PaRappa the Rappa leak.

Here's a twist on this info: This may be a rating on the PSP release of Parappa, ready to be released again on either PS4 or Vita. This could pave the way for PSP games to gain trophy support and be enjoyed by the millions of gamers who have no idea what a PSP is.

Yes IS. PSP IS still awesome.

• Like 3

Here's a twist on this info: This may be a rating on the PSP release of Parappa, ready to be released again on either PS4 or Vita. This could pave the way for PSP games to gain trophy support and be enjoyed by the millions of gamers who have no idea what a PSP is.

If they brought over Jeanne D'arc with trophy support I'd never say a bad thing about Sony again.

• Like 3

I remember many years ago there was a patent for PSP trophies but nothing came out of it.

EDIT: of course i meant PSP trophies for the PSP itself.

Edited by Lance_87

OMG PLZ!

ALL THE WEEB GAMES WITH TROPHIES!

• Like 1

I remember many years ago there was a patent for PSP trophies but nothing came out of it.

EDIT: of course i meant PSP trophies for the PSP itself.

iirc, LittleBigPlanet PSP's back of the cover says something about trophies too. If not that game, then some PSP game did. It was a "mistake".

I can't imagine how terribly they would have worked though, just using PSN was a hassle on the PSP. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's why it was never done on PSP, and instead they just focused on Vita where it works pretty damn well.

iirc, LittleBigPlanet PSP's back of the cover says something about trophies too. If not that game, then some PSP game did. It was a "mistake".

I can't imagine how terribly they would have worked though, just using PSN was a hassle on the PSP. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's why it was never done on PSP, and instead they just focused on Vita where it works pretty damn well.

You are correct: http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/11/12/littlebigplanet-psps-box-art-lies

From what I had read at some point (don't recall where anymore), Sony wanted to allow trophies on PSP games fairly early in the life of the PSP but the system security (duh) would have ruined the integrity of the system so they held off.

Here's hoping we finally get it!

You are correct: http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/11/12/littlebigplanet-psps-box-art-lies

From what I had read at some point (don't recall where anymore), Sony wanted to allow trophies on PSP games fairly early in the life of the PSP but the system security (duh) would have ruined the integrity of the system so they held off.

Here's hoping we finally get it!

If that's the reason... what a shame! We missed out on PSP trophies for nothing!

Before Sony consider adding PS1 emulation, maybe they should actually put a little effort into expanding the number of titles available as PS2 classics first. The PS2 games on PS4 have been incredibly lacklustre so far, and it's a shame because I was really excited when they first announced it. Of course, I'd love to play PS1 games on PS4 with trophy support, but considering how poor the lineup has been for PS2 classics, I'm sceptical we'll get any of the games we actually want.

Before Sony consider adding PS1 emulation, maybe they should actually put a little effort into expanding the number of titles available as PS2 classics first. The PS2 games on PS4 have been incredibly lacklustre so far, and it's a shame because I was really excited when they first announced it. Of course, I'd love to play PS1 games on PS4 with trophy support, but considering how poor the lineup has been for PS2 classics, I'm sceptical we'll get any of the games we actually want.

You do realize it takes them a few months to add in trophies to the PS2 games right? And that it is handled by a small team as well.  I mean I am with you on the small side for sure, but nothing we can really do about it.  But if they did give it PS1 emulation, at least there would be more games to choose from too.

Hell, there's still plenty of PS2 games I'd like to see with trophy support on the PS4 as well.

You do realize it takes them a few months to add in trophies to the PS2 games right? And that it is handled by a small team as well.  I mean I am with you on the small side for sure, but nothing we can really do about it.  But if they did give it PS1 emulation, at least there would be more games to choose from too.

Hell, there's still plenty of PS2 games I'd like to see with trophy support on the PS4 as well.

Sure, but it's been a year since PS2 classics first came to PS4 and there's only been a handful of games worth playing, most of which are from the same developers/publishers. I'd like to see a lot more variety. The rollout has been incredibly slow and disappointing so far, and I don't see that changing if they brought PS1 classics to PS4. I worry if they have more platforms to worry about, it'll take even longer for games to come out.

Sure, but it's been a year since PS2 classics first came to PS4 and there's only been a handful of games worth playing, most of which are from the same developers/publishers. I'd like to see a lot more variety. The rollout has been incredibly slow and disappointing so far, and I don't see that changing if they brought PS1 classics to PS4. I worry if they have more platforms to worry about, it'll take even longer for games to come out.

I think it has something to do with what developers/publishers they can get on board with the emulation too.  But I suppose you never know in the end with how they would do it for PS1 emulation if this here is anything to go by.

It depends on if more publishers are interested to join and invest some money to add trophies and the other features that comes with them, last gen PS2 Classics didn't had any of that so it was easy for publishers to just bring their games and they would be released in no time. But now it takes 2-3 months to add trophy support to them, and the team who handles that must be very small.

