Winter Backlog Challenge (December 15, 2016-February 28, 2017)

Update for the weekend:

• Broken Age (91%)
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (100%)
  • Letter Quest Remastered (28%)
  • Transistor (18% -> 64%)
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War (19%)

Transistor's going well; I need to finish my second playthrough and beat the rest of the challenge rooms, but I think I'll take a break from it and start Valiant Hearts this week instead.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (JP): 92% -> 97%

Got done everything in Stella's Dungeon aside from the Colosseum and True Neptral Tower. Letting the former run now and it should be done around midnight tomorrow. ;_;

Also, I went ahead and killed the last two enemies I needed to kill to get the Moon Key. Turns out that my Chapter 3 team worked just fine for Dominance Machine and despite my concerns, Unplanned Dogoo was actually a bit easier to kill. I also got to Chapter 6 in my 4th playthrough, recruited Kei, and got her to Level 99, effectively concluding everything I had to actually work for. Once I get done Stella's Dungeon in a few days from now, the plat will finally be mine. :dance:

• Like 1

Another Update:

1. Battlefield 1- 15%

2. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness- 15%

3. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition- 5%

4. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection- 5%

5. Senran Kagura Estival Versus- 1%

6. Plague Inc. Evolved- 14%

7. Day of the Tentacle Remastered- 12%

8. The Darkness II- 0% 100%

9. Saturday Morning RPG- 22%

10. Strider- 9%

11. Mirrors Edge Catalyst- 13%

12. Titanfall 2- 11%

13. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Editon- 37%

Games Finished:

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy(12/18/2016)

Tekken Tag Tournament HD(1/15/2017)

Started and finished The Darkness II this weekend since I had a four day weekend to work with. Really fun to play and was great to play this again since I have had done this on Xbox 360. Will be working on more games this week which will hopefully lead to more platinums to get in the weekend. 

Edited by Triicky913

New Update:

1. Dark Cloud - PS4 100%

2. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - PS4 (haven't started yet)

3. Deadly Tower of Monsters - PS4 4%

4. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando - PS3 (haven't started yet)

5. Zombie Tycoon II - PS3 40% => 48%

6. Letter Quest Remastered - PS4  100%

7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance - PS4 0% => 7%

Getting closer to the end of Zombie Tycoon II, there is a real difficulty spike I didn't expect and is probably a bit excessive. So that has slowed me down a bit. Finally, started Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and I love it just as much as I remember back on xbox.

• Like 3

On 12/1/2016 at 5:03 PM, vanillamoose said:

Yay always wanted to do a backlog challenge! Here are my picks:

Volume (Vita): 1%

Virginia: (not started yet)

Jazzpunk: 11%

Adventures of Mana: 17%

Ratchet and Clank 3 up your Arsenal (PS3): 13%

Update on my progress:

Jazzpunk: 100%

Quick Review (QR): Rather hard game to describe for it's in a class all on it's own. Nonetheless, a fun, quirky adventure with tons of nods to gaming culture.

Virginia: 100%

QR: The type of game where one will scratch their heads until the credits roll. The absence of character dialogue, ambiguous transitions between dreams and reality, and heavy reliance on symbolism requires a second playthrough in order to unearth all that is Virginia.

Adventures of Mana: 100%

QR: A classic grid action/adventure game reimagined for the Vita. While a fresh coat a paint was applied to this gem, the classic gameplay mechanics (for better or worse) were retained. All in all, a true trip down memory lane worth taking. 

Volume: 8%

R&C 3: 16% 

Been pretty addicted to God Eater Resurrection...so once I get through the story, I'll switch gears and play Volume again ;)

• Like 1

Adventures of Mana: 100%

QR: A classic grid action/adventure game reimagined for the Vita. While a fresh coat a paint was applied to this gem, the classic gameplay mechanics (for better or worse) were retained. All in all, a true trip down memory lane worth taking. 

