Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

21 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, maybe when you're not in a dungeon. 

I think I know what you're talking about.

Because when you go back to the same dungeon(or previous floor etc.) the map is blacked out, and you have to reveal the map again. 

This gives the impression that each floor is randomly generated.

However that's not the case. I thought it was at first as well, but after farming hands in heaven, despite going back and forth between 2 floors(many many times) it didn't change and I memorized both floors. 

So P4Golden is no more a dungeon crawler than ffxv or ffxiii or tales of symphonia etc etc etc

If the map didn't need to be "reexplored" It would be clear immediately. 

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

Because when you go back to the same dungeon(or previous floor etc.) the map is blacked out, and you have to reveal the map again. 

However that's not the case. I thought it was at first as well, but after farming hands in heaven, despite going back and forth between 2 floors(many many times) it didn't change and I memorized both floors. 

So P4Golden is no more a dungeon crawler than ffxv or ffxiii or tales of symphonia etc etc etc

So, to be a dungeon crawler, the floors have to be randomly generated? 'Cause if so, Ray Gigant is no more of a dungeon crawler than P4G. If you leave and go back in, the map is still the same, and all of the map you've explored is still there. 

5 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Actually, some floors are randomly generated, or at least chosen from a set of possible layouts. Take the first floor of Yukiko's castle as an example, I visited that floor quite a few times while getting the Reaper to spawn and the layouts were different at times.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

So, to be a dungeon crawler, the floors have to be randomly generated? 'Cause if so, Ray Gigant is no more of a dungeon crawler than P4G. If you leave and go back in, the map is still the same, and all of the map you've explored is still there. 

Had to look up the game, I wouldn't call it a dungeon crawler from what I saw(albeit I only looked at the dungeon mechanics, if the game is mostly just being in a dungeon then that's different I would think). Reminds me of walking around in danganronpa hope high. Or doom... Lol

Not "has" btw. 

But I'd say randomly generated dungeons are a common theme in dungeon crawlers imo like diablo. 

14 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Actually, some floors are randomly generated, or at least chosen from a set of possible layouts. Take the first floor of Yukiko's castle as an example, I visited that floor quite a few times while getting the Reaper to spawn and the layouts were different at times.

:hmm: interesting! 

I don't think it's random, I've always taken the same route on yukikos castle (all right turns mostly lol). But ya maybe there are multiple preexisting layouts!

I'll have to look it up more later! 

Well in the end I think most would agree P4Golden is not a dungeon crawler. 

20 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Had to look up the game, I wouldn't call it a dungeon crawler from what I saw(albeit I only looked at the dungeon mechanics, if the game is mostly just being in a dungeon then that's different I would think). Reminds me of walking around in danganronpa hope high. Or doom... Lol

Not "has" btw. 

But I'd say randomly generated dungeons are a common theme in dungeon crawlers imo like diablo. 

Some visual novel stuff in between, but all actual gameplay takes place in dungeons. The 4 I listed are the only ones I can think of, that would possibly be considered dungeon crawlers(though I may be drawing a blank on some), out of the games I've played. Satoshi called Ray Gigant a dungeon crawler first, so I blame him if it's not one! :P 

• Like 1

finally digimon cybersleuth platinum is ready to pop, that taked much longer then i was expecting, only trophy that i need now is get all farms to rank 5, and the last farm upgrade is in my inventory waiting alone until feb 22 :D

so now i have only 18 days for neptune vs sega hard girls i will try my best but i dont think i can make that :S

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

And Demon Gaze and Mind Zero wouldn't be dungeon crawlers either because they do indeed lack randomly generated dungeons as well, yet those are two commonly named titles for people looking to get into the genre.  Heck, Mind Zero even carries over what you revealed of the maps to NG+.  The main staple of dungeon crawlers is the fact that you spend a lot more time in dungeons and the plot is mostly a way to lead you to the next dungeon.  I wouldn't even say P4G is truly a dungeon crawler, though it has elements of them like any RPG does since dungeon crawlers are an offshoot of RPGs.

9 hours ago, chellesan said:

finally digimon cybersleuth platinum is ready to pop, that taked much longer then i was expecting, only trophy that i need now is get all farms to rank 5, and the last farm upgrade is in my inventory waiting alone until feb 22 :D

so now i have only 18 days for neptune vs sega hard girls i will try my best but i dont think i can make that :S

Congrats on Digimon. :)

About Neptune vs. SHGs. The game is rather short overall (between 25 and 30 hours) so depending on the time you can spend on gaming it should be possible. Just be sure to take notes of the Baseballs you found in the dungeons as that's an annoying collectible that can't be tracked.

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, whatever Ray Gigant is, it is ready to pop. That final boss was fricking brutal, or I just suck at this game..

Updated your status.

59 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

By the way, I'd like to add Adventures of Mana to my list.  I'm in the last dungeon and it should be ready to pop in a few days.

Added the game to your list. 

Need to make a change, couldnt get anywhere with gravity rush challenges in my commute coz the car shakes too much. Going to change my game to jak and daxter the precursor legacy, just need to buy one more power cell for the plat so thats a guaranteed game for me. Also got ps all stars and resistance burning skies this week which are suppose to be easy ones. so wana start with the quicker one, thoughts from you guys on which one i should go for?

I downloaded the Sly collection on Vita, so I might plat Sly 3 for the event. The problem is I hated Sly 3 on the PS3 due to one particular mission in Chapter 4(the mission where you have to race a fuse with an RC car, I kept hitting the walls) and was wondering if the RC missions are better or worse on the Vita version. I don't want to start a game I won't finish.

