Is the Vita Worth It? Please leave advice

Alternatewarning

Right now I'm deciding if I want to ask for a 3DS or a vita for Christmas/Birthday or neither.  One of my biggest quails with the vita is the fact that it seems like a lot of the cool games haven't been localized in English and never will be.  So here's my question:

For someone who likes JRPGs and visual novels is the Vita worth it?

I"m the kind of person who plays a few games but likes to finish them completely, so are there enough games on the vita to make it worth the price?

EDIT: I guess I should comment that I only have very few PS3 games and mostly play PS2 and PC recently.  So I'm not sure if my profile is the best judge.

FINAL EDIT: Thanks everyone!

Edited by Alternatewarning

If you want to play J-Rpgs and visual Novels on Vita that's The best use you'll get out of it cause that's The main genres released to The system and wil continue to be release also alot of indies keep coming to the system so if you want to play those kind of games go for it.

Both 3DS and Vita have lots of JRPGs but Vita seems to get more visual novels. The downside for Vita is that quite a large amount of Vita games are ported to PC (Steam) these days. Maybe see what specific games you are interested in and what platform they are on and decide based on that?

I would say it's well worth it, even if you don't enjoy jRPGs or visual novels. There were literally dozens of amazing games released over the 5 years Vita exists - see here. You have to ask yourself if you want to spend $200 to play those games.

Edited by THEphasE89
  • Like 1

I'm pleased with both my 3DS and my VITA, but when I think about it I'm happy with every and each console I own because I love games in all shapes and sizes. So, in short, my opinion is totally irrelevant for this thread and I don't even know why I'm writing this. :huh:

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 2

The Vita is worth it, but so is the 3DS.  Since you spend a lot of time with the games you play but don't play a ton of different games, just look at the handful of titles you are most interested in on each system and make your decision from there.  This is all assuming that you have played Persona 4 of course, as if you haven't the decision is a no brainer.

For someone who likes JRPGs and visual novels is the Vita worth it?

I"m the kind of person who plays a few games but likes to finish them completely, so are there enough games on the vita to make it worth the price?

Yes. The vita is almost exclusively JRPG's and VN's. A little over 50 of the vita games on my profile are either VN's or RPG's and there's more that I don't own yet.

You're someone who likes JRPGs and visual novels is the Vita worth it?

I'd say yes. It's worth it. There are plenty of those types of game like that. Still, you should see what games interest you and then make your decision from there. But I would recommend getting it on sale price. I did. I got the Vita Borderlands 2 bundle for $150USD on Cyber Monday last year I think.