Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Screenshots, Details & Gameplay Video (Release Date Announced: June 30th, 2017)

Parker

Oh no... They brought over the awful time trials from Crash 2 and 3 into Crash 1.

Ultra rare platinum(s) incoming?

Also worried about the saving.. I hope they aren't just save states. That'd make it way too easy.

Art style is... passable. I quite like the gritty feel of the original compared to the bright and colourful of the remake, but I can live with it.

Really hyped to play these games.

Time Trials were never in 2. 

I would wager a single list. I feel that if this is a tit for tat type of trilogy, 3 platinums is excessive for the content. And three non platinum lists is stupid.

I think there's enough content there in all three games for each to have a Plat. 

I new something was up when they put Crash Bandicoot in Skylanders. I had a feeling they were going to bring him back into the playstation world where he belongs. That aside the remaster looks great let's hope the gameplay is not terrible(I highly doubt it will be terrible) and trophies are not glitched and easy to challenging but not overly difficult.

Feel free to prove me wrong, but wasn't Crash announced as being in Skylanders simultaneously with the remake?

Fuck. Yes.

I get to introduce my anklebiters so some of the finest platform games ever.

A little disappointed by the lack of Vita support, but the shiny graphics more than makes up for that.

Feel free to prove me wrong, but wasn't Crash announced as being in Skylanders simultaneously with the remake?

The E3 reveal was just Crash in Skylanders Imaginators. That alone would have been a huge disappointment, but this trilogy announcement is teh stink.

Fuck. Yes.

I get to introduce my anklebiters so some of the finest platform games ever.

A little disappointed by the lack of Vita support, but the shiny graphics more than makes up for that.

The E3 reveal was just Crash in Skylanders Imaginators. That alone would have been a huge disappointment, but this trilogy announcement is teh stink.

No, the remaster was teased at E3, too.

Time Trials were never in 2. 

I think there's enough content there in all three games for each to have a Plat. 

They weren't in 2, but does anyone remember the time limit to get the yellow gem? Holy s***t.

I just really hope that if there is a trophy for getting all the gems in Crash 1, they make the gem requirements the same as in Crash 2 and 3 where you just have to collect every box and not have to worry about dying.

And where would the challenge be? i prefer they would leave it as it was in the original, sure we would rage a lot but i don't want where the platinum in this game would be the same as getting a silver/gold trophy. Platinum you gotta earn it

This looks better than I expected it to be. First I was sceptical about the whole thing but it turns out to be just as I imagened it. Even the polished menu looks great.

I hope though they haven't changed the whole save concept of the first game and made it too easy. One thing I loved about the first game was how tense it became as soon as you hit the secret stage and knew you are not supposed to fuck it up. Especially in the later stages the bonus rounds were insane at the first try.

A great addition too would be if they added one or two completely new levels to each game, but I'm pretty sure that's very unlikely to happen.

Edited by MAGIC_ALONSO11

I'd like to see the opinions of most people, from this website, if the remastered games don't have a platinum trophy. So far it's only praise and hype...

The games could release without a trophy list at all and I'd still be happy as a clam. A platinum (or three) would be welcome, but for me they certainly aren't required for a good time. 

Parker

• Like 4

I just really hope that if there is a trophy for getting all the gems in Crash 1, they make the gem requirements the same as in Crash 2 and 3 where you just have to collect every box and not have to worry about dying.

And where would the challenge be? i prefer they would leave it as it was in the original, sure we would rage a lot but i don't want where the platinum in this game would be the same as getting a silver/gold trophy. Platinum you gotta earn it

It is like that in the remaster

This guy dies in the video but still gets the "You missed x boxes!" screen, whereas in the original it would've just cut back to the overworld.

Also, bonus game boxes are now necessary.

Not sure how I feel about this tbh... It does feel like they're taking the challenge out, but then they're also adding in time trials to make it harder, so... why not leave box counting the way it was and have time trials?

• Like 1

I'd like to see the opinions of most people, from this website, if the remastered games don't have a platinum trophy. So far it's only praise and hype...

The presence of a platinum trophy doesn't correlate with a game's praise and/or hype you know? Even if this is a trophy site, it's a completely separate subject.

It is like that in the remaster

This guy dies in the video but still gets the "You missed x boxes!" screen, whereas in the original it would've just cut back to the overworld.

Also, bonus game boxes are now necessary.

Not sure how I feel about this tbh... It does feel like they're taking the challenge out, but then they're also adding in time trials to make it harder, so... why not leave box counting the way it was and have time trials?

That gameplay video is fantastic, I'm going to add that to the OP. 

Parker

I don't understand why here many doubt about the platinum is quite obvious it will have it, almost all remastered had it and here they even add Time Trials, so i guess it's quite obvious how the Gold for the games will be to complete the games, get all the gems and complete all time trials (That i'm curious in the first one especially some levels are so hard already taking time Oh god speedrunning the clouds and falling the bridge at the end....) + Maybe even completing the bonus secret levels in Crash 2&3.

At least that's my Thinking, as Said above i'm just so happy to play it again i won't even care about trophies the first run :3

So, these games are suppose to be releasing sometime next year right? I mean, I didn't see a 2017 date anywhere, but I am assuming so, based upon gameplay with what has been done with the games so far, at least the first one anyway.

Yeah the trailer said 2017. Can't wait! :D

The presence of a platinum trophy doesn't correlate with a game's praise and/or hype you know? Even if this is a trophy site, it's a completely separate subject.

Have you ever seen a thread like "Thoughts on trophies" in this website? If so most people will be disappointed if a game doesn't come with a trophy list that includes one platinum trophy, take Resident Evil 4 ps4 version, for example.

EDIT: what am I talking about... you even dropped a like on the post saying "No plat no buy".

I too don't have to get a platinum trophy to enjoy a game but loads of people do and that's why I said I'd be curious to see if the praise for the remaster shown on this topic would still be the same on the "Trophy thoughts" topic.

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

Have you ever seen a thread like "Thoughts on trophies" in this website? If so most people will be disappointed if a game doesn't come with a trophy list that includes one platinum trophy, take Resident Evil 4 ps4 version, for example.

EDIT: what am I talking about... you even dropped a like on the post saying "No plat no buy".

I too don't have to get a platinum trophy to enjoy a game but loads of people do and that's why I said I'd be curious to see if the praise for the remaster shown on this topic would still be the same on the "Trophy thoughts" topic.

Well yeah, of course. This is a trophy community, so no big surprise there. But it seemed to me like you were suggesting everyone that is hyped for this Crash collection is only doing so knowing a platinum will be included, when actually it's because these are memories of childhood making a comeback. This topic is about the game, a trophy thoughts topic is about the trophies so it's logical that someone could have two differing opinions on each thread, i.e. "The game looks amazing" but also "aww the trophies are disappointing". I admit the "no plat, no buy" ethos is extreme but in RE4's case I feel it's perfectly valid if you've already played the game on PS2, PS3 etc. It's been released so many times on so many platforms there's not much point in getting it on PS4 for a lot of people.