Glad to see someone else playing this game. (I'm working on it now.) ^_^

• Like 1

Been studying for the most part of the last week, but here's my update!
Final Fantasy XV, 35%--> 64%
Senran Kagua: Estival Versus (Vita) 100%
Lego: The Hobbit (PS4) (4%) 4%
Haotful Boyfriend (Vita) 0%

XBlaze Code: Embryo (Vita) 0% --> 6%

Letter Quest Remastered 0% --> 100%

Edited by Yomako01
  • Like 2

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II 14% 100%
2. Demon Gaze 13% 16%  (11 out of 41 trophies)
3. TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll 11% 100%
4. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir 0% 14% (10 out of 48 trophies)
5. Time and Eternity 18% (7 out of 30 trophies)
6. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 8% 17% (10 out of 55 trophies)
7. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 0% 20% (1 out of 5 episodes complete, 13 out of 58 total trophies)
8. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness 0% 100%
9. Tales of Graces f 0%

Made a bit more progress in Odin Sphere.  I've finished Gwendolyn's tale for now and am just wrapping up by finding the skills I missed, leveling her up some more to get the rest of her abilities and getting the recipes I missed and making sure to eat them for the trophy that needs that and then I'll move on to the next tale.  It's been a fun enough game so far and definitely a perfect sort of game for Vita since it's so easy to play a little bit at a time and just slowly chip away at this one.

• Like 2

Completed Dragon's Lair, and I'm going to start the sequel soon. Was a really fun game, even though Hard mode can be incredibly frustrating when it comes to requiring you input the button sequences perfectly. Still had a great time with it, glad I played this classic arcade game 

• Like 1

New Update:

1. Dark Cloud - PS4 100%  :platinum:

3. Deadly Tower of Monsters - PS4 4%=>29%

5. Zombie Tycoon II - PS3 48% => 100%  :platinum:

7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance - PS4 7% => 25%

I finished Zombie Tycoon II, once I got over the frustration of the latter episodes it was alright. It was a bit harder than I expected. I'm now working on Marvel Ultimate Alliance, I think the biggest challenge will be the online multiplayer. There is literally no one playing, I have been trying for three days and not a single game. 

• Like 1

Grinding a bit on the vita games, did a little more in GR2. Played a few new releases too. Hopefully will get a platinum or two (even three?) in the next fortnight.

Criminal girls 2 8%
Lost Dimension 40%
Shantae and the pirates curse 23%
Axiom Verge 14%
I am Setsuna 36%
Gravity Rush 2 11% > 17%
The Last Guardian 0%
Stardew Valley 20% >22%

Danganrompa: AE Platinumed 02/07/17
Tearaway Unfolded 51% Platinum'd 15/01/17

New Update:

1. Dark Cloud - PS4 100%  :platinum:

3. Deadly Tower of Monsters - PS4 29%=>62%

5. Zombie Tycoon II - PS3 48% => 100%  :platinum:

7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance - PS4 25% => 31%

I know I just posted yesterday but I made good progress in deadly tower of monsters. Might be able to finish it up tonight. Also I found a way around the online for marvel ultimate alliance. I plugged in my pstv and used remote play on my ps4 then I hooked up three ps3 controllers and was able to knock out the 4 person co-op trophies. Since that was the greatest barrier I was worried about it should be no problem to make that platinum #50.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (JP): 97% -> 100% :platinum: :dance:

True Neptral Tower is annoying as fuck. Aside from having to do a 9900 run before my 10000 run, I had to do several other runs in the 5000-8000 range to get the equipment I needed to even reach 9900. Ended up taking far longer than I intended for it to.

Also, @ShadowStar83x, would it be allowed to switch out the NA version of Superdimension Neptunia for the Chinese version seeing as how they're the same game? I wanna do that one first so I can get as high up on its First Achievers list as possible, not to mention I wanna do a speedrun of the NA version if possible and I don't really have the time for it atm with college and such.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Completed Titanfall 2, absolutely loved the game. Getting in the top 3 of The Pilot's Gauntlet was incredibly challenging and satisfying. You really need to learn the level and be skillful enough to know how to move quickly. Both SP and MP are great too, the Campaign introduces a new mechanic in every level and really tests your skills. I think my biggest issue with the game is that you get nothing except 2 trophies for getting the collectibles. 

