Trophy support patch for San Andreas PS2 port?

Does anybody know if the trophies available for San Andreas are available for the slightly older San Andreas PS2 port via a patch? I know Sony has done this before. Any thoughts on whether they will? Or if you know of a patch, I'd love to hear. Don't want to buy a third copy (PS2, PS2 port, now "PS3") if I don't have to.

The PS3 version has trophies, R* has released another version of SA into the PS2 classics section, that does NOT support trophies only the PS3 version does. 

EDIT: I highly recommend you don't purchase the PS3 version. When i played it it was basically unplayable because of the drastic frame rate drops. If you have a PS4 then i suggest you get that version instead. 

Edited by EternalChaos72
  • Like 1

They aren't available via a patch; which is the purpose of the re-release version, and I highly unlikely believe a trophy patch will be made available to any of the "PS2 classic" version games on PS3

If you want trophy support, then unfortunately you'll have to dip into your wallet to either get the PS3 re-release version or the PS4 emulated version :)

Edited by SkyesUnholy

Sony hasn't done this before. None of the "PS2 Classics" range of games that are only playable on the PS3 have ever had a patch adding trophies.

thanks for the clarification. I thought they had added trophy support to games that existed prior to trophies. Maybe the distinction is with PS2 vs PS3.

They aren't available via a patch; which is the purpose of the re-release version, and I highly unlikely believe a trophy patch will be made available to any of the "PS2 classic" version games on PS3

If you want trophy support, then unfortunately you'll have to dip into your wallet to either get the PS3 re-release version or the PS4 emulated version :)

which version do you recommend?

The PS3 version has trophies, R* has released another version of SA into the PS2 classics section, that does NOT support trophies only the PS3 version does. 

EDIT: I highly recommend you don't purchase the PS3 version. When i played it it was basically unplayable because of the drastic frame rate drops. If you have a PS4 then i suggest you get that version instead.

I appreciate the recommendation.
  • Like 1

which version do you recommend?

Well a factor that you can decide for yourself is if you prefer physical copies of games over digital; the PS3 version actually has a physical copy while the PS4 version doesn't. But, if you want the true PS2 feeling of the game, I'd go with the PS4 version. The PS3 version is a port of the mobile version of the game and can feel weird when you first play the game but you'd get used to it, at least that's how I felt :P

I'd certainly say PS4 version over PS3 if possible. While I had no frame rate issues with the PS3 version as some have mentioned, the audio sounded horrible. It would cut out randomly for no reason and sound real scratchy like. Only advantage it has over the PS4 version is its slightly easier with check points and such.

I did have a couple problems with the PS4 version, but I believe they were present in the original game. CJ wouldn't move and none of the other buttons worked. However start (touch pad on PS2 emulation) did so I just reloaded my game. Just make sure to keep your saves up to date just incase.

If the PS4 version is just the same PS2 version but adding trophies, go for that version because the PS3 version is bugged af.
My game crashed when I was collecting the cars to export them and get the trophy by exporting all of them.

Just imagine my anger.

• Like 1