors Edge Catalyst- 13%

13. Titanfall 2- 0% 11%

14. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Editon- 0% 37%

Games Finished:

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (12/18/2016) 

Little progress thanks to pretty much getting new releases and having gamefly. Plus just playing other games not in the challenge. I'm still gonna try to get at least 10 of these done to count it as a win in my book. Will try to update this every few days as I will be focusing on this mainly.

Edit: Managed to get the Tekken Tag platinum just now. Don't know why it took me so damn long tho. Definitely one of the easier fighting games to get a platinum but the time attack was giving me some trouble. 

Edited by Triicky913
  • Like 1

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (JP): 23% -> 37%

Got done the Conquest End and I'm just about done the grinding for Holy Sword. Just gotta get Planeptune's shares to 55% and get several more lily ranks up, neither of which is terribly bad, especially with Destroy Symbols and Symbol Gains active. Hopefully, I can have Holy Sword done by tonight.

1. Dark Cloud - PS4 51% => 60%

2. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - PS4 (haven't started yet)

3. Deadly Tower of Monsters - PS4 (haven't started yet)

4. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando - PS3 (haven't started yet)

5. Zombie Tycoon II - PS3 (haven't started yet)

So I know I am not super far in this challenge, but I am actually going to add one (two if I can retroactively add Letter Quest Remastered like someone else asked). I am adding Marvel Ultimate Alliance to be my 50th platinum. All the games I added this time are platinums and that will mean if I follow this list exactly my 50th platinum will be Zombie Tycoon II and while I am not really one to care about milestones I do really like Marvel Ultimate Alliance. So that will be number 50.

Update... 7 ready, 1 to go.

1. Alone With You (PS4) - 88% (22/25) - READY
  2. Lara Croft GO (PS4/Vita) - 90% (16/18) - READY
  3. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - 98% (39/41) - READY
  4. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture - 90% (17/19) - READY
  5. Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception Remastered - 87% (53/59)

6. Batman: A Telltale Game (PS3) - 90% (29/31) - READY

7. Tales From the Borderlands (PS4) - 91% (34/36) - READY
  8. Day of the Tentacle Remastered - 98% (56/58) - READY
  • Like 1

Quick status update:

1. Broken Age (27% -> 91%)
  2. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (100%)
  3. Letter Quest Remastered (28%)
  4. Transistor (10% -> 18%)
  5. Valiant Hearts: The Great War (19%)

Finished Broken Age last week, I'll just need to speed run it for 100% (fingers crossed that it won't be too tricky).  This week I'm focusing on Transistor.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (JP): 37% -> 63%

Got done the Holy Sword Ending and I'm at Chapter 5 of my "everything else" playthrough. Got done the Maker, Planeptune, Lastation, and Leanbox endings, so I'll move on to the True End once I do the Lowee ending. Also got every oracle plan thus far and made the Histoire and Chika plans. Waiting on Kei and Mina because I don't have the dungeons required for Kei's plan yet and Mina's monster is stuck behind an event marker. :| I'll do the True End with Lowee at as much shares as possible to mitigate the grinding for Mina later on (at 53% right now and I'll make a save here and then load it once I have the Lowee End since the only landmass below 15% is Lastation and Leanbox has some excess as well that can get that back up), but having to grind again for Kei is gonna suck. :(

In any case, I'm pretty close to the end now. I don't have much left since I just have two more story chapters which should be piss-easy with my Level 99 party, Delphinus, who shouldn't be too terrible to bring down with a good strategy, 100M credits, which was greatly simplified compared to R;B1, 200 plans which will come naturally once I'm loaded from getting the money trophy and can buy accessories en masse, getting the oracles to Level 99, which shouldn't take more than a few hours at most, unlocking the rest of the dungeons, which is simple item gathering in the True End dungeons and getting done the first chapter in NG+ to unlock the back half of the recipes, and going through the rest of Stella's Dungeon, which, while annoyingly long, is mitigated by the fact that I don't have to be present at all for it. It sounds like a lot, but compared to how much I've done already, it's not that bad.

