Knack 2 Trailer

snakebit10

I'm thrilled. I loved Knack, unironically. The series has immense potential, and I can see a lot of improvements from just that trailer alone.

So you had a real B)  knack for it??? 

And didn't the first game sell kinda poorly with generally mixed reviews? Didn't get to play it myself but Metacritic has it at a 54/100 from 83 critics and a 6.5/10 from 1070 player reviews. Hopefully they took the long time between these two games to improve on the good qualities of the original and remove the bad ones. 

So you had a real B)  knack for it??? 

And didn't the first game sell kinda poorly with generally mixed reviews? Didn't get to play it myself but Metacritic has it at a 54/100 from 83 critics and a 6.5/10 from 1070 player reviews. Hopefully they took the long time between these two games to improve on the good qualities of the original and remove the bad ones. 

Sold over a million iirc, though it was packed in with the PS4 in Japan so some of that is inflated. Since also iirc they included those sales.

And yes it was trashed by reviews, harshly. Sure it's not the best game ever, it's extremely simple in design. But it's polished simplicity. To be honest, I think most reviewers put the game on easy, plowed through it to hit deadlines and the game *is* really boring and lame on easy. But it's fairly challenging, in a fair way, on higher difficulties. As a result, more engaging and fun. No way is it as bad as some make it out to be.

Edited by Elvick_

I didn't see a thread for it yet and thought I would post it.

What does everyone think of a new Knack game? I have the first one but I haven't got around to playing it yet.

I have mixed feelings about the first game. So much potential, but the rng kills it, as well as not having long-range attacks.

I absolutely loved the first and am so glad it's getting a sequel, amazing co-op game.

Hopefully closer to release there will be an influx of players to the first one, and diamond Knack via friends may be easier, because it's pretty well the only fucking thing holding me back from platting that sucker for nearly 3 years now.

I always wanted to try the first game and know why it has so much hate (don't worry, i know that a lot of people also praised it and i'm pretty much the type to try something out myself if it has mixed opinions and decide for myself) and now i have more the reason to do so!

Also that song choice...good job xD

Edited by YaoiGod

I absolutely loved the first and am so glad it's getting a sequel, amazing co-op game.

Hopefully closer to release there will be an influx of players to the first one, and diamond Knack via friends may be easier, because it's pretty well the only fucking thing holding me back from platting that sucker for nearly 3 years now.

I'm the same as you, loved playing the first one in co-op. I'm pretty hyped for this game

With regards to diamond knack you are out of luck. You cannot get diamond relics via friends. Just gotta grind it out yourself unfortunately. It took me 5 playthroughs in the end. That damned RNG almost spoiled the whole game

I'm the same as you, loved playing the first one in co-op. I'm pretty hyped for this game

With regards to diamond knack you are out of luck. You cannot get diamond relics via friends. Just gotta grind it out yourself unfortunately. It took me 5 playthroughs in the end. That damned RNG almost spoiled the whole game

Oh really? Well, that actually might help. Knowing there's no loophole might push me over the edge into the grind some day.

I mean, not soon, because too many other games, but sometime before number 2 comes out. Cheers for that!

I'm honestly just shocked this is actually a thing. I thought the general consensus is that the first game was mediocre at best. I know it sold well, but it was a launch title, and there really wasn't much to choose from. I was starting to forget Knack ever even existed, and I was hoping Sony did too. :P There are far better games that deserve a sequel way more than this. I'm sure this will be a better game than the first one, but I don't think that matters. I don't see how this will do anything but flop.

I'm glad they haven't given up on this kind of game, even though the first installment clearly could have been better (which at that time wasn't much of a problem seeing how there were next to no other exclusive titles for PS4 in the first year^^).

If they improve the less than optimal aspects (the grinding for example or the frustratingly idiotic removal of Knack's powers whenever he hasn't been in his weakest state for more than five minutes), the sequel could actually be interesting.

I remember a time elsewhere in the internet, when the PS4 had come out and I felt like I was the only one singing praises for this game.

They always said this to me.

Now I'm worried they'll say I have a Knack for this 2.

DAAAAAAAAAMN, he saw my pun and raised me 2. You sir, have the koalafications, and my respect