The Story (Disappointing or what?)

Alvaro-M27

On 12/12/2016 at 5:35 PM, NEV said:

Wait, what? What do you mean by disappointed? It doesn't seems disappointing at all. The story won't tell you what the heck's going on or why Niflheim are the bad guys, even Noctis and Luna doesn't even know what's going on, either. Just wait for the new content, and you'll see.

Hmm i had the impression Luna knew early on. All along. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DEMON said:

A friend of mines has been translating the Ultimania and they found something interesting out..

Reveal hidden contents

The dead bodies at the end were not illusions.. they were actually real (Ardyn has some strange power that allows him to preserve dead bodies).. and Ardyn played with them to past the time.. Ardyn you are one sick mf (still my favorite though.. I like the sick characters). Oh and he essentially just walked into the Empire and got to be Chancellor right away because apparently Iedolas is an idiot and can't run an empire.. so it was nothing to do with the fact that he strengthened the Magitek army.

Another thing about Ardyn, this wasn't in the Ultimania or so far, hasn't been translated, but a leak, his final form was going to be an extremely long fight where each section you had to use a Royal Arm in, he was essentially going to look like Neo Exdeath.. with different forms each phrase.. *sigh* what could have been.. (hopes it gets released as DLC).

Other than that though, the pages they have got from people don't really explain too much that we don't know about story except that Prompto was actually adopted by Verstael when he was 1 years old and he's from Lucis.. so the Collector's Guide got that wrong.

Keep the info coming! I hate that lately with the FFs we have to rely on the Ultimania books(which aren't even released in English!! :grrr:  ) for such information. 

1 hour ago, DEMON said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's not much of an argument considering Sephiroth got killed off by a failed clone.. twice. :P

Spoiler

Cloud is my favorite character so for me nothing matters. What is not lacking in the final fantasy saga are mens eheheheheh :D

Edited by Rose_Dark

Love the game, but very dissapointed with the story/ending, I was thinking we get to fight the demon tht destroyed Lucis (the one from kingsglaive movie) but no, we have to fight an summon for no real reason, fine, i'll take tht, coz it was a good fight. then....we got to the final boss.....i cant not remember any other final boss in FF series went down without changing forms...at the end i was like....wtf thts it!!!??? did i forgot to do something to get a real boss battle?? i dunno~~but i dont wanna find out =_=

the ending doesnt make sense to me, and i cant be bothered to look up explanation videos to understand the ending coz im tht dissapointed.....

idk if tht's Square-Enix's way to squeeze out more games out of FFXV like they did with FFXIII, I'll keep playing FF no matter what, I'll be playing it even when Im 80yrs old, but FF is starting to lose a special place for me as a gamer whos 1st FF game was FF6 on SNES days.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The begining of the story wasn't that great, but once it got to chapter 7 that's when things really took off. The last couple of chapters were very very VERY sad. The ending was great if you paid even the tiniest bit of attention to the story.

Edited by Kubanga

On 12/28/2016 at 10:02 PM, DEMON said:

A friend of mines has been translating the Ultimania and they found something interesting out..

Hide contents

The dead bodies at the end were not illusions.. they were actually real (Ardyn has some strange power that allows him to preserve dead bodies).. and Ardyn played with them to past the time.. Ardyn you are one sick mf (still my favorite though.. I like the sick characters).

Interesting. I've been wondering about this myself so I jumped onto some Japanese forums (didn't really want to buy the book). Luckily enough, someone uploaded photos of the section of the interview where Tabata was asked about the "dolls hanging from the ceiling." And to be honest, he doesn't say anything about them being real people. He gave a very nondescript answer along the lines of "As an individual who is attracted to the realm of the bizarre, Ardyn chose to defile the throne room to pass the time during his 10 year wait for Noctis." The playing part is not to be understood literally, it simply means that he was having fun preparing this "welcome home present." So even the Ultimania does a poor job at filling in the blanks (in some cases). Basically, you can believe whatever you want. They might be the actual bodies, but knowing how Ardyn likes to play with people's minds, I'd say it was an illusion.

