PaRappa the Rappa leak.

Here's food for thought: Who was louder?

The people who want PS2 Classics on PS4 for the past year?...

or the people who spent the last few years typing PORTSTATION 4 in all caps?

As great as it is, you can't push them to try harder with the port jobs. I also believe only Rockstar is the only one who said they did well, or so I've read.

I spoke to a guy who works on THQ Nordic and he told me their Destroy All Humans PS2 emulation on PS4 is doing "quite good" on sales and that they knew it was going to have high demand (hence the $19.99 price tag). According to some rumor Parappa 2 did so well on PS4 as a PS2 emulation that Sony is making a reboot or something similar, hence this leak. If you see the ratings from each one of their games on the Store you can see they are all performing incredibly well.

SNK's games like KOF 2000 and MSA are also doing very well as PS2 games on PS4, and I suspect they increased the price tag for their latest release, Samurai Shodown VI, because of this. They even took the time to made a trailer for it and upload it to their YT account.

So yeah its safe to say by now that the emulation was a big success, the fact that all those publishers keeps bringing their PS2 games to PS4 supports this.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Well the "portstation 4" people are idiots, plain and simple, because PS2 and PS3 (and other platforms, Nintendo's Virtual Console?) had way more than PS4 has.

Really? :P Consider the lifespan of both PS2 and PS3 and PS4 and the ratio to non-port games :)

If it's high now, it will be even higher when PS4 reaches PS2/PS3 age :D Not to mention the architecture that makes it incredibly easy to port Steam games. There's no way it's not going to overcome both PS2/PS3 in maybe halfway its lifespan. PortStation is a very fitting nickname :D

Really? :P Consider the lifespan of both PS2 and PS3 and PS4 and the ratio to non-port games :)

If it's high now, it will be even higher when PS4 reaches PS2/PS3 age :D Not to mention the architecture that makes it incredibly easy to port Steam games. There's no way it's not going to overcome both PS2/PS3 in maybe halfway its lifespan. PortStation is a very fitting nickname :D

Over 100 PS2 games were released on PS3 in the first year of its emulation, and that's on top of the hundreds of PS one Classics, PS4 has had 40. Almost every PSP exclusive game ended up being ported to PS2 or PS3. Virtual Console has thousands of classics released on Wii U. Almost every remaster released on PS4 has also been released on Xbox One, but yet it's PS4 that's the "portstation" with over double the exclusive games, of course.

• Like 1

So it's true, i'm really happy :) I Missed this game on Ps1 and 2 just watched it on YT last year and it looks great especially for me since i love Rhytm games. I'll keep an eye on ti for sure to see how it will be :D

Edited by Puriddu9427

I don't understand your point about "can't push them to try harder"? Of course we can. As good as it has been they can always do better. They have made mistakes as well so constructive criticism is always good (it's just if they listen that's the thing). THQ Nordic have also said their release of Deatroy All Humans has performed well. Games like Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy from Sony have also done very well.

I don't think we have to. As nice as it is to have PS2 games on PS4, I think they have their priorities right in handing these out a slow pace.

People didn't buy the PS4 to play PS2 games. Whatever you get out of this is purely bonus and nothing more. Therefore, there is no need to ask for more, for them to do better.

So yeah its safe to say by now that the emulation was a big success, the fact that all those publishers keeps bringing their PS2 games to PS4 supports this.

Emphasis on "or so I've read". My knowledge doesn't necessarily match any of yours. I find looking at all the sales statistics boring and pointless as an end user.

I don't think we have to. As nice as it is to have PS2 games on PS4, I think they have their priorities right in handing these out a slow pace.

People didn't buy the PS4 to play PS2 games. Whatever you get out of this is purely bonus and nothing more. Therefore, there is no need to ask for more, for them to do better.

I said they've made mistakes not they're too slow (which some months they are, some they aren't). Mistakes like trophy glitches, new bugs added, display/performance issues etc. They aren't exactly cheap so if we find problems it's only right to point them out so hopefully they can be fixed (some have). So yes, I'd like them to up their game.

