PS Plus: Free Games for December 2016

Aranea Highwind

Don’t have any of the 6 games. Fantastic month, IMO

Invisible Inc, simply because it is Klei Entertainment. I have heard good things about it…and i do like stealth gameplay.

Stories….easy platinum and looks fun.

Hyper Void…won’t play it.

Tiny Troopers..maybe if an easy 100 percent.

VVVVVV….hard….have seen it around 6 years ago.

Color Guardians….3-4 times I was tempted in getting this….and backed away. Make my month for me.

• Like 1

I was interested in both Invisible and Stories when they were on sale (which was not very long ago). I have no idea what the cross buys are, or what Hyper Void is. 

Somewhat lackluster, I would say, but unsurprising, given that this is the Christmas season, and Sony wants people buying, not playing for free. Still, the titles above aren't total losses to me.

Looks good to me. I have heard good things about Invisible Inc, and the aesthetic and narrative structure of Stories appeals to me. Both reviewed reasonably well, so that's a plus.

I've looked at Color Guardians a couple of times with a view to maybe trying to plat it, so no objections there either. 

Doubt I'll bother with the other 3.

These are the months I like from PS+. Throw me a few curve-balls, get me playing something I wouldn't usually buy outright, expand my gaming experiences. Just what the service should be, IMO. No point in giving you the AAA games you would have bought anyway. 

I agree, although I do see how others might not be interested. I play so many games, though, that I'm always pleased to see something different.

• Like 2

THANK YOU!!!

On my phone now, so damn glad that someone posted these links.

I know nothing about these games. Seeing the background images (and having seen a wee bit of gameplay of the first two thanks to the rumour that these would go on PS+), I'll give all of them a chance, except perhaps for Tiny Troopers.

Nice month.

Already have Stories, I've been wanting to get Invisible Inc so that's a good deal. Color Guardians looks interesting. I might check out Hyper Void. I sadly don't own a Vita for VVVVVV and Tiny Troopers looked interesting but has 2 DLC trophies and that's the only thing bothering me. 100% games you get with PS Plus that cost me extra to 100% (who am I kidding, I'm probably going to play it anyway).

What an abysmal lineup, especially for the holiday season where people will be getting new consoles and then will consider getting PS+ or not.

That price increase really helped us, guys!!

Did Sony ever say that the price increase for PS+ was for PS+ game selection? If not, then I'm not sure why that point keeps getting brought up. There is much more to the PlayStation Network than the monthly game selection and there are a multitude of other reasons for Sony to increase the price. 

Parker

• Like 1

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvwhy so boring?

Like okay, cool, I once wanted to buy Color Guardians since it was cheap as hell and now I get it for free but the month is INCREDIBLY bad.

Not in terms of games, average is better than completely bad (I'm not even expecting anything for Vita), but because of timing. December/January should be months where Sony shows off.

Guess not this time.

So, unless Sony secretly knows everyone will be playing FFXV, there is no excuse for this weak lineup.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Did Sony ever say that the price increase for PS+ was for PS+ game selection? If not, then I'm not sure why that point keeps getting brought up. There is much more to the PlayStation Network than the monthly game selection and there are a multitude of other reasons for Sony to increase the price. 

Parker

It gets brought up because everyone knows when they're at work and get an annual raise, they have to put in that much more work. After 10 years, they're doing like 75% more work as when they started so they expect the same from a price increase of a service that hasn't increased prices in 6 years. Even though, as pointed out earlier in other threads, in 2010, they gave out PS1 games and PS minis. 

Apart from Invicible inc and Tiny Troopers, I haven't heard any of these games before. 

Going to add all games to library, but bit on fence if I will play VVVVVV and Hyper Void.

I would liked if Invisible inc was on Vita too as I prefer Vita for turn based games. 

Stories: Path of Destinies seems excellent bitesize arpg if it lasts for 60min for one playthrough.

Tiny Trooper will get playtime once I manage to read through Code:Realize. Twin stick shooters arent best suited for Vita, but I 

VVVVVV might get playtime if between games, but Tiny Trooper gets priority. No death run looks bad, anyone know if it's savescummable?

Color Guardian looks nice, would prefer on Vita but I read that it's not optiized for Vita and is easier on PS4.

Hyper Void is least interesting, looks hard and from 600+ owners only 7 have 100%

Parker

Not to mention the multitude of reasons to be disgruntled by Sony, PS"+" and their lacking customer service.

Plus it's not relevant what Sony "said" it was for, but how customers perceive their business methods.

And thanks for the completely uncalled-for deletion of my comment btw.

Not to mention the multitude of reasons to be disgruntled by Sony, PS"+" and their lacking customer service.

Plus it's not relevant what Sony "said" it was for, but how customers perceive their business methods.

And thanks for the completely uncalled-for deletion of my comment btw.

What Sony said is completely relevant. If they said the increase was to improve the PS+ game selection and they give us a month like this, it would be a valid complaint. If they didn't say it was for the game selection, there is no point in bringing the price increase up as an argument. In my opinion, of course. 

Your comment was deleted because it was spam, if you'd like to discuss it further feel free to send me a PM. 

Parker

• Like 2

I'll probably just download Invisible Inc., as it looks interesting enough. Already bought and finished Stories, was kinda meh. On the fence about Color Guardians though... the rest I don't care for.

You're the first one I hear who didn't like Stories (okay, first person I actually know so I value your opinion more), can you elaborate? Haven't played it myself.

Edited by BillyHorrible

What Sony said is completely relevant. If they said the increase was to improve the PS+ game selection and they give us a month like this, it would be a valid complaint. If they didn't say it was for the game selection, there is no point in bringing the price increase up as an argument. In my opinion, of course. 

[...]

Parker

Ah, then you must be talking about this:

"The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members."

Continuing providing exceptional value. I see your point. They never said they'd improve it, they'd rather keep the high standards they established. Thanks for clarifying.

Which is also a lie btw, take a look at the actual exceptional value they used to provide, if you need a reminder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

And further:

"As a member, you will continue to enjoy the benefits and features that enable shared experiences, such as online multiplayer, free games, and exclusive discounts."

Sauce: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-august-2016/

So we can be happy to pay a fee for the stable PSN servers (poor PC gamers), being able to play every PS game online that we want to play, achieving every online trophy we want to achieve, getting free games that are ours to keep and so on.

Thanks again, but I'm more the red pill type.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 2

Well personally Despite all the Comments complaining i saw around the net i'm quite happy with it, it's not an amazing Month but at leats a good one with 3-4 games i will play!

I will play For sure Stories (Never heard before but i really liked it by the trailer!) and Color since it looks a siuper easy platinum Pac-Man list style xD

For the others i'll see VVVVVV On Vita well if only it isn't so goddamn hard to do there is literally only 1 person that had the 100% O.o

Hyper Void i don't know i'll check some guides and videos because ven this one looks so hard!

Tiny Troopers if only it isn't for the stupid DLC with 2 trophies it would be an easy 100%....

While Invisible well i'll see i don't really udnerstand if the game itself is so hard or it's hard because a propper guide it's still missing :P

So Yeah personally a Quite good month even if i expect more in Januray especially on Vita!

But anyway i'll pass December playing old stuff and OW so at leats 2 Not long games here to do and add the list for sure xD