PS Plus: Free Games for December 2016

Aranea Highwind

They way I look at it is if I pay 60 bucks a year and out of the 12 months I get my 60 bucks worth in a few months for free games so anything else is a bonus.Your not gonna get a blockbuster game every month for free.

It astounds me that more people can't look at it like this.

Think of it like this, I have some solid 2016 AAA titles like Dark Souls III and Doom still sealed. I'll probably end up playing two of the freebies on this list before I crack open their seal.

Then again, I'm not hurting for games that I could be playing. That's probably why I don't give a shit about what's offered, for better or for worse. If it's a poor month, then I'll play something in my massive backlog.

*Show's proof that alot of people can't comprehend anything outside their questionable-quality "AAA" bubbles of naive stupidity*

not again.... not again... waiting for holiday sales.

That's the Internet for you, not understanding why they don't get the latest so-called "AAA" on the service when they only pay less that $6 per month...

That's the Internet for you, not understanding why they don't get the latest so-called "AAA" on the service when they only pay less that $6 per month...

Nevermind the fact that through PS+ sales, there is always some AAA title on sale for $10 or less each and every month....

Buy what you want if the free offerings upset you so much.

Just kidding, that requires money. Heaven forbid.

Nevermind the fact that through PS+ sales, there is always some AAA title on sale for $10 or less each and every month....

Buy what you want if the free offerings upset you so much.

Just kidding, that requires money. Heaven forbid.

There like "derpderp Sony sucks since there not giving away Final Fantasy XV this month! derpderp"

They don't understand what it takes for Sony to get some big "AAA" title on the service, like negotiating with the publishers and having to possibly pay a pretty penny on top of all of it and more.

Those people want a brand new $60+ game for $5 and throw fits like overgrown babies when Sony doesn't deliver on their horribly overblown expectations for the service.

They make gamers look like greedy assholes.

Doubtful that I'm even gonna add any of these games to my download list since nothing from this lineup even slightly interests me. It's okay though since I personally feel like I've already gotten my money's worth throughout this year AND I'm already getting 2 or 3 games for Christmas anyway.

I could care less about AAA, don't put me in the same bag as everyone else.

What I ask is "good" games. And it seems that almost 90% of the people over there thinks that the games shown are not "good" games.

Yeah, that's all those Sony reps laughing because Youtube downvotes really don't fucking matter. Most of the customers will keep their PS+ sub active anyway.

You work at Sony? No? then I don't care.

• Like 2

There like "derpderp Sony sucks since there not giving away Final Fantasy XV this month! derpderp"

They don't understand what it takes for Sony to get some big "AAA" title on the service, like negotiating with the publishers and having to possibly pay a pretty penny on top of all of it and more.

Those people want a brand new $60+ game for $5 and throw fits like overgrown babies when Sony doesn't deliver on their horribly overblown expectations for the service.

They make gamers look like greedy assholes.

Not to mention, when a AAA game DOES appear for free, it's value is pretty much shot down the shitter immediately. Why? Since it was free digitally for a month, I EXPECT it to be $5 from here on out!

There are so many entitled people out there, it's absolutely sick. If you actually worked and did your job as well as you bitch online, you would be able to afford as many day 1 pieces of shit, sorry, AAA titles as you see fit. But no, continue to bitch about PS+ like it's the worst thing in your life. First world problems much.

You work at Sony? No? then I don't care.

And the PS+ team is like:

"What, you don't buy these AAA titles but expect them for free on our inexpensive yearly subscription? No? Then we don't care either.

Edited by Valyrious

And the PS+ team is like:

"What, you don't buy these AAA titles but expect them for free on our inexpensive yearly subscription? No? Then we don't care either.

I could care less about AAA, don't put me in the same bag as everyone else.

Man, reading comprehension is so amazing.

• Like 1

Most of the customers will keep their PS+ sub active anyway.

Yeah because it is mandatory to pay for it if you want to play Online Multiplayer on PlayStation 4. If we were able to play Online without PlayStation Plus, I would drop it in a heartbeat since I never cared about the games being given out: Indie or Triple A.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 3

Yeah because it is mandatory to pay for it if you want to play Online Multiplayer on PlayStation 4. If we were able to play Online without PlayStation Plus, I would drop it in a heartbeat since I never cared about the games being given out: Indie or Triple A.

Not everybody is in it for the multiplayer. People who are in it for multiplayer are more vocal online because it was free on PS3.

I almost never play online, not unless I'm forced to. I purely have PS+ for the IGC, and to a much lesser extent for the extra sales (which is just a bonus on top of the IGC in my eyes). Luckily, unlike on X360 you don't need to pay extra on PlayStation to be able to use Netflix so I don't need it for that either.

And yeah I think I am getting my money's worth out of the IGC, in two and a half years there has been just a single month where I did not get my money's worth (and in that month, I still got a game I wanted, it just turned out to be disappointing).

What an abysmal lineup, especially for the holiday season where people will be getting new consoles and then will consider getting PS+ or not.

That price increase really helped us, guys!!

The worst part about it is now it is the same price as Games With Gold but they get to keep their games even if their subscription expires. They have had a lot of the same games PS+ has had so I don't understand why Sony can't do the same thing.

They way I look at it is if I pay 60 bucks a year and out of the 12 months I get my 60 bucks worth in a few months for free games so anything else is a bonus.Your not gonna get a blockbuster game every month for free.

The problem is that most games in psplus isn't even indie which just came, you could get most of this year's titles before they came to IGC with discount...

I stopped paying for psplus too, I rarely play online so I get my friend's account activation when we want to play something.

The worst part about it is now it is the same price as Games With Gold but they get to keep their games even if their subscription expires. They have had a lot of the same games PS+ has had so I don't understand why Sony can't do the same thing.

But only the 360-games. The ones for the One act the same way as they do for PS+. As soon as you Gold-membership expires, you aren't able to play the games anymore.

But only the 360-games. The ones for the One act the same way as they do for PS+. As soon as you Gold-membership expires, you aren't able to play the games anymore.

Ah I see, but regardless that is a benefit of GWG over PS+ even though they are the same price.

Ah I see, but regardless that is a benefit of GWG over PS+ even though they are the same price.

Yep, that's a benefit for those games. Another plus is that nearly all of the 360-games that were part of the IGC since the One introduced backwards compatibility are also playable on the One. Would be nice if Sony would allow this in a similar way like giving PS+-members free access to the PS-Now version of the game (if it's available there) when they activated the game in the IGC.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

This line up.... Ok. I enjoyed Transistor a good bit when I got into it, but I don't really want to play another (very) similar game to it. 

Which is the similar game to Transistor? Not Invisible Inc. surely? They're both isometric camera games, sure, but Invisible Inc is turn based and focused on stealth. In Transistor, queuing up attacks was an option, but not a requirement and there were plenty of viable builds that didn't use it. There were also none of the roguelike elements (e.g. permanent character death) which I gather are in Invisible Inc. Having played Transistor and (so far) only read/heard about Invisible Inc. the two games strike me as being very different in their mechanics. 

Or are you on about Stories

With Xbox GwG you get:

• XB360 games that are compatible with XB1
  • The XB360 games are free, even after your sub expires
  • Most of the 360 games have been optimized to play flawlessly on the XB1

Don't talk about something if you don't have or know much about it. PS+ isn't bad, but comparing it to something like GwG is pointless now. Also why are some of you talking about the old days? We are talking about now, not 2011. You saying to me that some of the GwG games have been on PS+ before is redundant to me, especially when the PS3 version of some games didn't even run half as good as the XB360, how do you think they stack up against the XB1 version? 

• Like 1