The Last of Us 2

HaSoOoN-MHD

A bit more information about the game. 

The Last of Us Part 2 will feature Ellie in the lead playable role, creative director Neil Druckmann revealed at PlayStation Experience 2016 today. She’ll take over for Joel, the playable protagonist for the majority of the original game, in Naughty Dog’s sequel.

The second chapter in the franchise will take place a few years after the events of the original game. Ellie is now 19 years old and fueled by hate, a major theme of The Last of UsPart 2, Druckmann said.

Ellie will play differently from Joel, Druckmann said, but said that revealing any more about her “evolution” was risky territory.

Druckmann said that the reason the sequel is specifically named “Part 2” is that it’s a “complementary story to the first game” and that the two games will tell “a much larger story.”

Ellie was playable for a portion of the original The Last of Us and starred in a prequel expansion, The Last of Us: Left Behind.

Sony and Naughty Dog confirmed The Last of Us Part 2 at the end of this morning’s PlayStation Experience keynote showcase. While the game is a long ways off, Druckmann said, more details are promised in the coming months.

Source: Polygon

Sony closed out PlayStation Experience today with a reveal trailer for the long-anticipated The Last of Us Part 2. In it, Ellie sings a folk song and vows revenge. And there’s a special guest star: Joel.

Neil Druckmann, creative director at developer Naughty Dog, said The Last of Us Part 2 is still “early days,” but promised additional details in the coming months.

“I can’t tell you how satisfying it is to finally be able to say that Ellie and Joel are back for another intense, harrowing, and emotional adventure,” Druckmann said on the PlayStation Blog. “Like many of you, we have a deep love for the world of The Last of Us and its characters, and while a sequel may have seemed like a foregone conclusion, that wasn’t the case. We knew that it needed to be a story worth telling and, perhaps more importantly, a story worthy of Joel and Ellie. After spending years on different ideas (and almost giving up), we finally uncovered a story that felt special — a story that evolved into an epic journey.”

READ MORE

SCREEN_TLOU2_Teaser_05.0.jpeg
Ellie’s the main character of The Last of Us Part 2

Joel’s taking a back seat in the sequel

The Last of Us Part 2 has been a sure thing ever since the award-winning hit debuted on PlayStation 3 in 2013 and was remastered for PlayStation 4 in 2014. Nolan North — no, he’s not the voice of Joel, That Other Guy, Troy Baker, is — said in 2015 that he knew for sure TLOU2 was in development.

"For now I know they're doing Last of Us 2, but my character in Last of Us kind of met an untimely demise," North said to an audience member at a Metrocon panel in 2015. North played a relatively minor role in the original game. Baker, on the other hand, said “I don't know if we're gonna do another one or not.”

Source: Polygon

Yep, this game is going to be amazing. 

Parker

• Like 4

I don't know what to feel. The Last of Us is one of my favorite games ever made, but the prospect of a sequel destroys everything that made it so special as a single game. This just comes off as completely unnecessary and more of a cash grab on the fame of the title. The Last of Us does not need a sequel. Ever.

• Like 1

I don't know what to feel. The Last of Us is one of my favorite games ever made, but the prospect of a sequel destroys everything that made it so special as a single game. This just comes off as completely unnecessary and more of a cash grab on the fame of the title. The Last of Us does not need a sequel. Ever.

I'm absolutely with you on this. But it's happening and we have to take solace in the fact that the original creators (minus Bruce Straley) are coming back and that they think they have a story here that's worth telling. Here's what Druckmann had to say about all this:

"So much thought went into this - I know there's trepidation about going back to these characters. We feel that as well. No-one loves these characters more than we do, and we wouldn't do it if we didn't have the right idea. I had ideas with different characters and it didn't feel right. The Last of Us is about these two characters. All I ask is that fans of the first one put some faith in us - we're going to do right by you."

• Like 2

I'm absolutely with you on this. But it's happening and we have to take solace in the fact that the original creators (minus Bruce Straley) are coming back and that they think they have a story here that's worth telling. Here's what Druckmann had to say about all this:

"So much thought went into this - I know there's trepidation about going back to these characters. We feel that as well. No-one loves these characters more than we do, and we wouldn't do it if we didn't have the right idea. I had ideas with different characters and it didn't feel right. The Last of Us is about these two characters. All I ask is that fans of the first one put some faith in us - we're going to do right by you."

I'm glad to hear that. I trust Mr. Druckmann's judgment. I'll wait and see how the game turns out before casting more judgment on it.

• Like 1

With new Uncharted and Crash remaster, 2019 is definitely the earliest possible date.

Plus, they did say on the conference that it's very pre-development video.

They aren't making the Crash remasters and TLL is only a standalone DLC. That being said though, a 2019 date is still accurate.