Death Stranding - TGA 2016 Trailer

HeySumbode

It's so weird and I love it! :D I'd hesitate to even call it a game at this point, though. This game was revealed waaaaay to early. I mean these trailers are great and everything, but it's going to be a very long time before we actually get to play it. I'd rather they just went quiet for a few years while they work on the game.

Also, that guy holding the baby totally reminds me of Forest Kaysen from D4 for some reason. :P

GVEYLUIh.jpg

You can see it too, right? xD

It's so weird and I love it! :D I'd hesitate to even call it a game at this point, though. This game was revealed waaaaay to early. I mean these trailers are great and everything, but it's going to be a very long time before we actually get to play it. I'd rather they just went quiet for a few years while they work on the game.

Also, that guy holding the baby totally reminds me of Forest Kaysen from D4 for some reason. :P

GVEYLUIh.jpg

You can see it too, right? xD

I'm pretty sure that guy is Guillermo del Toro, Kojimas right hand man on Silent Hills/PT

MV5BOTUzNTYwNjE0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc0

Edited by angelgrievous

I think it's a little too early to call that, don't you? :P

It's this kind of mentality that leads to inevitable disappointment. Judge the game from what it actually is, not by the hype you attach to it.

I wish I could follow your logic and reason as it is both logical and reasonable,  but 'nod to my avatar' I'm an uncontrollable ball of Kojima hype and can't wait for this game to come out.  Also, I have loved everything he has made and based on the weird ass trailers for this game, I will love it too.  Although, you are right, it might not be my GOTY, but it probably will be... :facepalm:

Edited by angelgrievous

now am just going to be that guy but, what in the hell does that even tell us? it looks crazy like the metal gear games are like and I think someone has been watching too much of the movie children of men and thought to make a game about it.

My point in this is what is the game going to be about? I don't get why they can't show gameplay of this game as I think the whole movie like trailers is a waste of time now a days, and I don't know why but I think most of this game is going to be wtf all over the place and walk forward cut scene and walk forward cut scene, but that is what I think.

• Like 2

now am just going to be that guy but, what in the hell does that even tell us? it looks crazy like the metal gear games are like and I think someone has been watching too much of the movie children of men and thought to make a game about it.

My point in this is what is the game going to be about? I don't get why they can't show gameplay of this game as I think the whole movie like trailers is a waste of time now a days, and I don't know why but I think most of this game is going to be wtf all over the place and walk forward cut scene and walk forward cut scene, but that is what I think.

The reason there is no gameplay footage is simply because there is none.  These things take time.  The marketing behind this game is to simply slow drip teaser trailers just like any other game.  The movie like trailers you seem to think are a waste of time is a common marketing strategy used by almost every developer/publisher today.  There is absolutely no way to gather any information about the game based on what has been shown.  To imply that the game will be a simple "wtf all over the place and walk forward cut scene" is premature.  I understand the hesitation to embrace anything on this game based on what has been shown, but I also think certain credit is due based on the track record of the creator.  To say nothing of his past games being uniformly praised by most of the gaming community is a disservice to his career.  Yes, this game can be a bomb, but I think it will be his magnum opus brought on by his unchaining from Konami.

I hear Norman Reedus is such a method actor he got pregnant to prepare for this role.

This made me laugh too hard.

Anyway, the game looks interesting and mysterious just based on the two cinematic trailers (trying to connect how the first one relates to this one). Kinda wonder how far they are into development and when we'll be seeing some gameplay.

The reason there is no gameplay footage is simply because there is none.  These things take time.  The marketing behind this game is to simply slow drip teaser trailers just like any other game.  The movie like trailers you seem to think are a waste of time is a common marketing strategy used by almost every developer/publisher today.  There is absolutely no way to gather any information about the game based on what has been shown.  To imply that the game will be a simple "wtf all over the place and walk forward cut scene" is premature.  I understand the hesitation to embrace anything on this game based on what has been shown, but I also think certain credit is due based on the track record of the creator.  To say nothing of his past games being uniformly praised by most of the gaming community is a disservice to his career.  Yes, this game can be a bomb, but I think it will be his magnum opus brought on by his unchaining from Konami.

Hogwash for a few reasons.

-This is not like any other game. Kojima is notorious for revealing and teasing his games too early; such as with MGS4 and MGS V. If they're so early into the development cycle that they don't even have a bit of gameplay to show then maybe they shouldn't be teasing it all over the place. Long marketing cycles lead to an overdose on pre-release hype and disappointment.

-His ''track record'' is arguable to say the least and this is coming from a Metal Gear Solid fan.

-Kojima was offered insane amounts of time and money when making the Metal Gear series. Even MGS V with everyone shit talking it for being unfinished had almost a decade of dev time and a budget of 80 million dollars. If you want to get excited for this game be my guest; it'll be interesting at the very least and I want to see how it all pans out too but the community has a tendency to deflect everything wrong with a Kojima game away from Kojima and its annoying.

So yeah, cool trailer. Psyched about Hannibal Lecter; still doesn't tell me a damn thing about the game itself or why I should really get excited past the aforementioned associations with some big name actors.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD