The Platinum Pyramid-Season 3(Currently On Hold)

This is an interesting idea (Thanks for the shout out by the way). I'm not sure if I'll join just yet, but I have a few questions:

1. Are the rarities for the pyramid as of when we make the pyramid or January first? I'm asking just in case I pick an ultra rare game that later shifts to very rare or something of that nature.
  2. For Rule 5, are you referring to games that are under 10% completion on our profile?
  3. Are we allowed to work on games in any order as long as we get the platinums in the order of the pyramid?

This is an interesting idea (Thanks for the shout out by the way). I'm not sure if I'll join just yet, but I have a few questions:

1. Are the rarities for the pyramid as of when we make the pyramid or January first? I'm asking just in case I pick an ultra rare game that later shifts to very rare or something of that nature.
  2. For Rule 5, are you referring to games that are under 10% completion on our profile?
  3. Are we allowed to work on games in any order as long as we get the platinums in the order of the pyramid?

1. When you made the pyramid

2. Yes, made the edit on the OP. Sorry about that

3. It has to be starting in the Common/Uncommon with the first game on the furthest left, then continuing in that row. Once that row is completed, you have to complete the first game on the furthest left in the Rare row. Then continuing with that rule for the next 2 rows. Here is a photo.

FUDPvn5.png?1

Edited by Triicky913

1. When you made the pyramid

2. Yes, made the edit on the OP. Sorry about that

3. It has to be starting in the Common/Uncommon with the first game on the furthest left, then continuing in that row. Once that row is completed, you have to complete the first game on the furthest left in the Rare row. Then continuing with that rule for the next 2 rows.

I'm still confused about my last question. I know I have to get the platinums in that order, but can I say get all but a few trophies in a game higher on the pyramid and then come back to it when it's time to get that platinum, or should I avoid getting any trophies in it beforehand?

I'm still confused about my last question. I know I have to get the platinums in that order, but can I say get all but a few trophies in a game higher on the pyramid and then come back to it when it's time to get that platinum, or should I avoid getting any trophies in it beforehand?

Avoid getting all trophies in it. Have to complete the game you are currently on from start to finish before being able to work on the next one. 

I would suggest that each person willing to participate in this PP have at least 2 games with a 0% in them, or have not played the game yet. Makes things a bit fair for everyone.

Now that I think about it would be a little unfair if every game a person has was at 10%. I'll add this to the rules.

Can we prepare the platinums but not pop them? I mean I would be willing to provide proof and all that (screenshot or whatever) but as nice as it would be to win the prizes I think holding the platinums is more valuable to me.

I respect it, but the platinum has to be popped. I don't want someone to be at like 95% on an UR then show me a screenshot of that only for them to avoid the last trophy before the plat. Be a little unfair. 

Avoid getting all trophies in it. Have to complete the game you are currently on from start to finish before being able to work on the next one. 

Now that I think about it would be a little unfair if every game a person has was at 10%. I'll add this to the rules.

Hmm. I probably wouldn't do very well then. I don't have access to my PS4 while at college, so unless I get the first six plats on my list in the first ten days of the event, there'll be about a month gap before I can do anything again. I am interested though, so I'll keep looking to see if I can make my list any better.

Ok I will sign up for this. Gives me another reason to complete my backlog:

C/U - Skylanders Imaginators (PS3), Root Letter (Vita), The Legend of Korra (PS3), Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 V GENERATION (Vita)

R - Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (Vita), Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 SISTERS GENERATION (Vita)

VR - Skylanders Trap Team (PS3), Final Fantasy XIII

UR - Mugen Souls

Laf852f.png

L9878dd.pngL29e03d.png

L04abed.pngL1acad9.pngL1b4636.png

L967fd6.pngL06d702.pngL85fe25.pngLdff789.png

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 3

I respect it, but the platinum has to be popped. I don't want someone to be at like 95% on an UR then show me a screenshot of that only for them to avoid the last trophy before the plat. Be a little unfair. 

I really meant more of a screenshot of like "almost ready to do the last thing."

Clearly that would be easier to prove with some games and some trophies than others, but if for example there was a collectible trophy and you took a screenshot of your progress that showed you had 59/60 collected and were standing in front of the last one you needed, that sort of thing.

I really like the idea but it's just that rule 4 is putting me off a bit. I like to play multiple games at the same time and not having to concentrate on only one game each time. I'll keep an eye on this thread though.

Yea been locked to complete a certain game could be a little annoying at times especially if games require multiple playthroughs I usually complete it play something in between and then go back for a 2nd play through to finish the platinum, I actually think been able to play any game in the current tier would be better as in you can play any of your 4 common/uncommon games in any order etc or earn trophies in 2-3 of them whilst working on them but you can't move on to another tier until all the previous tier is completed.

