Guide of the Year Awards 2016 - Nomination Thread

Platisfaction

I'm on mobile so can't hyperlink, sorry.

But I cast my vote for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. It's a very complicated plat, and one I'll probably never achieve, but the guide makes it very clear and does a great job of clearing up all of the confusion which could arise while trying to navigate the many ways through the trophies. The Roadmap alone deserves an award!

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/4451-Overwatch-Origins-Edition-Trophy-GuideI don't even like Overwatch that much, and I only played it on PC, rather than on the PS4. But I used this guide while I went after the achievements on PC, same concept as on the PS4 ver., and honestly, this trophy guide was pretty damn well-written and detailed. It was very specific, and offered various methods on how to tackle some of the trophies that had various methods on how to get them via several ways, or how to get them quicker, and then there's tips/methods as back to when trophies were bugged/glitched, or the description requirements were a bit off. I dunno if the achievements were bugged/glitched too, but I know trophies were.
There were some characters in Overwatch that I didn't like at all, and there were characters that I sucked playing is as I didn't know how to main them, as lots of the achievements/trophies in Overwatch require you to do specific stuff with specified characters, and I struggled in obtaining some of these achievements/trophies, which is I why I went after this particular trophy guide in the first place. I don't even like using trophy guides, like, I prefer doing things my own way without any sort of help if possible. But even if I didn't need help with attaining the achievements in Overwatch, I would've definitely still have used this trophy guide, because I really appreciate how well-detailed and helpful it is.
It's a trophy guide, and one specifically from here, PSNProfiles, when I could've just looked for tips through some PC forums and whatsuch out there, since I was playing the PC ver. of Overwatch, and it was achievements I was going after, after all :P But eh, when I do use trophy guides, I mainly appreciate them more if they're from PSNProfiles, I enjoy how the site's tools formats the guides.

If I do get the PS4 ver. (I might, lot of friends of mine won't stop pestering about how I need to get it and play with them :rolleyes: ) I'll definitely use this guide again. I've used some trophy guides form this year, but eh, I barely used these other guides, only used them for getting more information for two or three trophies only. Might use the 'Everybody's Gone To Rapture' trophy guide completely soon though, due to how the game bores me to death...
But yeah, this Overwatch trophy guide is about the only guide I used from nearly start to finish via completion length solely in just this year, and it certainly is one of the trophy guides I can certainly title as being one of my 'all-time favorites' trophy guide. :D  I would've wasted more in-game time going after the achievements aimlessly had I not used this guide. And it is a multiplayer-game, so I definitely needed help for this one due to how expansive the game multiplayer system is.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r

You can only nominate one guide bud.

Uncharted 4 bud, lots of people are also voting this one, so if it helps a fellow one, there's where my vote goes.

It's a very well written guide for a outstanding game.

Besides is awesome to see videos on every trophy that needs one, it reminds me how much effort I did with my own guides :D

On 12/3/2016 at 8:38 AM, MortalRikku said:

I would like to vote for Resident Evil 0 Trophy Guide as I have found it really detailed and helpful in what I have done so far in the game.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3836-Resident-Evil-0-Trophy-Guide

tis surprising to see one of mine nominated. i have not really used any guides this year so it is hard to nominate one myself. i will have to look over them and see when i have some time.

Legend of Heroes by Hasegawa

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 1

Overwatch: Origins Edition Trophy Guide

This guide has been very helpful especially when I first started playing the game. It explains in detail methods on how to earn the trophies relating to specific heroes with clarity. Furthermore, when the guide was first uploaded it didn't have any clear methods on obtaining the 'Rapid Discord' trophy to which the guide creator actively rectified despite not needing to. A really well thought about guide that the creator tended to thoroughly both prior and after publishing (even if I haven't got the platinum yet ).

My nomination goes to the Divinity: Original Sin Gameplay Guide.

I've given tips and given a decent amount of advice to a lot of people regarding this game, but Kallume has basically written a thesis on it, the effort involved in it impresses me, not to mention I learned things from the guide, even though I believed I knew that game like the back of my hand.

Good luck Kallume.

Alright, all votes up to this point have been tallied. It's neck and neck at the top, while we still have a lot of guides with one nomination each. Keep those votes coming, we still have 10 days to go! :D

Oh, and please don't forget to give reasons for your nominations. I'm looking at ballz and ForTheSesh... :stalker:

Alright, all votes up to this point have been tallied. It's neck and neck at the top, while we still have a lot of guides with one nomination each. Keep those votes coming, we still have 10 days to go! :D

Oh, and please don't forget to give reasons for your nominations. I'm looking at ballz and ForTheSesh... :stalker:

Could you also remove Saints Row Gat out of Hell from the list of guides in the OP? WasaStar only created the guide because I didn't have the PS4 version, so it could be ported. Technically, it's still a solo guide.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

My nomination goes to HappyKastanie Transformers Devastation Trophy Guide. The guide was well written and organized. Considering how difficult the game is the guide made it a lot easier to earn the platinum. The guide is very informative and very organized. Without this guide it would have taken me a lot longer to complete the game.