Guide of the Year Awards 2016 - Nomination Thread

Platisfaction

Can we chose to nominate our own guides? 

If so.. I feel like my guide for Fallout:New Vegas is my favorite out of all of them. Me and Mr_Freaker spent allot of time and hard work on that guide to make sure we had every little detail possible explained on each trophy so people wouldn't have a hard time understanding the guide and will have an easier time earning the trophies for the game!

Sorry, but if I may quote the rules: You can nominate any guide you want except your own.

• Like 1

I want to vote for Hotline Miami 2: Wrong number. I'm not much of a trophy hunter but the guide helped me a lot with some of the easier trophies or hidden ones. For instance, I don't remember the trophy name specifically, but there is one where you have to clear a room without dying to get to a secret scene and steal an item during it to get the trophy... no way in hell I'd got it without the guide's help.

Couldn't tell you who made it, but that was the guide on the list that stuck out to me.

I want to vote for Hotline Miami 2: Wrong number. I'm not much of a trophy hunter but the guide helped me a lot with some of the easier trophies or hidden ones. For instance, I don't remember the trophy name specifically, but there is one where you have to clear a room without dying to get to a secret scene and steal an item during it to get the trophy... no way in hell I'd got it without the guide's help.

Couldn't tell you who made it, but that was the guide on the list that stuck out to me.

That's the Hotline Miami 2 guide by FearForDignity, and December 5th, 2015 - so it actually qualifies! :P

• Like 1

Wow, 427 eligible guides. That's about 1.17 guides per day (excluding guides from Guide Team staff). Nicely done PSNP :yay:.

And thank you TheFinalEmblem for listing them all in alphabetical order and linking them to the actual guide. You should get a badge for that.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 4

I'd like to nominate the Tropico 5 trophy guide by KiraxKira.

This guide was really helpful in getting me the Platinum for it, the guide is written so that it's quick and easy to understand without droaning on or becoming confusing. Kira's tips and general information was a big help for me to learn how to play the game.

Guide: http://psnprofiles.com/guide/4415-Tropico-5-Trophy-Guide

Writer: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/user/152929-kiraxkira/ 

I vote for Hitman GO: Definitive Edition Trophy Guide by Drew-013 (...as the other guide I didn't use - wasn't published at the time I went for the platinum. Didn't realize two guides got published for Hitman GO until I looked at the eligible guides list :)

Having video walkthroughs of the puzzles, plus well-written yet simple trophy descriptions (and not just lazily linking to a video) made this guide stand out to me and helped me get through some points I got stuck in the game.

I'm also impressed with the writing quality and the amount of information in the shortcuts guide for Riptide GP: Renegade, but I haven't actually played that game yet so I'll stick with my vote above for Hitman GO.

(I can't vote for myself? :( It does make the nominations fair though, carry on! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't the Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell guide ineligible? I thought that it was written entirely by Dragon and then WasaStar hosted it because Dragon doesn't have a PS4.

There's also a typo in the name of one of the guides listed. 龍が如 Trophy Guide should be 龍が如く Trophy Guide.

Good catch, yeah the SR Gat out of Hell guide should be removed from the list.

Is it disingenuous to vote for the only guide I've used this year? lol

Because, I only really fully utilized one that qualifies. (have looked at some older ones though)

The Rogue Galaxy guide was a huge help, lots of great tips to make the overall game easier to get through, and it's easy to understand everything.

• Like 1

LOL the list of Japanese games, that's literally list of my this year's guides :D

(When is the Japanese category going to be announced? :awesome:)

It was tough to choose. Oreshika guide is a brilliant feat and very special guide since it leveled up the Guide Creation thread :awesome: but... Kiseki is Kiseki and what hasegawa can do with guides is incredible. So, my nomination goes to THE LEGEND OF HEROES: TRAILS OF COLD STEEL Trophy Guide.

Hopefully others who are going to vote for one of Cold Steel guides choose this one so votes are not distributed between guides and one passes the preliminary round :)

LOL the list of Japanese games, that's literally list of my this year's guides :D

(When is the Japanese category going to be announced? :awesome:)

It was tough to choose. Oreshika guide is a brilliant feat and very special guide since it leveled up the Guide Creation thread :awesome: but... Kiseki is Kiseki and what hasegawa can do with guides is incredible. So, my nomination goes to THE LEGEND OF HEROES: TRAILS OF COLD STEEL Trophy Guide.

Hopefully others who are going to vote for one of Cold Steel guides choose this one so votes are not distributed between guides and one passes the preliminary round :)

I have to agree. Both CS guides are ridiculously indepth, but out of the two, I probably used the first games guide the most. I also vote for THE LEGEND OF HEROES: TRAILS OF COLD STEEL Trophy Guide.

Lol, at first I thought you were voting on all of those.

Hahaha sorry bud, forgot to add his link too :P

I voted Uncharted 4 but Catherine is also a incredible guide, it helped me on my 100th milestone :D

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Trophy Guide

CATHERINE Trophy Guide

But the best thing is to see how much the guide segment grew here, in the end we all win

• Like 1

Hahaha sorry bud, forgot to add his link too :P

I voted Uncharted 4 but Catherine is also a incredible guide, it helped me on my 100th milestone :D

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Trophy Guide

CATHERINE Trophy Guide

But the best thing is to see how much the guide segment grew here, in the end we all win

You can only nominate one guide bud.