Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

17 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I hope you won't have any performance problems while playing the Telltale-games. At least Wolf Among Us runs like crap during some parts. :|

Wait, really? They managed to make the western equivalent of Visual Novels run like crap on the ultimate VN platform? :blink:

That's pretty close to heresy in my book... :huh: 

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Nice to hear that you progress well with the game. And 11 trophies? Sounds inbalanced and personally I don't like those games at all. I prefer lists that give you a trophy from time to time.

It's got 55 total trophies, and a large number are story related unmissables.  Also for the second through eleventh episodes you can get up to two trophies per episode (there are 13 episodes total) and they only take a few hours to finish since it's basically watch a few scenes and win a battle to finish an episode.  So it's pretty consistent and easy to get a few trophies a day in, it just has a bunch that are easy to get at the end of the game along with the beat the game ones.  I had over 30 trophies before getting to the last episode.

28 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Wait, really? They managed to make the western equivalent of Visual Novels run like crap on the ultimate VN platform? :blink:

That's pretty close to heresy in my book... :huh: 

Yep, really. I had to suffer some slowdowns during the fight sequences and even witnessed a Game Over-screen due to those slowdowns. 

27 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

It's got 55 total trophies, and a large number are story related unmissables.  Also for the second through eleventh episodes you can get up to two trophies per episode (there are 13 episodes total) and they only take a few hours to finish since it's basically watch a few scenes and win a battle to finish an episode.  So it's pretty consistent and easy to get a few trophies a day in, it just has a bunch that are easy to get at the end of the game along with the beat the game ones.  I had over 30 trophies before getting to the last episode.

That makes the trophy balance sound much better then. 

Just dropping in to say that you can move Assassin's Creed Liberation from my "maybe" list to a definite. Been making alot of progress the past few days and should definitely have it ready for the 22nd, but I'm not certain if I'll get Amnesia done in time since I still have alot of endings to do and the time to do them is starting to wind down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Just dropping in to say that you can move Assassin's Creed Liberation from my "maybe" list to a definite. Been making alot of progress the past few days and should definitely have it ready for the 22nd, but I'm not certain if I'll get Amnesia done in time since I still have alot of endings to do and the time to do them is starting to wind down.

I'm glad everything resolved after your savedata corruption. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Good luck with both of them.

Thanks. Does anyone know what's best left as the last trophy in Root Letter and Adventures of Mana?

In Root Letter, I think it's the one for selecting all replies to all letters, finding Shimanekko 10+ times or using Check 200+ times. What do you think?

No idea about Adventures of Mana, didn't start that yet.

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Mutant Blobs Attack is completely different from About A Blob. It may have some similar surroundings and similar gameplay but overall the levels (and the story) are different. it even has a co-op mode.

Thanks for the info! That means there is a Drinkbox game I haven't played yet, which is not acceptable. :)

I'm not too excited about the 8/10 difficulty rating on a different trophy hunting site, but if nothing else I can go through the story at least. 

Amnesia: Memories Diamond world spoilers:

Spoiler

Jesus, this route.  :blink:

I'd heard about the 'cage' before (part of the reason why I didn't buy this until it showed up free on PS+), but I was expecting it to involve the creepy murderer guy, not this psycho.  I guess it lines up with Shin's endings, should've been forewarned. 

Someone please tell me the good ending involves turning this guy over to the police.

I have mixed feelings about the game in general, not sure I'd have been in any hurry to keep playing if it wasn't for the anniversary event.  Oh well, carrying on...

Edited by Fitzquaid

4 hours ago, viech54 said:

Thanks. Does anyone know what's best left as the last trophy in Root Letter and Adventures of Mana?

In Root Letter, I think it's the one for selecting all replies to all letters, finding Shimanekko 10+ times or using Check 200+ times. What do you think?

IMO the best trophy to keep for last in Root Letter is the one with Shimanekko. The other ones will come naturally more or less. I earned the checking 200+ items trophies during chapter 3, so more or less 2 hours into the game.