For example using the example pyramid :D

- You get the Uncharted 2 platinum

- Then move on to Batman Arkham Asylum complete it 80% but feel a little burned out with it

- So you decided to play some Resident Evil 5 and earn everything except one annoying trophy

- You then decide to go back and finish of Batman and get the platinum

- Then go back and finish of the last Resident Evil 5 trophy and get the platinum

- Now you can move on to the next tier to play either Assassin's Creed 3 or Battlefield 4

• Like 3

I'll join I think, undecided on games as of the moment.

Edit: Also I would say relaxing the one game at a time rule would probably make this competition more popular. One of the reasons the two leagues you've mentioned are as well received as they are is the fact that they are fairly simple and you don't have to change up your playing style completely to enter them.

I would suggest maybe even just relaxing the rule to you can play any of the games in a row of the pyramid, but must finish all of them before you can move on and start any of the next row. But of course your comp your rules. I like the idea of this and hope that people support it. :)

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 4

Sign me up, this is perfect for clearing my backlog of games that I haven't even started yet.

I won't have access to my ps4 for about a week from Jan 11th to Jan 18th (will be in dubai for vacation) but that just means I have to work extra hard haha

C/UC: Far Cry Primal - The Wolf Among Us - Murdered: Soul Suspect - The Walking Dead: Season 1 

R: Deadpool - Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered - Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

VR: Watch Dogs 2 (I heard this is a very easy plat but since it came out recently its still Very Rare, wonder if it'll still count after its changed) - The Last of Us: Remastered

UR: N++ (This is gonna be one fun ride)

post-163396-0-34731400-1480255335_thumb.png

post-163396-0-11292100-1480254709_thumb.pngpost-163396-0-63308600-1480255050_thumb.png

post-163396-0-52978300-1480255150_thumb.jpgpost-163396-0-09994800-1480254981_thumb.pngpost-163396-0-86020000-1480255255_thumb.png

post-163396-0-87156000-1480255170_thumb.jpgpost-163396-0-79102500-1480255052_thumb.pngpost-163396-0-76383900-1480255165_thumb.jpgpost-163396-0-69904300-1480254703_thumb.png

• Like 1

I'm going to do something cheesy and if you don't like it I'll change it but given the current rules it seems perfectly legal.

C/UC: Far Cry Primal (34.04% achieved, top 50 time 1 day 23 hours,) Tales From The Borderlands (50.10% achieved, top 50 time 9 hours 29 minutes,) God of War II (26.91% achieved, top 50 time 7 hours 35 minutes,) Deadly Tower of Monsters (36.09% achieved, 4 hours 43 minutes.)

R: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (10.12% achieved, top 50 time 2 days 4 hours) Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut (13.41% achieved, top 50 time 2 days 9 hours) Tomb Raider: Anniversary (16.73% achieved, 1 day 19 hours.)

VR: PES 2014 (6.64% achieved, top 50 time 3 days 4 hours,) Deus Ex: Human Revolution (6.88% achieved, top 50 time 3 days 22 hours.)

UR: Batman: A Telltale Games Series (0% achieved, top 50 time N/A.)

Yes I am using a yet to be fully released Telltale Game as my UR. If the top 50 time ends up being below your minimum, and I assure you it will not, then you can disqualify it and me from the season.

Also I agree 100% with Zajac and Obscure. Relaxing but not eliminating the requirements of the completion order is a great way to encourage more participants while still staying within the spirit of the competition.

(Sorry I'm not really good with images, I included the qualifications for my games to compensate lol.)

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 1

I would suggest maybe even just relaxing the rule to you can play any of the games in a row of the pyramid, but must finish all of them before you can move on and start any of the next row. But of course your comp your rules. I like the idea of this and hope that people support it. :)

I'm open to changing the rule if the majority of people would rather do this instead of just focusing on one game at a time. I figured it would be easier to just focus on one game at since I know some people like to do that when working on games but I can understand doing multiple playthroughs of one game(Uncharted 2 for example) would be a little annoying. 

Cool idea. I don't have enough common/uncommon games though to participate. Ooh I know, can we try 4 ultra rares and 1 uncommon? :D

Hmm if you think you can do that then go for it! Just the games that you put in the pyramid still have to go in order of rank. If thats the case your pyramid would look like this

UR

UR UR

VR VR UR

UC R R R

Ok I will sign up for this. Gives me another reason to complete my backlog:

C/U - Skylanders Imaginators (PS3), Root Letter (Vita), The Legend of Korra (PS3), Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 V GENERATION (Vita)

R - Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (Vita), Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 SISTERS GENERATION (Vita)

VR - Skylanders Trap Team (PS3), Final Fantasy XIII

UR - Mugen Souls

Laf852f.png

L9878dd.pngL29e03d.png

L04abed.pngL1acad9.pngL1b4636.png

L967fd6.pngL06d702.pngL85fe25.pngLdff789.png

Sign me up, this is perfect for clearing my backlog of games that I haven't even started yet.

