Death Stranding - TGA 2016 Trailer

HeySumbode

Kojima has always been a crazy bastard. He makes some damn good games though. 

Parker

Agreed. I still wonder why devs like Kojima,Masato Kimura , Masaaki Yamagiwa enjoy doing weirdass stuff?

I mean there was a vagina monster on Bloodborne lol. I can't even guess what kind of things will be on Death Stranding

Agreed. I still wonder why devs like Kojima,Masato Kimura , Masaaki Yamagiwa enjoy doing weirdass stuff?

I mean there was a vagina monster on Bloodborne lol. I can't even guess what kind of things will be on Death Stranding

Wait what vagina monster are you referring to?

In fairness Bloodborne's quasi-sexual imagery and obsession with menstrual blood, childbirth etc all plays into the game's themes of existential crisis so its not just done for the sake of.

• Like 1

Wait what vagina monster are you referring to?

In fairness Bloodborne's quasi-sexual imagery and obsession with menstrual blood, childbirth etc all plays into the game's themes of existential crisis so its not just done for the sake of.

No no no. I mean a monster that literally looks like a vagina. IIRC, l saw it in Burgerwerth and it wasn't just me. I was playing with my friends at the same ( group chat and playing the game ) they all agreed on that. It wasn't only me when l googled it lots of people claimed they saw it too

Hogwash for a few reasons.

-This is not like any other game. Kojima is notorious for revealing and teasing his games too early; such as with MGS4 and MGS V. If they're so early into the development cycle that they don't even have a bit of gameplay to show then maybe they shouldn't be teasing it all over the place. Long marketing cycles lead to an overdose on pre-release hype and disappointment.

-His ''track record'' is arguable to say the least and this is coming from a Metal Gear Solid fan.

-Kojima was offered insane amounts of time and money when making the Metal Gear series. Even MGS V with everyone shit talking it for being unfinished had almost a decade of dev time and a budget of 80 million dollars. If you want to get excited for this game be my guest; it'll be interesting at the very least and I want to see how it all pans out too but the community has a tendency to deflect everything wrong with a Kojima game away from Kojima and its annoying.

So yeah, cool trailer. Psyched about Hannibal Lecter; still doesn't tell me a damn thing about the game itself or why I should really get excited past the aforementioned associations with some big name actors.

Yeah, Final Fantasy XV definitely wasn't the fastest selling FF or anything, and it's certainly a great disappointment...

Yeah, Final Fantasy XV definitely wasn't the fastest selling FF or anything, and it's certainly a great disappointment...

We don't actually know how well XV sold. We're told it *shipped* the most copies for an FF game but that doesn't necessarily mean sold, Activision did the same thing when they wanted to beef up CoD Ghost's sales and make it appear like they had GTA V beat financially.

As for how well the game does; has yet to be seen but there will certainly be a vocal subset of people who are disappointed; but yeah XV is not like MGS V's situation or a Kojima situation at all.

An interesting trailer. The symbolism is quite mystifying. I wonder what the incubator means? The mix of historical and modern warfare elements could symbolize the effects past conflict has on the modern day, but that is just my interpretation.

So after watching the new trailer, here are my two cents on what the story might be:

"A post-apocalyptic world where there are (possibly) no women so no natural way to conceive babies. The only way is to 'cook up' kids in incubators. That practice also got out of hand after a huge war for such thing, now only a handful of incubators or such are left and the war is still on..."

From how Norman Reedus was holding the baby in the first reveal and how Del Toro had that incubator with the baby inside and Mads leading a group of soldiers to possibly hunt for incubators kind of give this vibe.

Quite the interesting trailer, in my opinion. Sure, it may be all CGI and does not feature any gameplay to speak of, but it gives us such a tantalizing look into the world the game will most likely be based in (barring any big changes from what the trailer showed). It was awesome to see both Guillermo del Toro and Mads Mikkelsen being featured in the game, especially del Toro after he and Kojima were screwed over by Konami in regards to what happened with Silent Hills getting canned. Still a little creeped out with the whole baby thing (as seen in the first trailer with Norman Reedus and now this one with del Toro), but it should hopefully add an interesting twist to what should be one hell of a ride if Death Stranding ends up being great.

All I can say is that I really hope that whenever this game arrives (Wikipedia: It currently has no set release date, although Kojima stated that the game would be released prior to the year the film Akira was set, which is 2019) is both a critical success for Kojima/SONY and a true masterpiece of a game that will be an absolute blast to play and experience. 

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
  • Like 1

Quite the interesting trailer, in my opinion. Sure, it may be all CGI and does not feature any gameplay to speak of, but it gives us such a tantalizing look into the world the game will most likely be based in (barring any big changes from what the trailer showed). It was awesome to see both Guillermo del Toro and Mads Mikkelsen being featured in the game, especially del Toro after he and Kojima were screwed over by Konami in regards to what happened with Silent Hills getting canned. Still a little creeped out with the whole baby thing (as seen in the first trailer with Norman Reedus and now this one with del Toro), but it should hopefully add an interesting twist to what should be one hell of a ride if Death Stranding ends up being great.

All I can say is that I really hope that whenever this game arrives (Wikipedia: It currently has no set release date, although Kojima stated that the game would be released prior to the year the film Akira was set, which is 2019) is both a critical success for Kojima/SONY and a true masterpiece of a game that will be an absolute blast to play and experience. 

It will be good, it will be amazing. No crow for me.

yes but the guy making it made the last metal gear games do that along with how crazy the trailer is I think it is going to be wtf all over the place as if you look at uncharted 4 the trailer for it before the gameplay it showed this will be his last dive and he has a brother shows it all in the trailer, a trailer shows both what we will mostly see and to me I have no idea what is happening.