Not sure what to do next; work on Hitman: Contracts or continue Uncharted: Golden Abyss. :hmm:

• Like 1

On 12/15/2016 at 11:32 PM, Kishnabe said:

Gal Gun: Double Peace PSV (2%)

One Piece: Burning Blood PSV (5%)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II PSV (10%)

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (0%)

World of Final Fantasy PSV (0%)

Dragon Quest Builders PS4 (0%)

Dungeon Punks PSV (0%)

Claire PSV (6%)

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X PSV (5%)

Ray Gigant (0%)

Stories: The Path of Destinies (0%)

The Deadly Tower of Monsters(0%)

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture(0%)

Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart(0%)

Clockwork Tales: From Glass and Ink(0%)

Setting myself to fail again...let see what happens.

Completed Dungeons Punks, yeah at least one completed game. I was an idiot with this list......looking to complete 1-2 or more games.

One Piece Burning Blood at 28%

Looking to at least complete One Piece BB, Gal Gun, and TOCS2 by this ends

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (JP): 97% -> 100% :platinum: :dance:

True Neptral Tower is annoying as fuck. Aside from having to do a 9900 run before my 10000 run, I had to do several other runs in the 5000-8000 range to get the equipment I needed to even reach 9900. Ended up taking far longer than I intended for it to.

Also, @ShadowStar83x, would it be allowed to switch out the NA version of Superdimension Neptunia for the Chinese version seeing as how they're the same game? I wanna do that one first so I can get as high up on its First Achievers list as possible, not to mention I wanna do a speedrun of the NA version if possible and I don't really have the time for it atm with college and such.

image.jpeg

Wow, that's impressive. I think I am glad I decided to drop the Hyperdimension Neptunia series - it's so complicated and difficult to platinum. (Not as bad as the Mugen Souls series, though - man, those Mugen Field runs were annoying.)

Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune Vs. Zombies (EU): 0% -> 100% :platinum: :dance:

Decided to do this one all in one night since I had the perfect opportunity. Sure, I got literally no sleep last night, but I did manage to get the plat in 10 hours and 11 minutes, which is 6 hours faster than the previous best.

Given that this was the one I really wanted to do a speedrun of, I'm glad that I finally got it out of the way.

image.jpeg

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 3

Completed the story for GR and got a few side quest trophies down. Just reached 25th trophy 'level' :)

Criminal girls 2 8%
Lost Dimension 40%
Shantae and the pirates curse 23%
Axiom Verge 14%
I am Setsuna 36%
Gravity Rush 2 17% > 33%
The Last Guardian 0%
Stardew Valley 20% >22%

Danganrompa: AE Platinumed 02/07/17
Tearaway Unfolded 51% Platinum'd 15/01/17

Edited by StilRh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune Vs. Zombies (EU): 0% -> 100% :platinum: :dance:

Decided to do this one all in one night since I had the perfect opportunity. Sure, I got literally no sleep last night, but I did manage to get the plat in 10 hours and 11 minutes, which is 6 hours faster than the previous best.

Given that this was the one I really wanted to do a speedrun of, I'm glad that I finally got it out of the way.

image.jpeg

Is this a good game to platinum? I wanted to plat one Neptunia game. :(

I din't know what is worse, the room you have to visit four times and fight increasing numbers of Red Giants or taking over an hour to defeat Adamantoise. On the plus side FF XV platinumed :)

Final Fantasy XV 64% --> 100% :platinum:
Senran Kagua: Estival Versus (Vita) 100% :platinum:
Lego: The Hobbit (PS4) (4%) 4%
Haotful Boyfriend (Vita) 0%

XBlaze Code: Embryo (Vita) 6%

Letter Quest Remastered 0% --> 100%

Edited by Yomako01
  • Like 2

New Update:

1. Dark Cloud - PS4 100%  :platinum:

3. Deadly Tower of Monsters - PS4 62%=>100% :platinum:

5. Zombie Tycoon II - PS3 48% => 100%  :platinum:

7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance - PS4 31% => 46%

Finished off Deadly Tower of Monsters. I personally loved this game. Probably some of the most enjoyment I have gotten out of a game in some time. Short, easy, and I thought it was funny. Definitely worth a shot if you got it on PS Plus. Now I just need to either knock out Everybody's Gone to the Rapture or Ratchet and Clank before getting Marvel as my 50th platinum. If I stay on track this might actually be the first challenge I complete what I set out to do (famous last words of course).

• Like 1