Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Screenshots, Details & Gameplay Video (Release Date Announced: June 30th, 2017)

Parker

12 hours ago, Arkthur said:

Never said they wre afraid of competing against it. But it's only natural to avoid releasing platformers at the same time; Y-L might not be as high profile as Crash, but some people care a lot about that game because it also draws from nostalgia.

Meh i would agree if Both of the games were Sony Exclusive releases but since T-L is a Multi-Platform that will be out on every console i don't think it really mattered/Influenced Crash release in any way on Ps4, even because April and pratically July are not so close :P 

6 hours ago, Salvia_93 said:

just curious, are this crash bandicoot trilogy will have 3 platinum trophy?

More Than likely Yeah, every trilogy has a Plat for Each Title.

But still no trophy list (We Don't have Any image on Crash 3 and just 1 Here above of Crash 2 after all), probably we'll know that for May/June a couple of weeks before the release

So I guess this is a timed exclusive. I get that Sony doesn't own the IP anymore, but since the original trilogy were PS1 exclusives I assumed this would be exclusive as well. 

I guess it sucks for Sony that this isn't a full blown exclusive, but going multiplatform means the game will sell more copies which increases the chances of Acitivision giving us more Crash.

Edited by ratchetdude231

17 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:
I get that Sony doesn't own the IP anymore.

Sony never owned the IP. They only ever had publishing rights of the first three, and CTR I believe. Universal owned the IP, which Activision acquired and remains with.

How the publishing rights would carry over to this no one knew, The games are virtually recreated from the originals, just with some quality of life changes. And we still don't because PR people get shit wrong all the time.

Otherwise we'd be playing Type-0 on Vita... and Digimon World: Next Order on Vita [and that wasn't from some minor division like Ireland is to PlayStation, but Bandai Namco's EU division!]

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

So I guess this is a timed exclusive. I get that Sony doesn't own the IP anymore, but since the original trilogy were PS1 exclusives I assumed this would be exclusive as well. 

I guess it sucks for Sony that this isn't a full blown exclusive, but going multiplatform means the game will sell more copies which increases the chances of Acitivision giving us more Crash.

This is the first I've heard about the timed exclusivity. I assumed it was going to be a full-blown exclusive. It's not the first time Crash has been on other consoles, but it just feels... wrong. :S

5 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Sony never owned the IP. They only ever had publishing rights of the first three, and CTR I believe. Universal owned the IP, which Activision acquired and remains with.

How the publishing rights would carry over to this no one knew, The games are virtually recreated from the originals, just with some quality of life changes. And we still don't because PR people get shit wrong all the time.

Otherwise we'd be playing Type-0 on Vita... and Digimon World: Next Order on Vita [and that wasn't from some minor division like Ireland is to PlayStation, but Bandai Namco's EU division!]

Completely forgot they never owned the IP to begin with. Still weird though that the remakes of the PS1 trilogy are going to be on other platforms at some point.

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

This is the first I've heard about the timed exclusivity. I assumed it was going to be a full-blown exclusive. It's not the first time Crash has been on other consoles, but it just feels... wrong. :S

Yeah it really does. I assumed it was going to be exclusive especially since that Skylanders Crash thing was PS4 exclusive too I believe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

Completely forgot they never owned the IP to begin with. Still weird though that the remakes of the PS1 trilogy are going to be on other platforms at some point.

Did you even read my comment? We don't know that for sure.

PR people get things wrong all the time. I gave two prime examples. Bamco's EU division announcing the PS4 and Vita versions of Digimon World: Next Order, then not, then doing it again, then confirming it's just the PS4 version. And EU is one of their biggest divisions. Where as PlayStation Ireland... is PS Ireland. About as useful as PlayStation Canada. In that they are not.

And SE's PR submitting to the PS Blog that FF Type-0 was coming to PS4 and Vita... except, it wasn't coming to Vita. Obviously.

We don't know what it's doing for sure.

BAH, That's so fuckin' sad and stupid to read, nowadays for Money SH really makes everything, then i'll guess it will be out even on PC and Nintendo Switch and probably Boxone being activision.....

Oh well Anyway i learned to actually Not care where a game is until is on Ps where i can play it i'm happy with that.

11 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

9 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

BAH, That's so fuckin' sad and stupid to read, nowadays for Money SH really makes everything, then i'll guess it will be out even on PC and Nintendo Switch and probably Boxone being activision.....

It did not escape my attention with this news of it being timed, that IF Crash would come to the Switch, that would mean once again (Crash has been on Nintendo systems before) that a Nintendo console is the one place where the three classic mascots - Mario, Sonic, Crash - can all be found, thanks to Crash not being exclusive, Sega not making their own consoles any more and Nintendo refusing to let their characters turn to other systems than their own (and rightly so).

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

It did not escape my attention with this news of it being timed, that IF Crash would come to the Switch, that would mean once again (Crash has been on Nintendo systems before) that a Nintendo console is the one place where the three classic mascots - Mario, Sonic, Crash - can all be found, thanks to Crash not being exclusive, Sega not making their own consoles any more and Nintendo refusing to let their characters turn to other systems than their own (and rightly so).

