Online MP - help, tips?

spikyone

I've only recently started this game and I know the servers are closing, but wanted to have a play with online before then.

The problem I'm having is that either I'm really bad or everyone else is really good (guessing I'm the problem though!). At best I might get a couple of kills in a game, whilst getting killed 6 or 7 times - whether playing as an Elite or a Hero. Other players seem to attack without me even knowing they're there, and even if I'm standing face to face with another player shooting at their head I will always die first.

As a Hero I find the other players move too fast to catch and are always aware of where I am, so getting a win as a Hero is impossible (and I'm letting down the other Hero!)

So I need a little help and advice on what I might be doing wrong, and the best tactics for getting kills. Thanks in advance...

• Like 1

A long time since I played, but when playing as Batman or Robin look for guys who have strayed from a group, they have nobody to cover them which makes them an easy target.

When you play as a thug, stick with your team mates, if you or a team mate is attacked by either Batman or Robin, you can cover each-other and hopefully do some damage. Check above from time to time too, you might catch out a hero.

• Like 1

Noob! Boost like everybody else.

:lol:

Yeah, I've been doing that but occasionally dropped into quick matches.  Which just ended up being frustrating as I was getting my ass handed to me.  Seems like upgrades from the Penguin crates and natural weapon upgrades help a bit as an Elite, but I still suck as a Hero - I don't think I'm patient enough and just end up attacking as soon as I see an Elite.

Edited by spikyone

:lol:

Yeah, I've been doing that but occasionally dropped into quick matches.  Which just ended up being frustrating as I was getting my ass handed to me.  Seems like upgrades from the Penguin crates and natural weapon upgrades help a bit as an Elite, but I still suck as a Hero - I don't think I'm patient enough and just end up attacking as soon as I see an Elite.

I don't think you understand what game/trophy boosting is. 

Go find a session, sign up, and attend. 

Follow the hosts intrstructions and you will get trophies done, simple.

Ignore public matches entirely, there's no point. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

The OP said nothing about trophies, just about getting better at the game. Sometimes people just want to play multiplayer - for fun!

I only ever boosted the online portion of the game to get the trophies (near impossible legitimately) but by the sounds of what Slipknot wrote multiplayer is similar to predator encounters in Single Player, ie take out thugs who stray from the group, jumping into a crowd normally ends up in death so you have to play strategically.

Just as in Single Player this can be frustrating waiting for the right opportunity. I'd imagine the same can be said for thugs.

The OP said nothing about trophies, just about getting better at the game. Sometimes people just want to play multiplayer - for fun!I only ever boosted the online portion of the game to get the trophies (near impossible legitimately) but by the sounds of what Slipknot wrote multiplayer is similar to predator encounters in Single Player, ie take out thugs who stray from the group, jumping into a crowd normally ends up in death so you have to play strategically.Just as in Single Player this can be frustrating waiting for the right opportunity. I'd imagine the same can be said for thugs.

If you had all the time in the world maybe but the mp is ending Dec 4th. Join a session and get it done. No time to grind to get better and earn it legit.

Playing the online naturally is actually kind of fun and I did it between short boosting sessions.

As a thug you can hit L2 (I believe) to bring up an augmented vision mode like the heroes can. The gang version has a battery timer though, so you have to be sparing with it. So you might think you're hidden as a hero when they know you're there. If at any point it seems like a thug might be lining up a shot GTFO. Just keep moving and be patient. A couple deaths and there's no way you'll be able to win before one gang wipes the other.

I don't think you understand what game/trophy boosting is. 

Go find a session, sign up, and attend. 

Follow the hosts intrstructions and you will get trophies done, simple.

Ignore public matches entirely, there's no point. 

I don't think you read the bit where I said "Yeah I've been doing that..."   :)

I know the MP is ending, I had some time to try and experience the MP how it was meant to be played, and wanted some tips to improve (I mostly play racers so have never really learned the finer points of shooter/combat games).  I also thought it might sharpen my skills for the harder runs at single player, which I haven't touched.

"I used to play sports.  Then I realised you can buy trophies.  Now I'm good at everything" is not a mantra I live by.  If I get all the trophies, then great.  If not, I'm OK with that too.  But I know that improving my skills will give me way more satisfaction than doing the hokey cokey (hokey pokey for my US friends) for 15 minutes at a time just to get the trophies.  You put your right foot into the capture point...

• Like 1