PS Plus: Free Games for December 2016

Aranea Highwind

You're the first one I hear who didn't like Stories (okay, first person I actually know so I value your opinion more), can you elaborate? Haven't played it myself.

I think in the other "rumour" thread about the ps+ PS4 games, it seems to be a fairly common opinion as well to be fair. It's fun, if you just do a couple of playthroughs casually.

Going for the plat is another thing though. It's necessary to complete it 25 times, with minor alterations to the actual story, which makes the game dull in the long run. It's literally going through the motions at that point. There are also a few technical issues, like environments not rendering or character not being able to move, or even falling through the floor.

Some trophy requirements make the upgrade system mute (like doing x number of combos, which makes it counter-productive to upgrade damage for example, as killing enemies too fast will break the necessary combo eventually)..

The game's concept is interesting, but ends up suffering from not being executed well. It would've been a good game, if they hadn't tried to draw it out artificially.

Don’t have any of the 6 games. Fantastic month, IMO

Invisible Inc, simply because it is Klei Entertainment. I have heard good things about it…and i do like stealth gameplay.

Stories….easy platinum and looks fun.

Hyper Void…won’t play it.

Tiny Troopers..maybe if an easy 100 percent.

VVVVVV….hard….have seen it around 6 years ago.

Color Guardians….3-4 times I was tempted in getting this….and backed away. Make my month for me.

I've heard Colour Guardians is hard not sure though this was back about a year ago now though i believe.

Ah, then you must be talking about this:

"The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members."

Continuing providing exceptional value. I see your point. They never said they'd improve it, they'd rather keep the high standards they established. Thanks for clarifying.

Which is also a lie btw, take a look at the actual exceptional value they used to provide, if you need a reminder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

And further:

"As a member, you will continue to enjoy the benefits and features that enable shared experiences, such as online multiplayer, free games, and exclusive discounts."

Sauce: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-august-2016/

So we can be happy to pay a fee for the stable PSN servers (poor PC gamers), being able to play every PS game online that we want to play, achieving every online trophy we want to achieve, getting free games that are ours to keep and so on.

Thanks again, but I'm more the red pill type.

Thank you for the links. 

I still don't personally think the argument has merit but I can see where the people who make that argument are coming from now. 

Parker

• Like 1

This line up.... Ok. I enjoyed Transistor a good bit when I got into it, but I don't really want to play another (very) similar game to it. Stories may be the only thing I play (iirc however... as usual... the game has some tedious requirement for trophies?).

P.S. Got to LOVE annoyingly looking up videos of the other games to see what they're like, because it makes so much sense for them not to be shown in the official IGC Trailers :]

Kind of impressed there hasn't been widespread protests & death threats to Sony so far, but ahhhh the thread is young. Only one mention of the Xbox lineup being SOOOOOOOO much better too. What a time to be alive.

I like the lineup, bring on another the same next month. A good list of things I'd probably never buy myself, just like real Christmas gifts. Looking forward to trying them all out.

• Like 3

Kind of impressed there hasn't been widespread protests & death threats to Sony so far, but ahhhh the thread is young. Only one mention of the Xbox lineup being SOOOOOOOO much better too. What a time to be alive.

Literally every game in XBox's December lineup have been part of the PS Plus IGC before. Sleeping Dogs, Outlast, Outland, and Burnout Paradise were all part during the linked dates. The only difference is that the current XBox lineup is offering the definitive edition of Sleeping Dogs instead of the standard edition that was given in the IGC.

They might be slightly better games, but Sony's already given them away.

• Like 3

Invisible Inc, simply because it is Klei Entertainment. I have heard good things about it…and i do like stealth gameplay.

I didn't realize that Invisible Inc was Klei Entertainment, will definitely be adding this one to my download list (and may even prioritize it as something I play sooner rather than later) :D

Also, will definitely be picking up Stories and Color Guardians, both have been on my radar for a while.