what's the longest you stayed up to get a Platinum?

snakebit10

Longest you have stayed up to get a platinum?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. What is the longest you have stayed up to get a platinum?

Glad to see I'm not the only who has been consistently killing brain cells over the years.

I've had Many plats in the AM Range. Done it way too many times. Even the number of trophies earned in each hour makes me feel legitimately bad for my sleep.:facepalm:

i was looking up my lists, the longest trophy that i have been working through the night was zombie driver HD.... 3:17am

some fun memories, took nearly a year to finish the game. got burned out until i managed to do the arena with 150k points. rest of the trophy's came naturally without much effort.

Latest platinum ever for me was the one for Tales Of The Borderlands. Was almost 3AM when I got it. I only started around 1AM though when I had downloaded the final episode.

A better example would be Grim Fandango, with the platinum earned at 2:30AM, spent most of the day before playing it as well.

Almost all of mine have came between 8pm - 11pm. Tales from the Borderlands is the latest at 1.04am. Generally I don't play beyond 11pm because I'm up early most mornings and I start rushing games when I'm tired, but Tales from the Borderlands doesn't exactly require concentration :P 

• 6 years later...

In this stage of my life I have many trophies in the 2am-4am range. I'll change that soon and, planning to move to a different time zone, the hourly feature of the stats won't make a lot of sense to me.

I have to admit that it isn't the healthiest habit but I love being a night owl, I would be doing other things at night if it weren't for games nowadays.

I don't know about a Platinum, but I know one of my longest gaming sessions in recent memory was 16 continuous hours playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey back when it was new, only taking breaks for food and the bathroom. But I pretty much started as soon as I woke up, and played until I went to bed. 

I'm a night owl though, so I have plenty of trophies achieved in the wee hours of the night...but I never stayed up late just to get a Plat as far as I can remember.  

I have no recollection of obtaining a platinum past midnight. I do however remember obtaining one measly trophy while playing til 4AM lol (The Division, GTAV and more recently BO4).

Edited by Mina

I used to be able to stay up long past midnight but now that I'm old and decrepit and have a nightly routine I have a real hard time staying awake past 1 am. I think the latest I ever stayed up was back in the PS3 days, maybe like 3 am once or twice, which is nothing compared to my old pokemon days where I would constantly stay up til 5 playing and get up at 7 for school. 

Edited by Vulpine9Tails

participated in boosting session until 6AM

mostly cus it was so hard to get together, since lobby needed 16 ppl and that was awfully curated session tbh. cus someday i was already in 16 ppl session earlier, and it went flawless

but still, this is definetly last time when im boosting something with more than 4 ppl...

Edited by Voland44

• 2 weeks later...