Thoughts?

DrakeHellsing

What about killing non-combatants? Can you accidentally kill them? As I see there's a trophy for not killing any of them, tie that with Impossible and not sure how bad that could be.  And as you said, these rail driver enemies too x.x

Yeah, it's possible to kill non-combatants, and when they're scared they'll run around so you have to be careful as they can run in front of you

The trophy list doesn't look so bad except impossible mode which I never attempted before. The rail driver enemies I remember gave me some trouble. Great to see the game has a platinum and would look great in my collection.

Edited by J2V89

Yay look at all the emulations with platinums recently. I think Sony are finally getting the hint :D 30 bucks for a ps2 game is pretty steep though.

I think it's more to do with the fact the ones with a platinum recently all came from THQ Nordic. Seems it's them who see the value in a platinum perhaps. ;)

• Like 2

Here's hoping for Red Faction II to come and might as well wish for a HD remaster of Red Faction Guerrilla and Red Faction Armageddon (except minus the multiplayer trophies for RFG). If I didn't know any better, I would think THQ Nordic is testing the waters for PS4 Red Faction and Darksiders sequels.

• Like 1

Here's hoping for Red Faction II to come and might as well wish for a HD remaster of Red Faction Guerrilla and Red Faction Armageddon (except minus the multiplayer trophies for RFG). If I didn't know any better, I would think THQ Nordic is testing the waters for PS4 Red Faction and Darksiders sequels.

Red Faction II is already coming to PS4, along with the first two Destroy All Humans! games Nordic have also released. It could lead to new sequels no doubt but right now it's just because Nordic are on board with Sony's PS2 emulation.

• Like 1

Red Faction 2 has already been rated by PEGI some weeks ago for a PS4 release: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39948-ps2-on-ps4-games-list-and-news-thread/page-5#entry1153075 (don't worry, I'll try to make a separate thread for the next leak/rating :) )

I guess it might come out on either December or January.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I remember playing Red faction armageddon on the PS3, but i don't remember any Red Faction on the PS2. Lol. I will give this game a whirl. Any one know the release date? 

It plays completely different from armageddon, it's a first person shooter in the vein of games like Half-life, story heavy first person shooter with destruction physics

Deciding that for when I get this game, I'll go with two playthroughs.  First one on an easier mode, just to make sure I don't kill no non-combatants... that way, on Impossible mode, I can go to town and not worry about that trophy afterwards.

I know it's a bit of work, but hey, better safe than sorry xD

Doesn't say you can't use them in the platinum description (a lot of other PS2 emulations do say they block trophies) so could be good to go on cheats for this one. ;)

Yeah, like Destroy All Humans, how the first one told you that you can't use a cheat for a trophy, or the other one where you had to use a cheat for a trophy.  Or Fahrenheit, which outright states in the platinum, that you can't use cheats :D

As others stated before, Red Faction II has been rated by PEGI, so it should be available to purchase sometime in January or February. I also remember a statement made by THQ Nordic a long time ago just after they announced the Darksiders II: Deathinitve Edition, that they were going to use the profits from sales of that game to remaster Darksiders, and then use the profits from that game and any leftover money from Darksiders II to put towards the budget for Darksiders III, which would be out sometime in 2018 if everything went according to plan. So far we've got both remasters, and both have sold quite well I believe, so if what they said is true, then Darksiders III will be out sometime in 2018

I am curious now, on if the kills would be stackable between playthroughs too.  As in, you get 10 pistol kills, then the rest in a second playthrough.  I would imagine so, but I think other games don't allow such a thing.  Either way, I am going to get this game tonight for sure.

Kills are overall, not tied to a specific playthrough. I played a chunk of the game without realising how to save and died, then when I started again the first kill gave me the pistol trophy. Also, the difficulty trophies do not stack, so it's four playthroughs.