Is it worth tracking down a code for this game if I didn't preorder from GameStop?

I can't seem to find info on this ever being for sale in the store, so I thought I'd ask some people who've played it first. It's currently selling for around $20 (or more) on eBay. Is it worth tracking down a code?

I'm definitely a big Final Fantasy fan, but I don't necessarily need every scrap of Final Fantasy content. 

No. I wouldn't buy it for $20.  Best you can do is wait and hope it comes available to PSN eventually.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I read that it was pretty short, so I was leaning toward "no" after seeing prices on eBay. I can't imagine this will be permanently locked behind the pre-order wall.

You can just purchase and return the game(FFXV) at a GameStop. You didn't have to pre-order to get the code. It's GameStop's weird twists they have. I've personally rung people up for the game who didn't pre-order it and the code prints at the bottom with no issue what so ever.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

I mainly wonder how people were meant to get this game in Europe... or the Netherlands at that, we don't exactly have a GameStop and I've not been able to find other places that deliver a code. So I do expect it to pop up on the PS Store at some point soon.

I mainly wonder how people were meant to get this game in Europe... or the Netherlands at that, we don't exactly have a GameStop and I've not been able to find other places that deliver a code. So I do expect it to pop up on the PS Store at some point soon.

Not sure about all of Europe, but amazon Germany was offering the code as a pre-order bonus. Of course it's not available anymore. ^^'

I don't know about any other shops offering it in Europe too though....

Edited by WellminaAstor
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In my case the code came with 'Day One' edition of FFXV, not as a pre-order bonus, but as a part of the edition (along with Masamune).
I live in Russia, so I don't know if only Russian 'Day One' editions have the code, or it's like this in some other countries.

On 3.1.2017 at 3:43 PM, ruscsi_da said:

In my case the code came with 'Day One' edition of FFXV, not as a pre-order bonus, but as a part of the edition (along with Masamune).
I live in Russia, so I don't know if only Russian 'Day One' editions have the code, or it's like this in some other countries.

Seems that it's different for each country, the only thing I got with the Day One Edition was the code for Masamune, all other codes came directly from amazon and were not included with the game. I was quite happy that they were offering the code for A King's Tale as a pre-order bonus, I wouldn't know anywhere else to get it otherwise.

Edited by WellminaAstor

Depends on the price, I think it's worth $5-$7 if you like the genre and aren't simply wanting it for the trophies. I have put about 5 hours into it so far going after all the dream world challenges. I expect to be finished getting 100% around the 7 or 8 hour mark depending if I run into any issues with the challenges.

The story mode is fun for what it is, a side scroller Beatem Up style game like the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games on the old Nintendo Systems, where you play as Noctis's father with a group of side characters like in the main FFXV (One is Cid, another is Gladiolus's father). I think my playthrough of the story mode lasted around 1 hour and 30 minutes, but I wasn't really keeping track exactly.

The Dream World Challenges are levels that you beat, where you get a ranking (A+, A-, B+, etc) based on your time, how much damage you take, combos, etc. There's one optional objective for each of the 25 levels, that's where the actual difficulty can take effect. Nothing earth shattering hard (at least yet). But some have taken me 10-15 or so attempts while some I get on the first try. Still have 10 more to go.

Probably the best preorder bonus I've ever had, at least Top 3. Some games have offered previous games in the series as preorder bonuses which are great, but for bonuses that offer new content it's one of the best. Better than just a sword or player skin.

If you do have a copy and weren't going to play it, I think it's a nice small game to try since it's free and plays and controls great.

Edited by morningwood140

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2016 at 5:30 PM, Caesar Clown said:

It has trophies, it's going to be put up for sale on the PS Store eventually, you just have to wait.

Just having trophies means nothing.

They shut down games that have trophies.

They released games with trophies as bonuses to movie Blu-Rays.

They even released one game with trophies in a super limited quantity before games also being available digitally was a thing.

On 19-2-2017 at 2:20 PM, mcnichoj said:

They released games with trophies as bonuses to movie Blu-Rays.

They even released one game with trophies in a super limited quantity before games also being available digitally was a thing.

What are these games?

On 3/2/2017 at 6:17 AM, Klart said:

What are these games?

-Top Gun

-Macross (Trial Frontier and Last Frontier, then I think a third one 2012?)

-.hack

Then for the limited releases you have the whole Gravure Idolm@ster series but even more specifically that I had in mind is the Clannad: Tomyo After game which was sold at maybe one or a few anime events. Like it initially wasn't sold in actual game stores. Why? Who knows. The Xbox 360 version was sold in actual shops (or at least the ones that carry 360 games there.) and it wasn't till years later that the game became available digitally. PS3 copies at one point fetched a high price.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...