Airborne cannons challenge

bodek39

I dont have white and after hit red marker only in this section of the game, the game not counting kills. I watched all youtube videos and all guys have markers. Someone have same problem?

Yes, I had this. Not sure if it was changed when the patch was released because I was thinking the same as you, it was a problem and it wasn't registering hits - hence why I couldn't do it.

Took me quite a few tries, but eventually got it (following the method used in the youtube videos).

• 1 month later...

Credit for this goes to DavisPT from the playstationtrophies.org BF 1 forum who was the first one I saw to mention this. Doing the following apparently fixes the hit marker issue and makes the challenge significantly--significantly--easier if you have the disc version of the game: First, back up your save (not necessary, but putting this first so no one blames me if they screw things up, lol). Play the game unpatched by deleting existing game data (but not your save), disconnect from the internet, and restart the game. Allow it to install till you can start the mission, and then basically do what's shown in the youtube videos.

Several people have confirmed that this seems to work. I tried without success for ~1.5 hours with the patch, got it first try without. Apparently one of the patches nerfed AA damage, making it much harder to shoot down planes. After you do this challenge you should be able to patch your game back up to 1.05 without issue, although I chose to do the field guns challenge in Over the Top before patching as well since I heard there might be issues post-patch.

tl;dr - Play the game unpatched to make this challenge easier.

Hope this helps, and good luck.