It's weird how all three current gen consoles have the most famous platformers coming out or released on them.

3 minutes ago, FlareXV said:

It's weird how all three current gen consoles have the most famous platformers coming out or released on them.

Not really my point... My point was that these characters were the basis of much fan-fighting back in the day but now snugly fit on the same machine. It's a development that probably nobody saw coming twenty years ago.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

Not really my point... My point was that these characters were the basis of much fan-fighting back in the day but now snugly fit on the same machine. It's a development that probably nobody saw coming twenty years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I know what you was talking about. I just mentioned that it was weird seeing all three current consoles having banjo, sonic, Mario, ratchet on their specific console.

• Like 1

Just now, FlareXV said:

Don't get me wrong, I know what you was talking about. I just mentioned that it was weird seeing all three current consoles having banjo, sonic, Mario, ratchet on their specific console.

My bad, I misread it as sarcasm.

Speaking of Banjo... I hated it back in the day when Nintendo just let Rare leave to Microsoft. These days I understand that there was more at work there (and Rare not making a single game I enjoyed after Conker's Bad Fur Day that wasn't a handheld port of one of their earlier games shows how right Nintendo was to let them go), but I still feel like it's bad that Microsoft now gets to hold on to the IPs Conker, Banjo and Jet Force Gemini. Just think of how awesome a Rare Replay title for the Switch could be, adding the SNES and N64 Donkey Kongs and GoldenEye and Diddy Kong Racing...

But yeah I think that looking back, video games as well as movies have gone through a bit of a dork age that they're now crawling out of, with the return of good old-fashioned fun. Games with long running icons like Zelda and Sonic are less being created as a rehash of what came before and more of a celebration of nostalgia, while updating where necessary.

Man, Crash looks awesome in the N.Sane Trilogy. While I'm wary of the N.Sane Trilogy coming to other consoles, I will try to get this during June to relive my childhood in glorious HD and remastered graphics and features with added ones.

Question though, will it have a platinum trophy for N.Sane Trilogy or will there be three seperate platinum trophies for all three games?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2017 at 0:22 PM, Sora9427 said:

More Than likely Yeah, every trilogy has a Plat for Each Title.

But still no trophy list (We Don't have Any image on Crash 3 and just 1 Here above of Crash 2 after all), probably we'll know that for May/June a couple of weeks before the release

The KH trilogies didn't have a plat for each title. 358/2 Days, re:coded and Birth by Sleep 0.2 didn't have platinums. Back Cover doesn't even have trophies.

39 minutes ago, madbuk said:

The KH trilogies didn't have a plat for each title. 358/2 Days, re:coded and Birth by Sleep 0.2 didn't have platinums. Back Cover doesn't even have trophies.

Yeah and?

You quoted 3 Titles that are only Videos to watch that's why they gave 100% instead of plats, the main ones KH, KH II; BBS And 3D have plats.

Plus that is square and this is Activision, each SH reason and give Plats or trophies in a different way; an example are Rocket league and Disc jam two similar type of games just different sports but one has a plat the other one a short 100%.

1 minute ago, Sora9427 said:

Yeah and?

You quoted 3 Titles that are only Videos to watch that's why they gave 100% instead of plats, the main ones KH, KH II; BBS And 3D have plats.

Plus that is square and this is Activision, each SH reason and give Plats or trophies in a different way; an example are Rocket league and Disc jam two similar type of games just different sports but one has a plat the other one a short 100%.

BBS 0.2 isn't a video, and honestly I don't think Crash games have enough content to warrant 3 plats. Either 1 combined list of all 3 with 1 plat, or 3 100% lists are what I think they should have, but I'm expecting 3 platinums anyway because platinums continue to lose their value by being stuck onto games like I Am Mayo.

7 minutes ago, madbuk said:

BBS 0.2 isn't a video, and honestly I don't think Crash games have enough content to warrant 3 plats. Either 1 combined list of all 3 with 1 plat, or 3 100% lists are what I think they should have, but I'm expecting 3 platinums anyway because platinums continue to lose their value by being stuck onto games like I Am Mayo.

Ah if you say so in my opinion between normal gems, colored ones, Story trophies, Secret levels in games like the Second one or the Third one and this kind of stuff 3 30 Trophies with Plat lists are rpetty Doable (Let's add the Time trials for the third one and if they're jerks the Plat ones that are Really ahrd even with power ups).

So i don't udnerstand why you can't see them, there's a lot of stuff to do and they could add stuff like "Defeat Papu Papu withou taking Damage" or "Don't let Polar Die through a level" and this kind fo stuff if they want (Or complete all the Bonus levels for the Bandicoot girl or Brio in the first crash) , there's a lot.

Mayo is alway up to the developpers, They've decided to put a plat there (Knowing it ouldn't have sold nothing otherwise); Disc Jam out since 3 days doesn't have one. Or even checking the recent lists 2Dark has 15 trophies and no plat while blue rider has 14 Trophies and a Plat example that it's up to the developpers choose the trophies in the game, not to sony or to us.