Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Edit: And I'm going to try to have Ray Gigant done by then. Not supposed to be a very long game, so hopefully I can finish it in 3 weeks. 

Added it to your list. And if you can do this:

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

P4G should always take precedence over other games. What is wrong with you!? I got the Plat in less than 2 weeks, though, so you still have plenty of time. 

then you will surely have no problem to get the plat for Ray Gigant.  :P

10 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Don't have a game planned yet. Maybe I'll try HDN Re;Birth2. Will be busy in the next week though. I think I can manage it...maybe.

Added it to your list. If you use a guide to get the endings in a best possible way it shouldn't take too long. The only problem is Stella's dungeon which came right out of mobile gaming hell and forces you wait several real time hours for some dungeons.

Haha. Well, the difference is, P4G is one of the greatest games I've ever played. Couldn't put it down. And I played my Vita a lot more back then, before I got my PS4/HDTV. :/ 

But I should be able to finish it. Want it off my memory card, too, so I can download Neptunia U and Blanc + Neptune vs. Zombies. So that's extra motivation. ;) I suck terribly at that rhythm minigame for SBM, though.. Gonna take a lot of practice for that gold trophy.

9 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Haha. Well, the difference is, P4G is one of the greatest games I've ever played. Couldn't put it down. And I played my Vita a lot more back then, before I got my PS4/HDTV. :/

Personally I don't have a problem to get a good balance between my Vita- and my PS4-sessions. The biggest problem child is my PS3. I barely used in the last few months, yet it is still the console with the biggest backlog. :|

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Personally I don't have a problem to get a good balance between my Vita- and my PS4-sessions. The biggest problem child is my PS3. I barely used in the last few months, yet it is still the console with the biggest backlog. :|

Even my PS3 sees more action than my Vita. It's mostly the TV. 40 inches compared to 5 inches. Until my PS4 required one, I'd never played a game on an HDTV before. I can't go back to standard definition, now. :lol:

20 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Nah, I don't keep a separate list of people's original choices. The db I use only reflects the current state. :D Didn't thought about adding some kind of basic revision history for this type of event. xD

But I found your original post:

Mutant Blobs Attack on Vita is definitely the best version. I 100%ed it on Vita, PS3 and Steam and I enjoyed the Vita-version most. Severed is also a nice choice. You can't do anything wrong with that one.

BTW: Updated the status.

Thanks for digging up my post. I definitely won't be finishing any of my original list in time, besides Superdimension Neptune. 

Can I add Severed and Mutant Blobs Attack as "maybes"? What happens if we have a game on our list and don't finish it in time? Will you be sending Plutia around to punish those folks? :P

Anyway, I started Severed and I am fairly confident in adding that to my list. As for Mutant Blobs Attack, I got several of the hard trophies out of the way the first time through the game, but I checked yesterday and at least half of the levels don't have a gold medal for completion score. That one will probably be the tough part for me. 

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I have the same problem, but I also have a second PS3 in my basement office connected to my computer monitor. My computer chair isn't quite as comfy as my couch, but I find that having the PS3 in a dedicated room makes it easier to leave the PS4 alone and "force" myself to play PS3 games in my backlog. It also helps since the upstairs TV is often in use and most PS3 games don't support Remote Play. :)  I'm still working on those games but I'm slowly knocking a few of them out. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

18 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I think you can do it.  You got about 3 weeks and the game is very doable to plat in about a week.

Under normal circumstances I'd be very confident in doing it, but I'm working on Rise of the Tomb Raider (and then probably starting Kingdom Hearts 2.8 right away) for another challenge when I'm at home and only playing Ys on my train rides to/from work (if I get a seat), so it's going to take some time. Unless I knock out TR super fast, I think it'll be kinda tight to get Ys done on time.

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thanks for digging up my post. I definitely won't be finishing any of my original list in time, besides Superdimension Neptune. 

Can I add Severed and Mutant Blobs Attack as "maybes"? What happens if we have a game on our list and don't finish it in time? Will you be sending Plutia around to punish those folks? :P

Updated your list.

And I haven't spend any thoughts on possible punishments. Is that a requirement for events? :hmm:

Maybe I will gift everyone that won't complete his/her list a special compilation with nice tunes like this:

Spoiler

or this:

Spoiler

Nah, if one won't finish the list it's okay. But that would make Uni sad:

Uni_Sad_2.gif

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Updated your list.

And I haven't spend any thoughts on possible punishments. Is that a requirement for events? :hmm:

Maybe I will gift everyone that won't complete his/her list a special compilation with nice tunes like this:

Reveal hidden contents

or this:

Reveal hidden contents

Making Uni sad is a crime! To paraphrase Moff Jerjerrod, I shall double my efforts!

