The Last of Us 2

HaSoOoN-MHD

I never finished the first one, I got stuck at one part and then put down the game.. after seeing that trailer and getting some chills from it. The graphics, the music.. just that atmosphere in general makes me want to pick up the first game and try to finish it so I can be ready for the second one.

Oh man so many mixed feelings on this one ... I absolutely LOVED The Last of Us, but as much as a part of me wanted more after completing the game back on ps3 ... I couldn't help but feel like it was such a complete and perfect experience in itself that a direct sequel (same characters by the looks of it) honestly felt unnecessary and might do more harm, than good, to the story thats already been established. (Lightning never strikes twice and all that)

Then again Naughty Dog hasn't disappointed me before, so hopefully they'll deliver like they use to with this one as well ...   :unsure: 

Still can't deny that I'll definitely buy this as I'm to much of a fan of the Last of Us universe to miss out on this POTENTIAL masterpiece ... lets just say I'll stay skeptical until I've played it myself, since I've been burned, by blind hype to many times at this point to be anything else honestly.

Edited by Rune2303
  • Like 3

Oh man so many mixed feelings on this one ... I absolutely LOVED The Last of Us, but as much as a part of me wanted more after completing the game back on ps3 ... I couldn't help but feel like it was such a complete and perfect experience in itself that a direct sequel (same characters by the looks of it) honestly felt unnecessary and might do more harm, than good, to the story thats already been established. (Lightning never strikes twice and all that)

Then again Naughty Dog hasn't disappointed me before, so hopefully they'll deliver like they use to with this one as well ...   :unsure:

Still can't deny that I'll definitely buy this as I'm to much of a fan of the Last of Us universe to miss out on this POTENTIAL masterpiece ... lets just say I'll stay skeptical until I've played it myself, since I've been burned, by blind hype, to many times as this point to be anything else honestly.

I had the same thoughts about a sequel as well, but when I look at the Uncharted series and see how the characters and relationships developed in that game, it makes me think that a direct sequel will work for TLoU. Naughty Dog are one of the few developers that I feel can really make characters believable and I also think that a game focused on a more grown up Ellie would be a fantastic way to flesh out her character even more as well as add more characters to the franchise. It wouldn't surprise me if Joel was more of a side character in this game, but whatever Naughty Dog decide to do I'm sure it will be a damn fine game with a great story. 

Here is the trailer from the official PlayStation YouTube account. 

Parker

Edited by Parker
  • Like 1

Still can't deny that I'll definitely buy this as I'm to much of a fan of the Last of Us universe to miss out on this POTENTIAL masterpiece ... lets just say I'll stay skeptical until I've played it myself, since I've been burned, by blind hype, to many times as this point to be anything else honestly.

Yeah I remember them saying they would only do a sequel if they had a meaningful story to tell and seeing how it's naughty dog we really shouldn't be worried.