Edited by Wdog-999

On 11/25/2016 at 2:52 PM, ladynadiad said:

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II 14% 100%
2. Demon Gaze 13% 16%  (11 out of 41 trophies)
3. TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll 11% 47% (28 out of 42 trophies)
4. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir 0%
5. Time and Eternity 18% (7 out of 30 trophies)
6. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 8% (6 out of 55 trophies)
7. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 0% 20% (1 out of 5 episodes complete, 13 out of 58 total trophies)
8. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness 0% 47% (19 out of 36 trophies)
9. Tales of Graces f 0%

Been a while since my last update, but since then I got the platinum in Cold Steel II and made some good progress in Psycho Pass.  I also went back to Trinity and got a couple more trophies in that one.  I'll probably finish Psycho Pass within the next day or two and I'm getting pretty close to beating Trinity which would leave just the end game grind to level 99 and filling out the rest of the data that has trophies related to it.  The data won't be too bad since I've tried to do random quests as I went along and have 80% of the journal filled already.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (JP): 63% -> 81%

Got done the Lowee End and now I'm on the True End path. I also recruited Mina (unfortunately, I'm gonna need a whole other playthrough for Kei because I got careless with some big-ticket plans and wasted MB), got done the 200 plans, got halfway through the credit grind, and most importantly, I defeated Delphinus. I now have Stella going through one of the Chapter 7 dungeons while I go to sleep at 5:41 AM when I have to be up at 9.

Hoping to have this done sans Stella's Dungeon by Monday so I'll stop staying up super late to play this. >_>

Edited by Wdog-999

New (small) Update:

1. Dark Cloud - PS4 60% => 90%

3. Deadly Tower of Monsters - PS4 (haven't started yet)

6. Letter Quest Remastered - PS4  71%

7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance - PS4 (haven't started yet)

Should finish up Dark Cloud tonight.

• Like 1

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (JP): 81% -> 92%

Got done the credit grind and the True End. I've got all of the dungeons unlocked on my fourth playthrough, but I'm gonna wait for later on the rest of the plans because the Chapter 2 team just isn't cutting it on Domination Machine whom I have to kill to complete the Add Enemies plan for Trinity Marsh and due to how strong it is, I can't just kill it with Symbol Attack. I can only imagine how strong the stronger enemies in Trinity Marsh are given that even the trash mobs there can't be symbol killed and are ridiculously strong. >_>

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1

@ShadowStar83x I might be interested in taking over, as long as you don't have a rule I have to be a premium member or have so many posts, like the project platinums. If you do that's cool too.

Update:

1. Dark Cloud - PS4 90% => 100%

3. Deadly Tower of Monsters - PS4 0% => 1%

6. Letter Quest Remastered - PS4  71% => 100%

Edited by colinmazzini
  • Like 1

1. Dark Cloud - PS4 90% => 100%

3. Deadly Tower of Monsters - PS4 1% => 4%

5. Zombie Tycoon II - PS3 0% => 40%

6. Letter Quest Remastered - PS4  71% => 100%

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II 14% 100%
2. Demon Gaze 13% 16%  (11 out of 41 trophies)
3. TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll 11% 100%
4. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir 0% 8% (6 out of 48 trophies)
5. Time and Eternity 18% (7 out of 30 trophies)
6. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 8% 17% (10 out of 55 trophies)
7. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 0% 20% (1 out of 5 episodes complete, 13 out of 58 total trophies)
8. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness 0% 100%
9. Tales of Graces f 0%

So since my last update I got the plats for Psycho Pass and Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll.  I also started Odin Sphere and got a few random trophies in Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters.  I'm currently installing Time and Eternity so once I earn some more trophies for that one I'll have earned something in all but Tales of Graces f.  I probably won't be touching Tales of Graces f again until I get the plat in Time and Eternity because both have large installs and I have a tiny 12GB hard drive on my PS3 that won't fit two larger installs.  So wish more games were like Trinity and didn't make you wait forever to install before playing and instead install as you play.

• Like 1