You're right, judging from the PS4's current library of games, it looks like people bought a PS4 to play PS3 games instead. :P

Not even that man. A lot of the PS3 remasters started showing up after the PS4 launched.

I said they've made mistakes not they're too slow (which some months they are, some they aren't). Mistakes like trophy glitches, new bugs added, display/performance issues etc. They aren't exactly cheap so if we find problems it's only right to point them out so hopefully they can be fixed (some have). So yes, I'd like them to up their game.

Oh, in that context. Then you're right. I haven't actually gotten any of these games because I thought they would be a shoe in for ps plus and still hold to that.

And they are pretty cheap. $20ish AUD is cheap for a game.

Not even that man. A lot of the PS3 remasters started showing up after the PS4 launched.

Oh, in that context. Then you're right. I haven't actually gotten any of these games because I thought they would be a shoe in for ps plus and still hold to that.

And they are pretty cheap. $20ish AUD is cheap for a game.

I'm not even gonna start on the pricing, it's all over the shop. Pardon the pun. :P

They're going for up to 29.95 AUD now.

Emphasis on "or so I've read". My knowledge doesn't necessarily match any of yours. I find looking at all the sales statistics boring and pointless as an end user.

Well not so pointless for me if I can share what I know with people who knows so little about said subject. I find looking at them fun, since me and Dell are the ones with PS2PS4 threads here (he also created the PS2PS4 List article on Wikipedia) so we share PS2 info and news for anyone interested on them.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Tried the Demo yesterday and well it was kinda dissapointing honestly.... I was expecting a full remaster not only the Song parts but even in the Videos that tells the story at least a clean of them, they are literally the PS1 Videos and it's quite Meh i think they could have done a lot more being a 20Th anniversary edition....

Anyway it's neat i'll take it when out with a friend, of course if it won't cost more than 20.

Tried the Demo yesterday and well it was kinda dissapointing honestly.... I was expecting a full remaster not only the Song parts but even in the Videos that tells the story at least a clean of them, they are literally the PS1 Videos and it's quite Meh i think they could have done a lot more being a 20Th anniversary edition....

Anyway it's neat i'll take it when out with a friend, of course if it won't cost more than 20.

I also found the demo to be pretty underwhelming. Video sequences looked like the PS1/PSP-videos with only a slighly upscaled resolution (2 times the original size?) and were rather blurry. To be honest I would even consider 20 euros to be overpriced for this. Only if they would include a HD-version of PaRappa 2 and UmJammer Lammy I would consider it to be a fair price as the PaRappa-games are quite short.

I also found the demo to be pretty underwhelming. Video sequences looked like the PS1/PSP-videos with only a slighly upscaled resolution (2 times the original size?) and were rather blurry. To be honest I would even consider 20 euros to be overpriced for this. Only if they would include a HD-version of PaRappa 2 and UmJammer Lammy I would consider it to be a fair price as the PaRappa-games are quite short.

Parappa 2 is already available on HD 1080p on the PS4. Its not a proper remaster but an HD emulation, but still looks nice.

Parappa 2 is already available on HD 1080p on the PS4. Its not a proper remaster but an HD emulation, but still looks nice.

I'm aware of that but still I would say that a real HD collection of all the three PaRappa-games would be a good move. It's imo a wasted opportunity. Same goes for Patapon and LocoRoco where I think it's kinda stupid to pnly port the first installments and not include LocoRoco 2 and Midnight Carnival, or Patapon 2 and 3.

Yeah i honestly agree even 20 € would be too much just for a Clean graphic during the songs. they could have done again all the Videos it's literally like watching the PS1 Version maybe even worst as you said it's rather blurry, i skipped them in the Demo.  In the end to be a 20Th anniversary edition, it's really poor...

Yeah even for what you say about Patapon and LocorRoco i agree, 2 Series i never plaied back on Ps1/2/PSP but just saw them around in some videos and i would like them all but if they just sell one well no more than 10 € then i hope!