How long have you been a ps3 owner?

Kirbz

June 2011. Had a slim for a long time until the disk drive broke, which, (in)conveniently, happened the day after GTA V came out. Bummer. I ended up buying the super slim. The one with the really cheap plastic sliding door on it that feels like it'll snap if you poke it.

Got mine with GTA IV when it launched. April 2008

Same here. I'm on my third now, swapped my first 40gb for a 120gb slim (long story), then i bought a superslim 500gb the day after the ps4 came out. (Lots of very cheap deals, i only paid £120 for it).

How long have I had a PlayStation 3? I have to think on this one, but I believe it was only a few months after they first launched. I mostly played my PlayStation 2 games on it until I got Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Amusingly enough, I have never actually had a P.S.3 die on me; I keep having to get a new one for various different reasons, but my old one was still working when I did. The one I use now has been in my possession for a little over a two years now, though.

somewhere early in 2010 as my first ps3 phat 40GB came with a SIXAXIS controller, never enjoy playing on it as it had an issues of freezing during playing a game, my brother at the time only manage to beat Killzone 2 before it started to freeze over and over.

then i send it to a local Sony center with the warranty, they gave me a brand new one also a 40GB with a message telling me that they were so sorry about my first ps3 that it's normally came with a technical issues out of the factory, the new ps3 they gave me run perfect as the only problem i had with it is the loud cooler FAN sound, especially in summer times.

i bought a slim 160GB ps3 ( which what i'm currently using ) and sold the my phat noisy ps3, even though i explain to the person about the overheat problem but he still took it, guess he want a cheep ps3 one way or another.

i never encounter anything about those YLOD as the people call it, even my first phat ps3 never had those and the light never plepped like everyone mentioned.

Just a little over a year. I bought PS3 from my sister because she wasn't playing anymore and I knew that The Last Of Us was coming, so I would've buy it anyway. Before that I played nearly all my games on X360. I also own Wii, but Donkey Kong Country Returns and Resident Evil 4 are only games I played on that. PS3 was my best purchase ever.