Spoiler

Also, I never listen to the radio (I listen to my own MP3 collection), and songs like "Sorry" are why. When I do have the stupidity to turn on the radio, I'll hear a song like that and despite it being everything I hate about modern pop, it sticks in my head and takes days to go away. :devil:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Also, I never listen to the radio (I listen to my own MP3 collection), and songs like "Sorry" are why. When I do have the stupidity to turn on the radio, I'll hear a song like that and despite it being everything I hate about modern pop, it sticks in my head and takes days to go away. :devil:

At least he won't torture us with something like this...

Spoiler

Now I gotta clear my history again. :|

2 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

At least he won't torture us with something like this...

Reveal hidden contents

Now I gotta clear my history again. :|

Torture? Even if you don't like the music, the music video is one of the most "interesting" of all time. :P

Also, I will neither confirm nor deny that my MP3 collection includes that piece of fine art... :ninja:

Edited by MosesRockefeller

On January 30, 2017 at 1:58 PM, DamagingRob said:

giphy.gif

P4G should always take precedence over other games. What is wrong with you!? I got the Plat in less than 2 weeks, though, so you still have plenty of time. 

Edit: And I'm going to try to have Ray Gigant done by then. Not supposed to be a very long game, so hopefully I can finish it in 3 weeks. 

Oh, I think I'll get it. I'm not worried yet.

anyway, Amnesia is now ready to pop. That't two down, three to go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Uni_Sad_2.gif

Well I was fully intending on completing my list anyway, but now I HAVE to finish it, we can't make Uni sad now can we? (Which reminds me, I really need to start HDN mk2 soon)

• Like 1

So, another update (I promise not to spam beyond this):

• All of Adventures of Mana, Amnesia and Megatagmension are ready to pop. 3 down!
  • got back into the swing of Persona 4 just this morning
  • started Code: Realize last night. Interesting premise so far. Also, I love the disclaimer that the characters in the game are not meant to represent any other characters, 'cuz I'm pretty sure that Victor Frankenstein, Arsene Lupin, etc. have pretty solid representations in literature. :lol:

52 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, another update (I promise not to spam beyond this):

• All of Adventures of Mana, Amnesia and Megatagmension are ready to pop. 3 down!
  • got back into the swing of Persona 4 just this morning
  • started Code: Realize last night. Interesting premise so far. Also, I love the disclaimer that the characters in the game are not meant to represent any other characters, 'cuz I'm pretty sure that Victor Frankenstein, Arsene Lupin, etc. have pretty solid representations in literature. :lol:

I don't mind if you post those updates. It's better than all those silent lurkers who joined the event and never gave a list or so. Right, @Dragon-Archon? :P

(oh shit, I hope I have fire-proof armor around...) And it's nothing personal, you were just a good example. Really...

And congrats with the progress.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I don't mind if you post those updates. It's better than all those silent lurkers who joined the event and never gave a list or so. Right, @Dragon-Archon? :P

(oh shit, I hope I have fire-proof armor around...) And it's nothing personal, you were just a good example. Really...

I uh ... am keeping it a surprise?

Let's test that armour out to be sure :awesome: .

• Like 1

Hi, I'd like to join the event. I have a lot of games I need to start/finish.

I'll be aiming for 5 platinum trophies, and have God Eater Resurrection ready for the day.

Not 100% sure what my other 4 games will be though. I'd really like to finish Atelier Meruru Plus and Grand Kingdom, but don't know if I'll have enough time for either one of them. I'll see how I'll go in the next few days.

Also, I might hold a small contest/giveaway on the day.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

I'm not aiming as high as some of y'all, but my plan for the anniversary right now is to plat Letter Quest Remastered and Amnesia: Memories.  I figure an indie game and a visual novel are pretty appropriate genres for the Vita, right?

So, just as a friendly note, Letter Quest: Remastered only has a 100%. The event covers those, too, but if you're hoping for a plat when you start it, you'll be disappointed.

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

So, just as a friendly note, Letter Quest: Remastered only has a 100%. The event covers those, too, but if you're hoping for a plat when you start it, you'll be disappointed.

Hey, good point.  I knew that at one point, but then managed to forget it completely.  Just one plat for me probably!

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I uh ... am keeping it a surprise?

Let's test that armour out to be sure :awesome: .

That's totally fine. And I don't want to test it. I can't return it to the vendor if it's used.

2 hours ago, VforVendita said:

Hi, I'd like to join the event. I have a lot of games I need to start/finish.

I'll be aiming for 5 platinum trophies, and have God Eater Resurrection ready for the day.

Not 100% sure what my other 4 games will be though. I'd really like to finish Atelier Meruru Plus and Grand Kingdom, but don't know if I'll have enough time for either one of them. I'll see how I'll go in the next few days.

Also, I might hold a small contest/giveaway on the day.

Welcome to the event. I added God Eater.
BTW: It's the first to see someone enter and already have a plat ready. :D 

37 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

I'm not aiming as high as some of y'all, but my plan for the anniversary right now is to plat Letter Quest Remastered and Amnesia: Memories.  I figure an indie game and a visual novel are pretty appropriate genres for the Vita, right?

Updated your list. And yes, the choices seem appropriate.