Guide of the Year Awards 2016 - Nomination Thread

Platisfaction

I'll nominate Rebel Galaxy Guide by damon8r351. So here's the thing, I really wanted to do the trophy guide for playstationtrophies.org, because at that time, one didn't exist. I cut a bunch of vids, wrote up half of the guide in Word and then I happened to check PSNProfiles to see the platinum status, only to notice a guide was posted. It basically compiles the guides and info from Steam and the Wiki, but does it from a PS4 approach. It's really great and it made me realize that making one myself would be redundant, so I quit. I'd highly recommend it over the playstationtrophies.org guide (no offense to that author), as it's heavily detailed and lays out everything easily to help anyone reach the plat.

The Shantae and the Pirates Curse guide would have been a good runner-up,  as I'm currently using the guide. However, my vote goes to Rebel Galaxy.

Edited by Fancy_Fox

Uncharted 4 guide is my #1. Really well written... in particular I would praise the very clearly laid out roadmap and tips & strategies section. Individual trophy guides were detailed and often included embedded video as well if further instruction was needed. Overall a great aid on the path to the plat.

18 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I'll have to go with the Unravel guide. I followed it when going for the platinum, definitely wouldn't have been able to achieve it without that guide. Very concise and easy to understand, with plenty of helpful videos.

Why thank you kind sir/madam (you're not telling so... :P)

Honoured just to be picked. I can't take credit for the videos, but I'm glad you found the guide helpful. Cheers!

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 1

I'd like to nominate the Table Top Racing: World Tour Trophy Guide by xZoneHunter.

Being a gamer whom is terrible at racing games (even the easiest ones), I found this guide very useful to assisting with my first EVER racing game platinum (don't fact-check me on this as I might be wrong). The content, both written and image, and references were spot on. Thank you for the great guide and good luck.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:17 AM, djperkyuk said:

I'd like to nominate Fallout 4 please. Helped me a lot when going for the platinum 

2 hours ago, harrisonr1 said:

Got to give it to fallout 4 personaly great game great well written and very well presented full of information going above and beyond what I expected was a good help especially for going for the platinum and 100% to the people that wrote it great job 

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3638-fallout-4-trophy-guide

Thanks a lot for the nominations guys. It feels really good to know that the effort our team put in has been recognised and has helped people out. I never thought the guide would get as popular as it did. Have a happy holidays!

• Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 9:46 AM, TheLastSurvivorD said:

CypherNova139's Jak 3 Trophy Guide gets my nomination. It has general gameplay tips, stage-by-stage strategies on each of the bosses and missions, a lot of pictures to compliment their descriptions, great formatting, and is packed to the brim with detail. Anyone should be able to recognize the time he must've put into this guide.

Thanks! I'm honored to have a nomination!

I did put in a couple good solid weeks of writing on that guide after coming home from work, rather than getting trophies on my profile xD

• Like 2

wtf?...my guide is eligible and got a vote?...haha...glad to see the 6 months i spent on it helped at least one person...looked at all the guides hoping to cast a vote for one...unfortunately, none from the games i played this year that i found to be a best guide of the year candidate...thanks and good luck to all participants...

edit: really wanted to vote so had a look at the top 3 highest voted guides so far...hasegawa2010's legend of heroes: trails of cold steel gets my vote...not my type of game but the time it must've taken to put all that data together in a logical manner that is both visually appealing and guide user-friendly seems insane...impressive stuff...props to Mr. (?) Hasegawa...

Edited by ProfBambam55

4 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

edit: really wanted to vote so had a look at the top 3 highest voted guides so far...hasegawa2010's legend of heroes: trails of cold steel gets my vote...not my type of game but the time it must've taken to put all that data together in a logical manner that is both visually appealing and guide user-friendly seems insane...impressive stuff...props to Mr. (?) Hasegawa...

IMO that's a wrong method to vote for a guide.

5 hours ago, Platisfaction said:

Okay, all nominations up to this point have been tallied. We have a top 15 atm! :o Remember, only one more day, if you want your favourite guide to be considered, make sure to get your vote in.

It's better than a top 26, but still...

• Like 1