The Last of Us 2

HaSoOoN-MHD

This is going to be so fucking good. I know it. TLOU is my favorite game of all time so Naughty Dog better not mess this up.

They wouldn't make something if they didn't feel like they could add to the game. No idea why the fans are worried. Naughty Dog have a notorious reputation for being one of the best gaming studios on the planet. Their track record is impeccable. Their first flop isn't going to be TLOU II.

• Like 1

They wouldn't make something if they didn't feel like they could add to the game. No idea why the fans are worried. Naughty Dog have a notorious reputation for being one of the best gaming studios on the planet. Their track record is impeccable. Their first flop isn't going to be TLOU II.

They've already had one flop. 

Parker

Yeah I remember them saying they would only do a sequel if they had a meaningful story to tell and seeing how it's naughty dog we really shouldn't be worried.

Yeah "In Naughty Dog we trust" though you should always be at least a bit worried, otherwise you'll almost certainly get just little bit disappointed, no matter how good the game turns out to be (after all game developers shouldn't be expected to match the masterpieces we're able to build up in our heads :P

Easy. The first game had literally no expectations to live up to. Until we saw the first bit of gameplay and probably played the game ourselves, it was not much more than another third person shooter set in a post apocalyptic setting with zombie like creatures. Now the bar is set SOOOO much higher and its hard not to feel like the game might be TLOU 1 good even though it may very well still be a fantastic game on its own merit :-)

Only time will tell, though I'm far more surprised by the amount of people not even willing to consider the possibility that the sequel may very well be worse than its predecessor :P

They've already had one flop. 

Parker

If you have to go back to the mid 90s to find a bad game made by Naughty Dog (made for a car crash of a console, no less), I think we can be confident in their ability to make quality games.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 3

I'm far more surprised by the amount of people not even willing to consider the possibility that the sequel may very well be worse than its predecessor :P

We trust in Naughty Dog. Maybe Uncharted 3 wasn't quite AS good as Uncharted 2 but it was still an excellent game and virtually flawless unless you consider the linear, cinematic style a flaw (I feel sorry for those that do). However, the gaming media is really gonna lay in on thick even before a release date is properly announced and it'll get even worse from there. I know I'm able to keep my sense of hype in check, but will others be able to do the same?

Edited by MeteorHawk

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!

Now that's out of the way, I have to say the reveal was masterfully done. I couldn't help but squeal with delight when I knew what it was. xD The Last of Us is one of my favourite games of all time and I'm thrilled that it's going to get a sequel. I know people have concerns about a sequel and think it should be left alone, but I have faith that they can pull it off. Naughty Dog sure do have their work cut out for them to follow up such a beloved game, but they haven't disappointed me yet, so bring it on I say! :)

I will say I think it was announced too early, though. Shawn Layden even said that the game is very early in development, so we're probably a good three or so years out from actually being able to play this.  In my opinion, they should of at least waited another year or so before revealing it, because now the wait is going to be unbearable for many. :S

• Like 1

Yeah "In Naughty Dog we trust" though you should always be at least a bit worried, otherwise you'll almost certainly get just little bit disappointed, no matter how good the game turns out to be (after all game developers shouldn't be expected to match the masterpieces we're able to build up in our heads :P)

Yeah I always try to temper my expectations for any game. I'm not gonna spend any time speculating and will avoid watching any game demos or story trailers. Just gonna keep my distance and then just play it on release.
  • Like 1

We trust in Naughty Dog. Maybe Uncharted 3 wasn't quite AS good as Uncharted 2 but it was still an excellent game and virtually flawless unless you consider the linear, cinematic style a flaw (I feel sorry for those that do). However, the gaming media is really gonna lay in on thick even before a release date is properly announced and it'll get even worse from there. I know I'm able to keep my sense of hype in check, but will others be able to do the same?

Hey man if anyone can pull off a sequel to this game, Naughty Dog would be the ones to do it, and since they are, I'm only a bit worried, which I honestly feel is completely reasonable when discussing sequels.

Now onto UC3, I honestly did not have as much of an issue with this game as I suppose a lot of people may have had. Only real complaint I felt was that Marlowe may have been a bit of an underdeveloped villain. I dont know I just never got the same feel for her as I did Eddy, Lazarevich, Harry Flynn etc. Still game was overall a blast and at the time I felt a justifiable purchase and conclusion to the UC franchise :) Hoping TLOU 2 will put my doubts to shame and do exactly the same.

Holy shit, YEEEEEEEES! Thanks Naughty Dog, this is amazing! I played The Last of Us for the first time in May this year and I absolutely loved it (it's my 2nd favorite game of all time). We could have seen this coming (duh) but this reveal was truly epic! I got goose bumps at the end of the trailer when the logo appeared along with some music from the first game :wub:. I'm so hyped for this!

The Last Of Us gets my vote as the greatest video game ever made and although it is Naughty Dog I still have to wonder if they can outdo the first one. I was going to come on here and say the trailer didn't fill me with hope because right from the start there was cheering which made me think it was going to cut to some stupid shot of a bloodsport arena where Joel or Ellie were fighting but it turns out that was the audience cheering :facepalm: