Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

Please add to my list "Rugby World Cup 2015", already in *ready to pop* status (it's a bit quicker than Rugby 15, since this game don't have league trophies, but grinding tries and points with a single player in Rugby World Cup is a lot tricky...).

Now I will continue to work on Neptunia U (it's lefting to me maximize about 20 combinations of Lily rank to put this game on "ready to pop" status - I'm in a safe pace), and maybe I will work on Day of the Tentacle (I still don't decided if I will do it, so there's no need to put it on my list).

EDIT: you can also put Neptunia U on my main list (it is HIGHLY IMPROBABLE  that I achieve more than 4 trophies before February 22nd - probably I will not achieve even two Platinums until Feb. 22nd... - and I already have at least 5 Platinum ready to pop, so Neptunia U as my 150th Platinum is just a matter of time).

Edited by JoaoQuique
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mournblade05143 said:

Well the way my grinding is going I might as well add Sorcery Saga to the list.

Welcome to the event. :)

Added you to the list and I wish you good luck with the grind.

2 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Please add to my list "Rugby World Cup 2015", already in *ready to pop* status (it's a bit quicker than Rugby 15, since this game don't have league trophies, but grinding tries and points with a single player in Rugby World Cup is a lot tricky...).

Now I will continue to work on Neptunia U (it's lefting to me maximize about 20 combinations of Lily rank to put this game on "ready to pop" status - I'm in a safe pace), and maybe I will work on Day of the Tentacle (I still don't decided if I will do it, so there's no need to put it on my list).

EDIT: you can also put Neptunia U on my main list (it is HIGHLY IMPROBABLE  that I achieve more than 4 trophies before February 22nd - probably I will not achieve even two Platinums until Feb. 22nd... - and I already have at least 5 Platinum ready to pop, so Neptunia U as my 150th Platinum is just a matter of time).

Updated your status. And do you want to go for participant with the most games? If so, you have to add some more as @Myu is currently leading. :P

I've got a quick question: Do games without a platinum trophy but with DLC count towards this event when the base game is finished on the 22nd?

I'm asking because I have Frobisher says sitting on my profile for a while with one trophy missing from the base game, but I don't own one of the DLC packs and I'm not gonna buy it either.

Also, if the game does end up counting, would I have to finish the one DLC pack that I own as well for the game to count or would the base game be enough?

If finishing the base game counts, you can add Frobisher Says! as ready to pop on my western birthday list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

As the longest sub-level lasts 3 minutes maybe it wasn't a real deal breaker for me. LEGO Movie has many other flaws that annoyed me more. E.g. the fact that every level had at least two timed challenges and the character wheel which was a mess. I decided to play LEGO Hobbit and I'm enjoying it far more, even though I disliked it on PS3. The character-selection is solved much better IMO and there were only a few timed challenges so far. And somehow I like that board game-like overworld.

Luckily they only last for a maximum of 15 hours. I prefer playing the console-versions but most of them have the problem that they tend to have some boring endgame grind where you just fly/walk from one collectible/quest marker to the next one. The handheld-versions seem to have a better pace and the amount of collectibles is much lower in most cases.

As someone who has played all the LEGO games by TT Games (I haven't finished Force Awakens on PS4 or Vita yet though, but I've started both and am almost done with the PS4 version), I found LEGO Hobbit (full console version) to be the most tedious of the bunch. It's true that most of the recent ones have collectible/quest grinds, but The Hobbit was the worst because it was so spread out and a lot of the collectibles were also hard to get to. Compared with LEGO Marvel Superheroes, where it was much more fun to clean up the collectibles, I had to force myself to finish The Hobbit. So in that sense, I agree with you that the Vita version was better because it wasn't as tedious. 

I also thought the LEGO Movie Vita version made several dumb choices, like the death penalties that were mentioned. It's a shame too, because the console version of the game is one of my favorites of the whole series. LEGO Movie and LEGO Marvel Superheroes are the only LEGO games I've Platinumed on both PS3 and PS4, and it wasn't just for trophies; I actually liked both games enough to go through again and get 100% completion twice. I'm considering doing the same thing with LEGO Dimensions though, since I love it on PS4 and Gamestop sells a PS3 disc very cheap (and the base is interchangeable between PS4/PS3). 

7 hours ago, Mendant909 said:

Thanks, I'll try starting Tearaway next week and if you do start another Vita LEGO game hopefully it'll be more enjoyable. At least the guides say they take about fifteen hours, yay?

I saw a comment mentioning Severed as one of the best Vita-native games, but I'm going to give the edge to Tearaway. I think you'll enjoy it. Unlike Uncharted GA, it makes intelligent use of the touchscreen and read touchpads. I am almost done with Severed and while it's an excellent game and plays great on Vita, it does not use any of the face or shoulder buttons. It's clearly a game that was made with the intention to port to smartphones/tablets, which is exactly what happened several months after the Vita release. I don't begrudge Drinkbox for bringing it to more platforms; I love their work and am very happy they made Vita the lead platform for Severed (and Vita/PS3 dual leads for Guacamelee). Besides, Severed still plays best on Vita due to being able to use the d-pad and analog stick for movement. :)

Still, I can't shake the feeling that Tearaway feels like a true console experience on a handheld (which is what the Vita was initially marketed as), while Severed feels like a smartphone port with trophies and better controls (I know it was the opposite - being ported to smartphone afterwards - but hopefully my statement makes sense). They're still both great games though. 

As an update for the event, I'm pretty close to finishing Severed. I have all 3 mementos (I actually didn't struggle too much with the Father memento difficult in-flight battle, it only took me about 15 minutes to push through and succeed last night, but I did read a lot of tips prior to attempting it), and I have all the maps completed explored except Domain of the Crows, which I'm currently going through and finding to be an interesting maze. I might need some walkthrough help with this one. Anyway, I was planning to finish the map/secret exploration in Domain of the Crows, then go to beat the final boss with all 3 mementos. I think the best trophy to save for last is Burdened since that can be done at any time and doesn't involve saving any combat or tricky trophies for the event day. 

So at this rate I'm definitely on track for Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard Girls and Severed. I'm still planning to attempt Mutant Blobs Attack as my third game but I may not be able to complete all the gold medals in time. Still, it's a good challenge to set for myself. I don't think I'll be adding a 4th game but I will let you know if I change my mind. LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens might be doable but I'd most likely need to drop Mutant Blobs Attack to make it happen. I really need to clear that off my trophy backlog since I finished the story ages ago and it always nagged me that I didn't get the last few trophies. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I've got a quick question: Do games without a platinum trophy but with DLC count towards this event when the base game is finished on the 22nd?

I'm asking because I have Frobisher says sitting on my profile for a while with one trophy missing from the base game, but I don't own one of the DLC packs and I'm not gonna buy it either.

Also, if the game does end up counting, would I have to finish the one DLC pack that I own as well for the game to count or would the base game be enough?

If finishing the base game counts, you can add Frobisher Says! as ready to pop on my western birthday list.

Didn't thought about those games when I worded the initial post and I also didn't thought about people completing DLCs for games where they already have the plat but yes, those games are fine, too. I would say the following is a good compromise:

1. You prepare/complete the base game OR

2. You get all DLC-trophies for a game where you already finished the base game

Frobisher Says! would match condition 1 as you still have one trophy left in the base game. There's no need to finish the DLCs, though. Will update the OP regarding that.

And I wish you good luck with that Cheating-trophy. I had problems when I tried this. The same applies to all other trophies require the camera as it wasn't able to recognize everything due the poor lighting I had at that point.

17 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I also thought the LEGO Movie Vita version made several dumb choices, like the death penalties that were mentioned. It's a shame too, because the console version of the game is one of my favorites of the whole series. LEGO Movie and LEGO Marvel Superheroes are the only LEGO games I've Platinumed on both PS3 and PS4, and it wasn't just for trophies; I actually liked both games enough to go through again and get 100% completion twice. I'm considering doing the same thing with LEGO Dimensions though, since I love it on PS4 and Gamestop sells a PS3 disc very cheap (and the base is interchangeable between PS4/PS3). 

I really enjoyed the LEGO Movie itself but the games based on it just feel lackluster. I guess the main problem for me is the fact that the movie didn't have enough content to spread it across so many levels. I felt like I was spending half of the playtime in Flatbush. And the hubs weren't fun to explore (but at least they weren't as shitty as the Lantern-planets in Batman 3). I hope Batman 4 or Batman Movie, where I'm surprised that they still haven't announced it although the movie is airing right now, won't suffer from that problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I really enjoyed the LEGO Movie itself but the games based on it just feel lackluster. I guess the main problem for me is the fact that the movie didn't have enough content to spread it across so many levels. I felt like I was spending half of the playtime in Flatbush. And the hubs weren't fun to explore (but at least they weren't as shitty as the Lantern-planets in Batman 3). I hope Batman 4 or Batman Movie, where I'm surprised that they still haven't announced it although the movie is airing right now, won't suffer from that problem.

I guess our opinions are too far apart then, because I actually really liked LEGO Batman 3... which everyone seemed to hate. I think a large factor for me is the source material and how well it's handled. LEGO Marvel Superheroes is the best use of the source material that TT has ever done, but I thought LEGO Batman 3 was a close second (the Star Wars games are probably the best overall but I have to give the nod to Marvel and Batman 3 for expertly weaving together such massive universes). I have a soft sport for the Latern planets because Green Loontern is hilarious. 

LEGO Movie felt like a good use of the source material also. I loved the movie and the problems you mention didn't bother me (and remember, I platinumed it on both PS3 and PS4), at least if we're talking about the console versions. I do agree the Vita version was mediocre. I actually worried that LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens would be too "thin" for a full game but I think TT pulled it off again there, probably even better than in LEGO Movie. It doesn't feel too spread out IMO but then neither did LEGO Movie. Maybe my standards are too low when it comes to LEGO games, and I definitely remember the character animations being charming (since I liked how the movie did it). Perhaps I gave it a bit of a pass. :) Still, I haven't had the patience to play most of the rest of the LEGO games twice, so it obviously did something right in my book. 

As for the LEGO Batman movie, I'm pretty sure there won't be a dedicated LEGO game since LEGO Dimensions is getting a story pack for the movie (with a grand total of 3 bronze trophies for 6 levels... the story packs are definitely more for gameplay and story than trophies), which of course I have pre-ordered. :) We'll probably eventually get a full-blown Batman 4 but it may be a while. 

39 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Didn't thought about those games when I worded the initial post and I also didn't thought about people completing DLCs for games where they already have the plat but yes, those games are fine, too. I would say the following is a good compromise:

1. You prepare/complete the base game OR

2. You get all DLC-trophies for a game where you already finished the base game

Frobisher Says! would match condition 1 as you still have one trophy left in the base game. There's no need to finish the DLCs, though. Will update the OP regarding that.

And I wish you good luck with that Cheating-trophy. I had problems when I tried this. The same applies to all other trophies require the camera as it wasn't able to recognize everything due the poor lighting I had at that point.

Great, while I did have some trouble when I first tried it (and hence why I abandoned the game in the first place), now that I have more time to play in the early parts of the day than the evening, I'm sure I'm gonna get the lighting to work out for me, I'll just have to make sure that it's one of the first games I complete that day. 

Edited by xFalionx

Welcome to the event. :)

Added you to the list and I wish you good luck with the grind.

Updated your status. And do you want to go for participant with the most games? If so, you have to add some more as @Myu is currently leading. :P

Whaaaat? Really? But I don't think I have the most "ready to pop" games :huh:

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I guess our opinions are too far apart then, because I actually really liked LEGO Batman 3... which everyone seemed to hate. I think a large factor for me is the source material and how well it's handled. LEGO Marvel Superheroes is the best use of the source material that TT has ever done, but I thought LEGO Batman 3 was a close second (the Star Wars games are probably the best overall but I have to give the nod to Marvel and Batman 3 for expertly weaving together such massive universes). I have a soft sport for the Latern planets because Green Loontern is hilarious. 

I liked Batman 3 overall. The only thing I disliked where the planets as I didn't like the controls and finding all those quests was a tedious task as it was hard to tell on which layer of the planet the things actually were. ;)

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

As for the LEGO Batman movie, I'm pretty sure there won't be a dedicated LEGO game since LEGO Dimensions is getting a story pack for the movie (with a grand total of 3 bronze trophies for 6 levels... the story packs are definitely more for gameplay and story than trophies), which of course I have pre-ordered. :) We'll probably eventually get a full-blown Batman 4 but it may be a while. 

Didn't know about that addition for LEGO Dimensions as I'm not in these toys-to-life things at all.

1 hour ago, Myu said:

Whaaaat? Really? But I don't think I have the most "ready to pop" games :huh:

Yes, really. With all the games added to your list you are currently at 10 games. Right behind you is Falion with 9 games now. And right after that come JoaoQuique and myself. When it comes to ready to pop you are on a good second/third place with 5 games. Same amount as Falion, NetEntity and Cisele80. JoaoQuique and I lead with 7 games but when it comes to those rankings I exclude myself from them. :D If I have enough spare time I might add some little stats to the opening post.

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

I'll just have to make sure that it's one of the first games I complete that day. 

That reminds me about one thing: To make a checklist what I have to do in which games. xD All I know is that I have to play Pixeljunk Shooter at 11:11am or otherwise I have to mess with the time settings on my Vita.

21 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

That reminds me about one thing: To make a checklist what I have to do in which games. xD All I know is that I have to play Pixeljunk Shooter at 11:11am or otherwise I have to mess with the time settings on my Vita.

That seems smart, I should probably do that as well. Oh, and you mentioning Pixeljunk Shooter reminds me that I still have that in the depths of my backlog as well.

How hard were the multiplayer trophies in that game, about how long did they take you and did you need a boosting session for them? I'm thinking about squeezing that game into my list depending on how much time I'll take to complete the others but I'm quite unsure about the MP trophies. 

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Didn't know about that addition for LEGO Dimensions as I'm not in these toys-to-life things at all.

I resisted for a long time, and I don't see how Skylanders will ever interest me. But I eventually caved on Disney Infinity because Star Wars (I only bought a few clearance-priced figures though), and then tried LEGO Dimensions because I love LEGO. Sadly for my wallet, I've spent way too much money on LEGO Dimensions but I regret nothing! 

Disney Infinity had its servers closed (or they're about to close, I forget which), so that's out. But I wholeheartedly recommend LEGO Dimensions. It takes the best parts of the TT LEGO games and mashes them together into a very cool end product. The story is a lot of fun, combining vastly different franchises together. If you're concerned about the price (and creeping investment in additional sets), you should wait for a sale, which are fairly frequent. You can Platinum the game with just the Starter Pack (which I've seen as low as $40, which keep in mind has 3 LEGO minifigures and a decent amount of LEGO pieces for the vehicle and base construction). One interesting thing about the game is it's actually easier to Platinum than all the other TT LEGO games, because it doesn't need to be completed 100% (and in fact you can't get 100% completion without buying a bunch of extra sets). The game plays heavily on nostalgia, especially the optional expansion sets, but it's really a charming game. I just hope they add in Star Wars content at some point, because a Star Wars / Dr Who / Harry Potter / DC crossover is just too awesome to not be a thing. 

Back on topic, if I didn't mention before, this is my first time participating in an event on this site. It's also the first time I've deliberately held back getting a Platinum or 100%... it feels weird! I'm one Gold Challenge away from getting the Platinum in Gravity Rush Remastered (I would have loved to do the original game here but I Platinumed and 100%ed that game a while back) and I just need to finish the story in Telltale Batman, but I have to hold them back since I posted here that Superdimension Neptune vs Hard Girls would be my 100th Platinum... once it's in writing it's set in stone! :P Anyway, thanks for putting the event together, Crimson Idol. It's been fun and given me some motivation to more aggressively finish up some games. I probably need to join a backlog event next, that's where my real problem is (technically though, Severed was in my backlog so that's already a minor accomplishment for me). 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

58 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

That seems smart, I should probably do that as well. Oh, and you mentioning Pixeljunk Shooter reminds me that I still have that in the depths of my backlog as well.

How hard were the multiplayer trophies in that game, about how long did they take you and did you need a boosting session for them? I'm thinking about squeezing that game into my list depending on how much time I'll take to complete the others but I'm quite unsure about the MP trophies. 

I self-boosted the multiplayer as that game gives you the possibility to play against yourself when using two different devices. Details can be found here:
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/16534-current-easiest-way-to-boost-league-battles-requires-ps4-and-vita/

I used my PS4 as the second player while I earned everything on my Vita (so the compelte opposite of the one mentioned in the thread). Doing this it took me about an hour but only because I didn't know that you could speed up the winning in one mode. If you want to give the multiplayer a try I can help you with one of my spare accounts. 

30 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I resisted for a long time, and I don't see how Skylanders will ever interest me. But I eventually caved on Disney Infinity because Star Wars (I only bought a few clearance-priced figures though), and then tried LEGO Dimensions because I love LEGO. Sadly for my wallet, I've spent way too much money on LEGO Dimensions but I regret nothing! 

Disney Infinity had its servers closed (or they're about to close, I forget which), so that's out. But I wholeheartedly recommend LEGO Dimensions. It takes the best parts of the TT LEGO games and mashes them together into a very cool end product. The story is a lot of fun, combining vastly different franchises together. If you're concerned about the price (and creeping investment in additional sets), you should wait for a sale, which are fairly frequent. You can Platinum the game with just the Starter Pack (which I've seen as low as $40, which keep in mind has 3 LEGO minifigures and a decent amount of LEGO pieces for the vehicle and base construction). One interesting thing about the game is it's actually easier to Platinum than all the other TT LEGO games, because it doesn't need to be completed 100% (and in fact you can't get 100% completion without buying a bunch of extra sets). The game plays heavily on nostalgia, especially the optional expansion sets, but it's really a charming game. I just hope they add in Star Wars content at some point, because a Star Wars / Dr Who / Harry Potter / DC crossover is just too awesome to not be a thing. 

Even if it sounds quite enjoyable I have to say no or otherwise I would have even more things that would collect dust. We already caved on some Amiibos (the Yarn Yoshis and two AC-ones (Celeste and Mabel) and there's a whole bunch of Nendoroids and other figurines. xD And luckily I don't care for most of the franchises that get some LEGO Dimensions tie-ins so I guess it's better if I just "ignore" it. :D

35 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Back on topic, if I didn't mention before, this is my first time participating in an event on this site. It's also the first time I've deliberately held back getting a Platinum or 100%... it feels weird! I'm one Gold Challenge away from getting the Platinum in Gravity Rush Remastered (I would have loved to do the original game here but I Platinumed and 100%ed that game a while back) and I just need to finish the story in Telltale Batman, but I have to hold them back since I posted here that Superdimension Neptune vs Hard Girls would be my 100th Platinum... once it's in writing it's set in stone! :P Anyway, thanks for putting the event together, Crimson Idol. It's been fun and given me some motivation to more aggressively finish up some games. I probably need to join a backlog event next, that's where my real problem is (technically though, Severed was in my backlog so that's already a minor accomplishment for me). 

Personally I would say that Gravity Rush would be a much better #100 than Superdimension but to each their own I guess. :D When I was near the magic number I always thought what game might be a good match. I first thought about the Ratchet-reboot but I couldn't resist to play and plat it. I was somehow glad when Sony finally decided to release Wild Arms 3 as I knew at that point that it would be a perfect choice for me as I enjoyed the game when I played it on the PS2 (*cough* back in 2012 *cough*).

And it's nice to hear such kind words. :) And the backlog events are always a good choice. Personally I thought about joining the Casual Backlog-event. And I also heard that there's an awesome event with some of BillyHorrible's best limericks and other cool people that play some random games from their backlog. :ninja: 

1 hour ago, jasondm300 said:

Sooo, looking at my list, I think I want to add Rogue Legacy as a game I mightfinish, but Thanatophobia is going to be rough.  That may become plat 100 if I can man up and get it done.  

In less than 2 weeks? Good luck with that, that's gonna be really frustrating. You will come to hate Alexander IV and even then he's easier than Thanatophobia, even though you can theoretically cheese that trophy if you have enough time to spare. The only two reasons I platted that game were that it's a great game and a friend bet 10€ that I wouldn't be able to plat it in a set amount of time (around 2-3 weeks iirc).

Anyways, if you can bear Alexander IV, this game has some great gameplay along with a great soundtrack to offer. 

Rogue Legacy is a platinum trophy that will never leave my cabinet. 

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I self-boosted the multiplayer as that game gives you the possibility to play against yourself when using two different devices. Details can be found here:
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/16534-current-easiest-way-to-boost-league-battles-requires-ps4-and-vita/

I used my PS4 as the second player while I earned everything on my Vita (so the compelte opposite of the one mentioned in the thread). Doing this it took me about an hour but only because I didn't know that you could speed up the winning in one mode. If you want to give the multiplayer a try I can help you with one of my spare accounts. 

I guess since I don't have a PS4, self-boosting will be impossible for me. I'd be glad to take you up on that offer if I decide to squeeze that game into my list.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

In less than 2 weeks? Good luck with that, that's gonna be really frustrating. You will come to hate Alexander IV and even then he's easier than Thanatophobia, even though you can theoretically cheese that trophy if you have enough time to spare. The only two reasons I platted that game were that it's a great game and a friend bet 10€ that I wouldn't be able to plat it in a set amount of time (around 2-3 weeks iirc).

Anyways, if you can bear Alexander IV, this game has some great gameplay along with a great soundtrack to offer. 

Rogue Legacy is a platinum trophy that will never leave my cabinet. 

I guess since I don't have a PS4, self-boosting will be impossible for me. I'd be glad to take you up on that offer if I decide to squeeze that game into my list.

All I have left is Thanatophobia and then I have the platinum.  I know that is still a ton, but I have beaten it up to new game+++ and I have finished it once on pc

I have the games selected for the Vita anniversary.

--Platinum--

Volume

My Name is Mayo

Littlebigplanet

---For 100%--

Kung Fu Rabbit

Phantom Breaker: Battle Ground

Note they're not ready to plat/100% at this moment but soon will be. I might add Littlebigplanet on the list as soon if I could get the 50 plays trophy to pop. I also might add Sparkle Unleashed if I could pass this Nightmare difficulty and save on the last level. Jez its gonna be a rage for me.. >.< If I could get this done quickly, I might add another game on the list. Thanks. :3

EDIT: Just got the 50 plays trophy. LBP is on the list. Heck yeah! :D

Edited by Ichiban-Hybrid
  • Like 1

Even if it sounds quite enjoyable I have to say no or otherwise I would have even more things that would collect dust. We already caved on some Amiibos (the Yarn Yoshis and two AC-ones (Celeste and Mabel) and there's a whole bunch of Nendoroids and other figurines. xD And luckily I don't care for most of the franchises that get some LEGO Dimensions tie-ins so I guess it's better if I just "ignore" it. :D

Personally I would say that Gravity Rush would be a much better #100 than Superdimension but to each their own I guess. :D When I was near the magic number I always thought what game might be a good match. I first thought about the Ratchet-reboot but I couldn't resist to play and plat it. I was somehow glad when Sony finally decided to release Wild Arms 3 as I knew at that point that it would be a perfect choice for me as I enjoyed the game when I played it on the PS2 (*cough* back in 2012 *cough*).

And it's nice to hear such kind words. :) And the backlog events are always a good choice. Personally I thought about joining the Casual Backlog-event. And I also heard that there's an awesome event with some of BillyHorrible's best limericks and other cool people that play some random games from their backlog. :ninja: 

Um, yeah... after reading some of your posts in that link to the backlog event, I can see you don't like a lot of the stuff I love (really, not liking Star Wars?!?), so obviously the game doesn't have the same appeal to your wallet as it does mine. :)

I actually did consider Gravity Rush Remastered as my 100th Platinum, but I kind of feel like I should have a "new" game as my 100th rather than a game I've already played on a different Sony platform. I also figure that 101 is also a special number, it's just that 100 will show up on my profile, not 101. Plus I didn't want to incur the wrath of Satoshi for picking a non-Vita game. I don't want him coming after me with his loli body pillows! :P 

On the other hand, Gravity Rush does feature a female protagonist with small-ish breasts, so maybe Satoshi approves after all? I think there's only one way to settle this, hearing straight from the horse's mouth. I mentioned his name, loli, and small breasts, that's more than enough to summon him, right? 

3 hours ago, Ichiban-Hybrid said:

Sparkle Unleashed if I could pass this Nightmare difficulty and save on the last level. Jez its gonna be a rage for me.. >.< If I could get this done quickly, I might add another game on the list. Thanks. :3

Good luck with that!  I'm stuck on level 42 in nightmare myself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ichiban-Hybrid said:

--Platinum--

Volume

My Name is Mayo

Littlebigplanet

---For 100%--

Kung Fu Rabbit

Note they're not ready to plat/100% at this moment but soon will be. I might add Littlebigplanet on the list as soon if I could get the 50 plays trophy to pop. I also might add Sparkle Unleashed if I could pass this Nightmare difficulty and save on the last level. Jez its gonna be a rage for me.. >.< If I could get this done quickly, I might add another game on the list. Thanks. :3

I feel like everyone's platting LBP vita, and I'm being left behind :(

I'm cutting it real close you guys. The game that's the closest would be Atelier Ayesha PLUS or HDN Re;Birth2, or I should grit my teeth and press on with Dokuro. I've been concentrating on completing PS3 games because I plan to buy a PS4 during the summer.

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

On the other hand, Gravity Rush does feature a female protagonist with small-ish breasts, so maybe Satoshi approves after all? I think there's only one way to settle this, hearing straight from the horse's mouth. I mentioned his name, loli, and small breasts, that's more than enough to summon him, right? 

Loli power, here I am.

I would approve Gravity Daze since Kat-tan is moe, if it was on Vita :P 

And SEGA Girls has HanaKana, therefore, is more fitting :awesome:

11 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

Sooo, looking at my list, I think I want to add Rogue Legacy as a game I mightfinish, but Thanatophobia is going to be rough.  That may become plat 100 if I can man up and get it done.  

Added it to your list and good luck with that run.

8 hours ago, Ichiban-Hybrid said:

--Platinum--

Volume

My Name is Mayo

Littlebigplanet

---For 100%--

Kung Fu Rabbit

Added those games to your list. Seems like quite a bunch of games you still have to do. Good luck with that.

7 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

I decided I'm going to try to pop the Sly 3 platinum(I have the digital version of the game for the Vita on my system) for the Vita's birthday. I need to get rid of this personal demon of mine. :)

Welcome back. :) 

8 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Um, yeah... after reading some of your posts in that link to the backlog event, I can see you don't like a lot of the stuff I love (really, not liking Star Wars?!?), so obviously the game doesn't have the same appeal to your wallet as it does mine. :)

As a kid I was totally in Star Wars-mood and enjoyed playing Rogue Squadron and Episode 1 Racer on my N64 and also liked the movies up til that point (even Episode 1) but later on I lost interest in it. And I guess I shouldn't mention all the other franchises you seem to be interested in that I don't care for or otherwise it would break your heart. :ninja:

12 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

All I have left is Thanatophobia and then I have the platinum.  I know that is still a ton, but I have beaten it up to new game+++ and I have finished it once on pc

That should be doable in 2 weeks then. It's a lot harder than the remix bosses but at the same time it felt a lot less frustrating to me. That's probably mostly because you're not character-locked and the limit of 15 lives is pretty reasonable (I think when I got the trophy I was on my 13th life). 

