Would you recommend ME to play this game?

pokwey

I'm interested in buying this collection but here's the catch, I'm a SCAREDY CAT (or COWARD, PUSSY or whatever that suits the synonyms of a timid dude) when it comes to horror or creepy games. For some reason I'd managed to play and completed Dead Space 1 & 2 (even platted 'em both), is Amnesia scarier/ creepier than Dead Space or the opposite? Anyone here who's also a scaredy cat bought and survived

Amnesia? What would you rate Amnesia Scare-o-meter (1 meh - 10 frightening!)

The game is broken, trophies are glitched. The devs do not care, won't reply to tweets from fans asking about potential fixes ect. 

Until they do, I would say everybody should avoid giving those guys money as they do not deserve it. 

If you really want to play it, buy Amnesia 1 on the PC for cheap. 

Edited by AlphaTrash
  • Like 3

It was considered to be one of the scariest games at the time of its release, I'm a horror fan but I remember that I could only play it for 30 minutes and stop 'cause I was too scared of it. Maybe I can handle it better this time.

There are 3 games on this collection, apparently only the first one is considered to be the best and scarier, then there's its DLC Justine which is short and it was made to promote Portal 2 at the time and the second game Machine for Pigs wasn't as well received as the first game 'cause it was made by the same team who made Dear Esther and Everybody's... Rapture but it was still good apparently.

I think it is scarier than Dead Space since you can't defense yourself on this one, I recommend you to give it a try.

The game is broken, trophies are glitched. The devs do not care, won't reply to tweets from fans asking about potential fixes ect. 

Until they do, I would say everybody should avoid giving those guys money as they do not deserve it. 

If you really want to play it, but Amnesia 1 on the PC for cheap. 

They might release a patch for it in the future considering the PS4 port did really well on sales, so they must been working on it.

My PC can't even handle the game properly even if its old so I'll buy the PS4 version instead.

Also only the Notes trophy seems to be glitched for now, but the game itself is not from what I saw on some videos.

Edited by Finozzi1696

As if that matters at all. TxK and Luftrausers both did highly above expectations and never got patched to fix their trophy glitches.

That's just what I think, in my opinion sales does matter for a dev to consider to invest some money and patch their game. I don't know those games and I don't know why the devs didn't patched them either, it might also depend on other factors/reasons.

Edited by Finozzi1696

If you really want to play it, buy Amnesia 1 on the PC for cheap.

Figures no one plat the game yet.

It was considered to be one of the scariest games at the time of its release, I'm a horror fan but I remember that I could only play it for 30 minutes and stop 'cause I was too scared of it. Maybe I can handle it better this time.

There are 3 games on this collection, apparently only the first one is considered to be the best and scarier, then there's its DLC Justine which is short and it was made to promote Portal 2 at the time and the second game Machine for Pigs wasn't as well received as the first game 'cause it was made by the same team who made Dear Esther and Everybody's... Rapture but it was still good apparently.

I think it is scarier than Dead Space since you can't defense yourself on this one, I recommend you to give it a try.

They might release a patch for it in the future considering the PS4 port did really well on sales, so they must been working on it.

My PC can't even handle the game properly even if its old so I'll buy the PS4 version instead.

Also only the Notes trophy seems to be glitched for now, but the game itself is not from what I saw on some videos.

Tempting. Im goin to buy Destroy all humans 2 first than I might consider buying Amnesia.

They never release any patch for the game from day one?

Edited by MSIA_pokwee

• 10 months later...
On 11/28/2016 at 6:36 PM, MSIA_pokwee said:

I'm interested in buying this collection but here's the catch, I'm a SCAREDY CAT (or COWARD, PUSSY or whatever that suits the synonyms of a timid dude) when it comes to horror or creepy games. For some reason I'd managed to play and completed Dead Space 1 & 2 (even platted 'em both), is Amnesia scarier/ creepier than Dead Space or the opposite? Anyone here who's also a scaredy cat bought and survived

Amnesia? What would you rate Amnesia Scare-o-meter (1 meh - 10 frightening!)

Kinda late to this party, but I'd give it a 5.  Until Dawn will definitely make you jump.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I got the plat without any problems, no glitches, no bugs. It was a really fun game but I don’t recommend it for people who have heart problems and get scared easily. This game will definitely make you jump a few times or get your adrenaline up.

On 16-4-2020 at 3:15 PM, bboysunny93 said:

this game is pure trash...please DO NOT try this and ruin your mood.
the game is highly glitchy and high probablity of missing out a collectible

If it was highly glitchy then why did I not have any issues at all? Also there are collectible guides.

Finished the main game and DLC without having any glitches or issues. For the collectibles just use the guide. The game is not that long and the hardest part was a DLC difficulty. 
This game is not for everybody and if you don’t enjoy it, don’t call it trash. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

I got the plat without any problems, no glitches, no bugs. It was a really fun game but I don’t recommend it for people who have heart problems and get scared easily. This game will definitely make you jump a few times or get your adrenaline up.

If it was highly glitchy then why did I not have any issues at all? Also there are collectible guides.

just because YOU didn't face any issues....does NOT mean the game cant bug for someone else
this game was utter pile of trash and should not be tried

4 hours ago, bboysunny93 said:

just because YOU didn't face any issues....does NOT mean the game cant bug for someone else
this game was utter pile of trash and should not be tried

“Highly glitchy”, its glitchy, not highly glitchy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
7 minutes ago, kingjavs said:

Skip this and play the amazing Soma instead!

Soma is an entirely different experience. I§d agree that it's much better story wise, but horror-wise, maybe even gameplay wise Amnesia seems better to me. Altough it has been a while since I finished the 1st game, so I'm just going off of memory here.