About Adventures of Mana: The trophy for maxing out your level will most likely be the last one and it will come together with the trophies for having 99 in each of the stats. Best advice is to follow the guide for the stats-trophies and the missable items:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5000

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thanks for the info! That means there is a Drinkbox game I haven't played yet, which is not acceptable. :)

I'm not too excited about the 8/10 difficulty rating on a different trophy hunting site, but if nothing else I can go through the story at least. 

That's what I also did. I didn't really bother with those platinum cups 'cause IIRC they required you to meet the time criteria and also surpass the point criteria. :| 

8 hours ago, viech54 said:

The level 99 one.  If you save one elephant before getting 99 STR or INT and then reload, you can get all the trophies for maxing stats at level 98.  Make sure you don't miss the blood sword in Glaive Castle and you should be fine.

2 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

The level 99 one.  If you save one elephant before getting 99 STR or INT and then reload, you can get all the trophies for maxing stats at level 98.  Make sure you don't miss the blood sword in Glaive Castle and you should be fine.

I managed to get all the stats to 99 by alternating between training as a Fighter and as a Mage. But ladynadiad's advice is good too.

Update: Managed to complete Chapter 2 in Sly 3. Surprisingly I got all of the challenges completed when the timed ones gave me so much grief in the PS3 version. Perhaps the Vita controls and small screen made it easier for me to focus and not rage-quit. :S

6 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

I managed to get all the stats to 99 by alternating between training as a Fighter and as a Mage. But ladynadiad's advice is good too.

Yeah, it does work as long as you alternate between only those two.  But either STR or INT would max out at 99 then.  If you do a quick save and reload, you can get all but the level 99 trophy at level 98 instead.  It's just a matter of saving one trophy versus saving two and since all the stat ones are gold trophies, I only wanted to save one.

6 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Amnesia: Memories Diamond world spoilers:

Hide contents

Jesus, this route.  :blink:

I'd heard about the 'cage' before (part of the reason why I didn't buy this until it showed up free on PS+), but I was expecting it to involve the creepy murderer guy, not this psycho.  I guess it lines up with Shin's endings, should've been forewarned. 

Someone please tell me the good ending involves turning this guy over to the police.

I have mixed feelings about the game in general, not sure I'd have been in any hurry to keep playing if it wasn't for the anniversary event.  Oh well, carrying on...

Spoiler

I regret to inform you.. Honestly, the Good and Normal endings of that route should have been flipped. I enjoyed the game immensely, though. The other routes were really good, in my opinion(besides Ikki's..). 

15 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Personal info first:
LEGO Hobbit is ready to pop. I enjoyed it much more than the LEGO Movie-game. And although I really liked that board game-like overworld I have to say that keeping track of the quests on there is a big PITA. I nearly thought my save is glitched as the game showed 100% and I didn't get the trophy for doing all quests. It actually turns out that there are 5 more quests than required for building all objects and I had to skim through the regions. Turned out that I overlooked two quests. One in Lake Town and one in Dale. :shakefist: 

For now I need a break of the LEGO-games though. Luckily, City Undercover releases in May so there's a bit of break. And now I will retackle the Caribbean Sea in Black Flag. :awesome:

Updated your list. And even if you won't be able to finish any of your probably games the list of "ready to pop"-games is still impressive. :)

Updated both your lists. 

Nice to hear that you progress well with the game. And 11 trophies? Sounds inbalanced and personally I don't like those games at all. I prefer lists that give you a trophy from time to time.

Congrats. Somehow this is still the best RC-racer that's available on PlayStation-platforms IMO.

Good luck with both of them.

Welcome to the event. Added you and your games to the list.

I hope you won't have any performance problems while playing the Telltale-games. At least Wolf Among Us runs like crap during some parts. :|

Welcome. :) Added you to the list.  

Mutant Blobs Attack is completely different from About A Blob. It may have some similar surroundings and similar gameplay but overall the levels (and the story) are different. it even has a co-op mode.

