Nier: Automata Black Box Edition

ShadowStar83x

Was Nier really popular enough to warrant that price?

In Japan it's very popular, but yeah I'm surprised Automata is getting the super duper special edition treatment in the west. The original Nier was a cult-classic outside of Japan and I was (pleasantly) surprised that Automata was even getting localized.

The only thing I'm guessing is that fans of the RPG genre are more likely to go for these big special editions so that's why they green-lit this one.

Edited by Death_Ninja

I thought about buying this before, but now seeing the price this is such a rip-off. The figurine looks fancy but it's so small. Full height is 15 cm, seriously? The rest of the stuff is pretty basic too, like those things are in every collector's edition ever only much cheaper. I can't even begin to think why this costs $190.

Edited by Theladozz

I don't know if it's worth that price.. if that was a Play Arts Kai.. then sure.  But it's not listed as one and I'm not setting myself up for another figure that Heavensward Collector's Edition had.. was a nice sculpt and all, but not worth the money.

Game = $60

Soundtrack = $10

DLC = $5

Steelbook = $5

Hardback Artbook = $20

Figure = $25

Collector's Box = $15

$Max value of this edition is $150, $160 if you wanna put more value on a 6 inch figure. Plus, bundles are usually supposed to save you money, not make you spend extra. Well, unless the bundle is the Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition for Saints Row IV.

Game = $60

Soundtrack = $10

DLC = $5

Steelbook = $5

Hardback Artbook = $20

Figure = $25

Collector's Box = $15

$Max value of this edition is $150, $160 if you wanna put more value on a 6 inch figure. Plus, bundles are usually supposed to save you money, not make you spend extra. Well, unless the bundle is the Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition for Saints Row IV.

I think you're undervaluing that figure. If it was sold separately, I would pay waaaay more than $25 for it. When you add it up like that, it actually seems like pretty good value to me. :P

In Japan it's very popular, but yeah I'm surprised Automata is getting the super duper special edition treatment in the west. The original Nier was a cult-classic outside of Japan and I was (pleasantly) surprised that Automata was even getting localized.

The only thing I'm guessing is that fans of the RPG genre are more likely to go for these big special editions so that's why they green-lit this one.

Not really surprising. PlatinumGames' software sells 2:1 when western versus eastern sales are compared. It would be moronic to keep this game in one region.