I'd suggest practicing the first boss without gear/upgrades until you can beat him fairly persistently, so you can kill him with your first character. That should provide you with a nice little money boost towards the start of a run. Also, if you notice that you can't get the trophy in your current run, take some time to practice the other bosses with the upgrades and gear you managed to get up to that point.

And if you're gonna cheese it, start early because that's gonna take a lot more time than doing it legit. It's probably also more frustrating than doing it legit because you're basically just running through an empty castle collecting pennies for hours.

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

As a kid I was totally in Star Wars-mood and enjoyed playing Rogue Squadron and Episode 1 Racer on my N64 and also liked the movies up til that point (even Episode 1) but later on I lost interest in it. And I guess I shouldn't mention all the other franchises you seem to be interested in that I don't care for or otherwise it would break your heart. :ninja:

Nah, my heart can take it. I'm a big Trekkie and several years ago, my sister said something along the lines of "remember when we used to watch Star Trek The Next Generation as kids? Do you have any DVDs that I could borrow because I'm in a silly mood". I forget the actual statement but it was something like that. Basically she was writing off my lifelong fandom as a silly relic from our childhoods. It's okay though, because I think the Wes Anderson films she adores are pretentious garbage. So we're even. :)

Anyway, in the almost 20 years since I first attended college, I've met enough people with different views that I've learned to accept that people like different things, and I'm not going to change them. Your comment just took me by surprise because in my experience, video gaming goes hand-in-hand with Star Wars and other "geeky" things. Oh well, you learn something new every day! 

As an update for the event, I now have Severed ready to pop (it will take me about 5 seconds since I let the game autosave right before walking through the room to get the Burdened trophy), and Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard Girls should only take a few minutes to get that last Lily Rank pair from level 4 to 5. I also launched Mutant Blobs Attack last night and reviewed my level scores. It was actually a lot better than I thought. I only have about 10 levels left where I need get gold stars and/or blob friends. Even more surprisingly, I only had one "tilt-a-blob" level that needed a gold star. It was the first and easiest one, which I quickly got gold in last night. So with that out of the way, the 100% should be very doable. I'm glad this game doesn't need speed runs, because I hate those. Slowly going through and getting all the points, now that I can do. B)

Now I'm considering adding Soul Sacrifice to my list. That game is the bane of me in terms of getting the Platinum, but I always keep in installed in the hopes that one day I'll finish it and be able to delete it with some satisfaction (and I actually really like the game, until the difficulty spiked up to 11 on a handful of missions at the end). I only have a few Avalon Pacts, and if I can find someone willing to carry me through those last really nasty ones in Chapter 9 and 10, the Platinum will be mine. It might be hard to pop the Platinum on the correct date (especially since I'll be working that day), but I'm going to give it a shot. I think I can save one of the relatively easy pacts for last and probably solo that one. If you're not familiar with the game, it locks and unlocks particular missions/pacts after beating a different pact with one of two different outcomes (Sacrificing or Saving the boss). Because I still need to play a couple of the unlocking pacts, I'm not sure how difficult the pacts are that get unlocked from that, since they have always been locked for me. 

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Loli power, here I am.

I would approve Gravity Daze since Kat-tan is moe, if it was on Vita :P 

And SEGA Girls has HanaKana, therefore, is more fitting :awesome:

There it is, the man has spoken. I was honestly leaning more towards my original decision anyway. Nep-Nep :platinum: it is! 

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1