3 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Interesting. I've been wondering about this myself so I jumped onto some Japanese forums (didn't really want to buy the book). Luckily enough, someone uploaded photos of the section of the interview where Tabata was asked about the "dolls hanging from the ceiling." And to be honest, he doesn't say anything about them being real people. He gave a very nondescript answer along the lines of "As an individual who is attracted to the realm of the bizarre, Ardyn chose to defile the throne room to pass the time during his 10 year wait for Noctis." The playing part is not to be understood literally, it simply means that he was having fun preparing this "welcome home present." So even the Ultimania does a poor job at filling in the blanks (in some cases). Basically, you can believe whatever you want. They might be the actual bodies, but knowing how Ardyn likes to play with people's minds, I'd say it was an illusion.

Someone translated that they were real, I take their word for it as they are good at translating, there's also some proof, they couldn't find Luna's body at all. Someone brought that up recently and it is a good point.

Also looked at your image. This person translated a different page that went over this information.

Edited by DEMON

This game needed another 2-3 years. Disappointed with the Nox Fleuret siblings. I liked the ending, it was really good, but the sacrifice could have been reasoned more gracefully rather than drama ex machina.

Edited by Eraezr

On 06/12/2016 at 10:55 AM, ShadowStefan said:

I loved the story. Without going into spoilers here, I think it makes a story of a game/ movie/ book especially great if NOT everything is directly explained to you. You have to read between the lines, think about what happened, make your own clues and find some secret stuff to add onto the lore. And if it is designed well, everything will make sense in the end - and that is completely true for FFXV.

However, there are some things here and there that aren't explained too well too, but I didn't think these are destroying the whole story at all.

I also like reading between the lines and stopping to think about the story and stuff. I earnestly mean that. Problem was, the pre-marketing trailers made people overestimate characters like Lunafreya, Iedolas, Ravus, etc then you had characters like Loqi coming out of nowhere in the end when it felt like he was supposed to be major. There was also Cor who just got sidelined anyhow.

5 hours ago, DEMON said:

Someone translated that they were real, I take their word for it as they are good at translating, there's also some proof, they couldn't find Luna's body at all. Someone brought that up recently and it is a good point.

Also looked at your image. This person translated a different page that went over this information.

Well, I've asked a bunch of people who own the book and they confirmed that this interview is the only time this is brought up. So who knows, as I said I don't own the book myself, so I can't check. Either way the interview refers to them as "dolls" without any further specification. The consensus among Japanese fans seems to be that Ardyn simply made them (physically) during those 10 years to have some fun.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me who thought the story boss fights were a bit underwhelming? The Leviathan fight looked so much better in the 2013 trailer, but it seems they've downgraded it since then. And there are too many "press circle" quick-time events for my liking. Overall, I thought the story paled in comparison to FFXIII and X's - my two favourite FF games.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The story clearly isn' the best feature of this game and i agree that the majority of characters' background story is poorly developed, some also make few appearances (see Ravus or Iedolas that definitely deserved a major role as leader of the main enemy faction). Jesus, even Versus XIII in its few trailers has more story and character development than FFXV lol. Also, i don't know how is this possible but once reached the end of Altissia chapter you're immediately thrown to the end of the game, every chapter after Altissia is so damn short... in comparison FFVIII (or IX) first disc is longer than the whole FFXV story. lol

And yes, Nifelheim also needed better development and the possibility to explore it, especially the capital Gralea (which looks beautiful), ok if not Zegnautus (like Draklor Lab of FFXII) but the city...

PS: Archades in FFXII is beautiful and explorable so why not Gralea? 

Tbh i always wanted to see Stella and Noctis fight each other, perhaps in a game where you were able to choose to play with Stella or Noctis and enjoy the story from their  respective point of view. That would be really great (at least for me).

Anyway, glad i've finished this short lame story so i can enjoy the game's real best features: soundrack, graphics, landscapes, exploration and gameplay.

Edited by DeathNyx