Thank's Alot! ;) Cheersss!!! :D

My Hyperdimension Neptunia U is finally ready to pop - that 45 Lily pairs is considerably grindy, but I thought it would be even more boring and annoying...

I will work in some more Vita games (this event is being good to deplete my Vita backlog... :lol:), mainly non-platinum games and ones which is also eligible for "Falion's Themed Backlog Event" (like Day of the Tentacle and/or Hitman GO). But I should say that I will only put more games on my list when they will be already on "ready to pop" status.

• Like 2

Sign me up; I'm only missing one trophy in Madoka: The Battle Pentagram, so that will work perfectly for this event. It will only take me a few minutes, as I have 101/102 extra missions completed.

Also, February 22nd is a very important day for... other reasons. I doubt my copy will arrive until later, though.

• Like 1

Personal update:

2017-02-13-181859.jpg

I have done it! I've slain the daemon that was the RC vs. fuse race in Episode 4 of Sly 3 and completed that chapter completely. I also completed all of the Chapter 3 challenges, but the last Chapter 4 challenge was impossible. Seriously, I die in two hits to that @$$hole Tsao. What's worse is that it always plays the cutscene where Tsao gloats over you "Oooh, I am super better than you!" It was really bad in the third challenge because if you die in that fight, you get a seven second cutscene of Tsao cuckolding himself. It was ANNOYING! :shakefist:

I'm going to have to get the Push Attack 2 to finish that last challenge but I stopped playing because I might have accidentally popped the platinum - I was getting too into the game and it's still 9 days to the appointed date. I set aside Episode 5 and its challenges for sometimes after Tuesday; I got the money from the candy sales from my dad and plan on getting another title to keep me occupied for the week. (Yes, I have two PS4 titles I need to work on, inside self, shut up. :S)

Edited by NebbyLunala
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Also, February 22nd is a very important day for... other reasons. I doubt my copy will arrive until later, though.

I
FUCKING
LOVE
THIS
GUY

Seriously, become a girl :awesome:

Madoka, huh... I heard it has a quality guide, I do hope you used it :awesome::awesome::awesome:

My first progress. Ray Gigant is pretty much finished, just need to beat crap of that guy, leaving Kyle's last command open which can be unlocked anytime as the pop-up.

22 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

My Hyperdimension Neptunia U is finally ready to pop - that 45 Lily pairs is considerably grindy, but I thought it would be even more boring and annoying...

I will work in some more Vita games (this event is being good to deplete my Vita backlog... :lol:), mainly non-platinum games and ones which is also eligible for "Falion's Themed Backlog Event" (like Day of the Tentacle and/or Hitman GO). But I should say that I will only put more games on my list when they will be already on "ready to pop" status.

Congrats on the progress.

7 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Sign me up; I'm only missing one trophy in Madoka: The Battle Pentagram, so that will work perfectly for this event. It will only take me a few minutes, as I have 101/102 extra missions completed.

Welcome to the event.

From where are you ordering? Personally I prefer to order from Amazon Japan by now (for all non-figurines) as it only takes 2 to 3 days until a package arrives. :D

6 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Personal update:

Honestly I don't know if there was any type of challenge I really liked in Sly 3. I guess the Penelope-based missions and challenges were the ones I disliked most due to the RC-controls. Thinking about the Red Baron-missions makes me just shiver... :S

1 hour ago, wolverine123 said:

Is it too late to change my game? I'm really struggling to get going in golden abyss. I'm finding it a massive chore which is probably why I stopped playing it 5 years ago. I'll do steins gate and day of the tentacle instead if that's alright? 

You can freely change your game before the 22nd. Steins;Gate and DotT are a much better choice IMO. Hope you enjoy both of them. :)

1 hour ago, jasondm300 said:

Rogue Legacy can get removed.  I had an awesome run last night and finished the game.  Shinobi build and found a Hyperion ring.  Platinumed it and got my milestone trophy.  

Congrats on that milestone. And did I read that correctly that this is your first ultra rare plat? And I thought that I was a scrub. jk :P