They also "can't" release most of their famous PS2 games like R&C, J&C, ICO and SOTC, etc because they were already remastered on PS3 and/or put on PSNow, so if they emulate them then people will complain that they got a simple PS2 emulation instead of a port from the superior remasters, which they also aren't bringing since they are on PSNow so they must think they won't have much success on PS4 (even if I don't think much people actually uses that streaming service, my internet connection isn't fast and its not available in my Store so I can't even use it).

It depends on if more publishers are interested to join and invest some money to add trophies and the other features that comes with them, last gen PS2 Classics didn't had any of that so it was easy for publishers to just bring their games and they would be released in no time. But now it takes 2-3 months to add trophy support to them, and the team who handles that must be very small.

They also "can't" release most of their famous PS2 games like R&C, J&C, ICO and SOTC, etc because they were already remastered on PS3 and/or put on PSNow, so if they emulate them then people will complain that they got a simple PS2 emulation instead of a port from the superior remasters, which they also aren't bringing since they are on PSNow so they must think they won't have much success on PS4 (even if I don't think much people actually uses that streaming service, my internet connection isn't fast and its not available in my Store so I can't even use it).

I get that it's down to the publishers, but Sony should be doing more to encourage them. I know it takes more effort now that they have to add trophy support and such, but with how many people I've seen request some of these games, I have a hard time believing they would profit from it. Sure, a lot the great PS2 games have already been remastered on PS3, but that hasn't stopped publishers from re-releasing their games before. Besides, many people have moved on from PS3 and PS Now can't compare with playing the games natively on your console. Does anybody even use it? :P Also, there are many games on the PS2 that never got a remaster and those are the ones I'd be most interested to see.

Isn't the team that does the ps2 classics really small as well?

But they didn't had to add trophies to them or manually test things like remote play, share play, etc so that's why even if the team was small they still managed to release them faster, because there wasn't any actual effort put into them.

I get that it's down to the publishers, but Sony should be doing more to encourage them. I know it takes more effort now that they have to add trophy support and such, but with how many people I've seen request some of these games, I have a hard time believing they would profit from it. Sure, a lot the great PS2 games have already been remastered on PS3, but that hasn't stopped publishers from re-releasing their games before. Besides, many people have moved on from PS3 and PS Now can't compare with playing the games natively on your console. Does anybody even use it? :P Also, there are many games on the PS2 that never got a remaster and those are the ones I'd be most interested to see.

I just think Sony itself isn't allowing their own remastered games to be bought to PS4, like I said people will complain if they get an emulation instead of a port, and since they're already available on PS Now they must think they are "already available on PS4" as well, which it isn't true and not many of us use that service. And what you said about PS Now is basically what I said on my reply. I think the majority of the PS2 games they have emulated are the ones that never got a remaster, its nice that they are bringing unpopular or not much known games like Okage, Puzzle Quest, etc but I think they should bring games that are actually more known and weren't remastered, and are Sony's IPs like both The Getaways, Syphon Filter, etc. They can't bring games like Gran Turismo because of license reasons I think.

I guess since the team is small and the current publishers are giving them their catalogue to make trophies for that's why they aren't bringing too many publishers at once, they are trying to finish the ones at hand so they can later start to bring more. But yeah as long as the team remains small we'll keep receiving less than 4 PS2 games each month.

Edited by Finozzi1696

But they didn't had to add trophies to them or manually test things like remote play, share play, etc so that's why even if the team was small they still managed to release them faster, because there wasn't any actual effort put into them.

That's the reason why I said it takes them a long time now to the person wondering why it takes forever to release the games, the team that does it is small.

Here's food for thought: Who was louder?

The people who want PS2 Classics on PS4 for the past year?...

or the people who spent the last few years typing PORTSTATION 4 in all caps?

As great as it is, you can't push them to try harder with the port jobs. I also believe only Rockstar is the only one who said they did well, or so I've read.

Here's food for thought: Who was louder?

The people who want PS2 Classics on PS4 for the past year?...

or the people who spent the last few years typing PORTSTATION 4 in all caps?

As great as it is, you can't push them to try harder with the port jobs. I also believe only Rockstar is the only one who said they did well, or so I've read.

Well the "portstation 4" people are idiots, plain and simple, because PS2 and PS3 (and other platforms, Nintendo's Virtual Console?) had way more than PS4 has.

I don't understand your point about "can't push them to try harder"? Of course we can. As good as it has been they can always do better. They have made mistakes as well so constructive criticism is always good (it's just if they listen that's the thing). THQ Nordic have also said their release of Deatroy All Humans has performed well. Games like Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy from Sony have also done very well.

• Like 1