I won't have access to my ps4 for about a week from Jan 11th to Jan 18th (will be in dubai for vacation) but that just means I have to work extra hard haha

C/UC: Far Cry Primal - The Wolf Among Us - Murdered: Soul Suspect - The Walking Dead: Season 1 

R: Deadpool - Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered - Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

VR: Watch Dogs 2 (I heard this is a very easy plat but since it came out recently its still Very Rare, wonder if it'll still count after its changed) - The Last of Us: Remastered

UR: N++ (This is gonna be one fun ride)

attachicon.gifn.PNG

attachicon.gifwd2.PNGattachicon.giftlou.png

attachicon.gifDeadpoolLogo.jpgattachicon.gifcod.PNGattachicon.gifsleeping dogs.PNG

attachicon.giffar.jpgattachicon.gifwolf.PNGattachicon.gifmurdered soul.jpgattachicon.giftwd.png

You both have been added! Thanks for joining!

I'm going to do something cheesy and if you don't like it I'll change it but given the current rules it seems perfectly legal.

C/UC: Far Cry Primal (34.04% achieved, top 50 time 1 day 23 hours,) Tales From The Borderlands (50.10% achieved, top 50 time 9 hours 29 minutes,) God of War II (26.91% achieved, top 50 time 7 hours 35 minutes,) Deadly Tower of Monsters (36.09% achieved, 4 hours 43 minutes.)

R: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (10.12% achieved, top 50 time 2 days 4 hours) Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut (13.41% achieved, top 50 time 2 days 9 hours) Tomb Raider: Anniversary (16.73% achieved, 1 day 19 hours.)

VR: PES 2014 (6.64% achieved, top 50 time 3 days 4 hours,) Deus Ex: Human Revolution (6.88% achieved, top 50 time 3 days 22 hours.)

UR: Batman: A Telltale Games Series (0% achieved, top 50 time N/A.)

Yes I am using a yet to be fully released Telltale Game as my UR. If the top 50 time ends up being below your minimum, and I assure you it will not, then you can disqualify it and me from the season.

Hmm I guess I have to put an exception on these types of games then. As it does perfectly fit into the rules since no one has the platinum yet, but its also unobtainable at this time since Episode 5 hasn't been released. So since it's unobtainable I have to remove it. The other 9 games qualify so you just need to change the UR.

Since most people would rather have the "complete all games in the row before moving on to the next one" rule rather than "1 at a time in each row" i'll change it to that.

• Like 3

First of all I want to say that this is a brilliant idea and one of the best on PSNP that I've seen :). I will definitely joining, but I have to agree with Obscure and zajac about completeing all the games in a certain teir before moving on to the next one. I think it will not only attract more participants but add some strategy to the competition rather then just speed. Either way I will be joining!

By the way, are we allowed to play games that aren't on the pyramid during the competition?

C/UC: Ratchet: Deadlocked - Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - Bloodborne - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

R: Assassin's Creed Unity - Fallout 4 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1

VR: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories

UR: Catherine

S4ff069.png

S359338.pngS74f68a.png

S9e09bf.pngSdca299.pngS9bc30d.png

Sbd137c.pngSe4df23.pngS9484fb.pngS0f0efa.png

Since most people would rather have the "complete all games in the row before moving on to the next one" rule rather than "1 at a time in each row" i'll change it to that.

Thanks Tricky :lol:! Edited by Kent10201

I'm open to changing the rule if the majority of people would rather do this instead of just focusing on one game at a time. I figured it would be easier to just focus on one game at since I know some people like to do that when working on games but I can understand doing multiple playthroughs of one game(Uncharted 2 for example) would be a little annoying. 

Hmm if you think you can do that then go for it! Just the games that you put in the pyramid still have to go in order of rank. If thats the case your pyramid would look like this

UR

UR UR

VR VR UR

UC R R R

You both have been added! Thanks for joining!

Hmm I guess I have to put an exception on these types of games then. As it does perfectly fit into the rules since no one has the platinum yet, but its also unobtainable at this time since Episode 5 hasn't been released. So since it's unobtainable I have to remove it. The other 9 games qualify so you just need to change the UR.

Appreciate the rule change regarding completion of the pyramid.

I think what I'll do then is sit on it and hope the 5th and final episode comes out prior to Jan 1. If it does, I will then lock in my entry while it is still at an ultra rare, but with some achievers.

First of all I want to say that this is a brilliant idea and one of the best on PSNP that I've seen  :). I will definitely joining, but I have to agree with Obscure and zajac about completeing all the games in a certain teir before moving on to the next one. I think it will not only attract more but add some strategy to the competition rather then just speed. Either way I will be joining!

By the way, are we allowed to play games that aren't on the pyramid during the competition?

C/UC: Ratchet: Deadlocked - Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - Bloodborne - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

R: Assassin's Creed Unity - Fallout 4 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1

VR: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories

UR: Catherine

S4ff069.png

S359338.pngS74f68a.png

S9e09bf.pngSdca299.pngS9bc30d.png

Sbd137c.pngSe4df23.pngS9484fb.pngS0f0efa.png

Thanks Tricky  :lol:!

You've been added! Thanks for joining! Also for the games not in the pyramid, I don't see why not. As long as you try and complete the games on the pyramid you should be fine.

Edited by Triicky913