8 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

Need to make a change, couldnt get anywhere with gravity rush challenges in my commute coz the car shakes too much. Going to change my game to jak and daxter the precursor legacy, just need to buy one more power cell for the plat so thats a guaranteed game for me. Also got ps all stars and resistance burning skies this week which are suppose to be easy ones. so wana start with the quicker one, thoughts from you guys on which one i should go for?

PSABR is rather easy but has some online trophies that require a good portion of luck and/or a boosting session. Resistance also has an online part but AFAIK it only has one online trophy for playing one match. Personally I would choose Resistance.

56 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

You can mark Color Guardians as ready to pop.

Only one more game and I'll be at 5 games for the anniversary. 

Updated your status.

6 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

I downloaded the Sly collection on Vita, so I might plat Sly 3 for the event. The problem is I hated Sly 3 on the PS3 due to one particular mission in Chapter 4(the mission where you have to race a fuse with an RC car, I kept hitting the walls) and was wondering if the RC missions are better or worse on the Vita version. I don't want to start a game I won't finish.

Didn't you say you would withdraw from the event as you wanted to save some games for the platinum pyramid?

About Sly 3: IMO the RC-missions are the same crap on Vita as on PS3. If you didn't like it on PS3, you won't like it on the Vita.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2017 at 1:27 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Didn't you say you would withdraw from the event as you wanted to save some games for the platinum pyramid?

About Sly 3: IMO the RC-missions are the same crap on Vita as on PS3. If you didn't like it on PS3, you won't like it on the Vita.

Thanks for reminding me, but I don't think I'll be able to sign up for that event this season. Also, thanks for giving me a heads up on Sly 3 for the Vita. I'll have plenty of time to think about it as I still have to finish Sly 2.

EDIT: Started playing it. I didn't hate the mission, I just had trouble completing it using PS3 controls. I might be able to handle it on Vita. Even if I keep blowing up Murray, I'll just keep plugging at it until it obeys me and I get through it. I don't want one stupid mission to ruin my Sly Cooper experiences.

Edited by NebbyLunala

10 hours ago, mking_63 said:

An elephant extinction event is imminent! You just know that Aegis shield is absolutely encrusted with ivory. :lol:

Well for now it's elephants and demon heads because I still am farming for the helm.  But yeah, I'm in the last area so it's just a few more bosses and the final grind left.  Then I'll see if I can get Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters ready in time.  Probably won't be able to get Demon Gaze ready in time though.

Sooo apparently past Dav decided to get the ps3 version of steins gate, and it wasn't cross buy. I always thought I played it on the tv using pstv. Apparently not. 

Sense now I'm really in the mood to play steins gate, and February is packed with stuff I need to do(including song vote), I have to bow out :(

I may not be able to sync my trophies for this event due to moving later this month (after months of planning and talking about moving, it's finally happening!!)  It all depends on where we are on our route (as moving from Washington to Florida) and if the hotel we stay at has wifi.  Either way though, I will still press on with finishing my game as it gives me something to do as a passenger :D and I can still participate in the spirit of this event.

• Like 2

Okay, I think Adventures of Mana could be counted as ready to pop for me since all I have left is elephant killing to get to level 99.  I got everything missable at this point so it's ready to go.

You know, I'm actually a bit curious what the most popular choice of game is here.  I saw a few of us going for Adventures of Mana, a couple also doing Odin Sphere, but P4G and Amneisa: Memories also seem pretty popular.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rach said:

I may not be able to sync my trophies for this event due to moving later this month (after months of planning and talking about moving, it's finally happening!!)  It all depends on where we are on our route (as moving from Washington to Florida) and if the hotel we stay at has wifi.  Either way though, I will still press on with finishing my game as it gives me something to do as a passenger :D and I can still participate in the spirit of this event.

Good luck moving! Used to live in Florida. Wearing one set of clothing all year round is nice in its own way :) My sister says its been "cold" lately though, but you'd most likely still enjoy the sun.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rach said:

Good luck with the move. Moving from Washington to Florida is quite a distance for sure. And I don't mind if you aren't able to sync the trophies on that date. It's sufficient to give a short feedback whether you were able to get the plat on that day or not. :)

8 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

I have to bow out :(

Sad to hear. Yet still I wonder how someone can be in the mood to not play Steins;Gate. :P

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Okay, I think Adventures of Mana could be counted as ready to pop for me since all I have left is elephant killing to get to level 99.  I got everything missable at this point so it's ready to go.

Updated your status.

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

You know, I'm actually a bit curious what the most popular choice of game is here.  I saw a few of us going for Adventures of Mana, a couple also doing Odin Sphere, but P4G and Amneisa: Memories also seem pretty popular.

That depends on the criteria. When taking only the games chosen for the western birthday into account, no matter what the current status is (ready to pop, currently working on, or a probable choice) it looks like this:

Spoiler

JM0MlhJ.png

If I ignore the ones listed in the probably/maybe-sections it looks like this:

Spoiler

V9u7eSp.png

If I only count the ones which are ready to pop as of now it looks like this:

Spoiler

3Sdi1CP.png

Some overall infos for the western birthday:

Overall are 52 games ready to pop (45 unique ones) by 20 different persons.

No guarantee for correct data though. :D 

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

BOOOOOOO!
Past Dav is noob! :awesome:

Well, of course it isn't =D VNs are never cross-buy

Sure there are Cross-Buy VNs. What about Hatoful Boyfriend? Sure, it has no separate trophy lists but it's Cross-Buy. :P

• Like 2