Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kirbz

How long have you been a ps3 owner?

462 posts in this topic

I got my PS3 as a birthday gift for my 16th birthday. I still have the very same one. It's one of the first models,the bulkier one. But it still seems to work just fine,much to my surprise.

Day 1 - November 17, 2006

60GB launch model still works perfectly! But since the HD is rather small, I rarely use it anymore. I have a 160GB fatty and a 250GB slim that do most of the leg work now.

I know a lot of people stay away from day 1 purchases, especially for consoles. But my 2 PS2s, PSP, PS3, Vita & PS4 are all launch models and all still work flawlessly. Say what you will about bugs etc., but the hardware at launch is always top-notch. Even my PS1 (not a launch model but still first-gen) works like a charm! :D

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some wood to knock on! :P (interpret that whichever way you'd like)

I gotten my PS3 since June 2009, the first few games I got along with it are Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and Resistance: Fall of Man. It was an 80GB model so there goes playing PS2 games on the system. :S

However, playing the only three games I had offered me some of the best memories I had when it comes to games for quite a while. Ratchet and Clank was still Ratchet and Clank as I remember it, Resistance: Fall of Man had a very fun single-player campaign that I beaten 5 times during the summer, and Call of Duty 4 gave me a multiplayer experience that has yet to be surpassed for me. All three games convinced me to keep my PS3 and look forward to future games, with great examples such as the Uncharted series, Killzone 2, Batman Akrham series, Infamous, and so many other exclusives that I still have yet to touch to this day! :D

I'm looking forward to get a PS4 soon and continue my gaming journey with Bloodbourne, Uncharted 4, Horizon. The Last Guardian, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son, and more! :lol:

I got mine like a week ago. lol 

I'm on my 3rd ps3 system, but I got my 1st on Christmas 2006.  

Since 2007, desu!

But i've been using 360 for the multiplatforms and PS3 for the exclusives.

Edited by G3n3raL986

Had my first PS3 since 25/12/2010 but then switched to Xbox in 2012. Got my PS3 back again in 2013 but didn't make a PSN account until 21/06/2015. Can't remember reason why.

I can't remember the year, lije 7 yo 9 years. Pretty mich got my PS3 after Fallout 3 launch.

i was a ps3 owner since 2007 over the summer n had two ps3 systems that broke on me over the years

I still have the 80GB Fat PS3 from 2009.

I bought my ps3 in June 2011, slim version 250GB. 4 awesome years with it :D

Since like September 2013.
Then I got a 500gig hard drive.

I bought mine in early 2007. Release date in NZ, I think.

A day of July 2012

The first seven months I play pure demos jajaja

2007-2008 I think, well when ever the 40GB came out, It was before the time of trophies =P

Over 4 years now. Had a phat that died less than 6 months after I owned it but I loved it so much I purchased a new super slim a few months after it came out. Works really well even after using it daily.

2008 - 2010 Is when I got it still have it and play on it to this date but now Im on PS4