Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

Anyways, my updated list should look like this now.

32. xFalionx

Reveal hidden contents

Western Birthday:
- Color Guardians *ready to pop*
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered *ready to pop*
- Frobisher Says! *ready to pop*
- Letter Quest Remastered *ready to pop*
- Persona 4 Golden *ready to pop*
- Pumped BMX+ *ready to pop*

- Amnesia: Memories *ready to pop*

- Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

Probably:

- PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

- Ratchet and Clank 2

I just realized that I'll probably spend half of the 22nd organizing game files... The one and only downside of the Vita. <_<

Updated your status. And seems like you decided to scrap Titan Souls. ^^

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Okay, Mutant Blobs Attack is ready to pop, I only need to get a gold medal on Level 1. I figured it was best to save the first (and theoretically easiest) level for the event day. 

Congrats. Updated your list and added Kung Fu Rabbit.

23 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Just showing we have VERY few localized VNs? =D

75629094.jpg

5 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

CD Japan. I probably would have went with Amazon, but I had 700 points on CD Japan that were going to expire at the end of the month.

Those points are just too temptive. But AFAIR CD Japan is also quite fast.

7 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

Ys Celceta is ready to pop, all that is left is 50 perfect guards. Who needs to guard when you can evade? :lol:

Exactly, I had no need to guard before I focused on that trophy, either. I found it easiest to guard against Foria Darros, that's where I grinded the 50 perfect guards.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Updated your status. And seems like you decided to scrap Titan Souls. ^^

Yeah, I felt like I wouldn't be able to complete it in time. Then there's also the fact that there aren't any good trophies to leave for the 22nd, so it would be a problem in that regard as well. I've also added R&C 2 because I dumped that when I got fed up with the stupid sensitive controls of the Vita port. I've basically only gotta do 3 hard races and the last arena challenge, which is quite doable. Since there's more than the 3 platinum bolts that I'd get through those races left, I can just leave one of those and collect it on the 22nd to earn the plat. But it's still gonna be a problem because those races are really hard on the Vita version...

Edit:

I just remembered that I wanted to ask when exactly the platinums/100%s can be popped. Would that be 00:00 local time on the 22nd? If I know that, I could pop a few of those before I go to bed, so I don't have to worry as much about Frobisher Says! because of that lighting thing.

Edited by xFalionx

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

I just remembered that I wanted to ask when exactly the platinums/100%s can be popped. Would that be 00:00 local time on the 22nd?

yup pretty sure thats what everyone will go by.

looking at your ratchet status I would leave the impossible challenge for last as its the most reliable to get on a set date. then again that advice is coming from someone who only has the ace races and nano to the max to do and since i cant do the ace races i see no point in grinding for 6-7 nano bars as it just seems so slow in the first play-through... so i may be biased

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cisele80 said:

looking at your ratchet status I would leave the impossible challenge for last as its the most reliable to get on a set date. then again that advice is coming from someone who only has the ace races and nano to the max to do and since i cant do the ace races i see no point in grinding for 6-7 nano bars as it just seems so slow in the first play-through... so i may be biased

Yeah, I just wanted to ask to make sure. ^_^ 

Thanks for the advice but I was doing the bolts in chronological order, meaning I've only collected those up to the first ace race. Leaving one of the normal ones to collect on the 22nd would probably be the most reliable way to pop the trophy. I might end up having some trouble with the impossible challenge since I remember that I started my first NG+ before completing that challenge and now I've got stronger enemies without the NG+ weapon upgrades. I also hate that spider boss...

Yeah, those races are really frustrating on the Vita. I would have easily gotten the plat when I first played the game but when I failed the races, like you with your nanotech bars, I just kinda didn't care about the impossible challenge trophy anymore. 

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Edit:

I just remembered that I wanted to ask when exactly the platinums/100%s can be popped. Would that be 00:00 local time on the 22nd? If I know that, I could pop a few of those before I go to bed, so I don't have to worry as much about Frobisher Says! because of that lighting thing.

1 hour ago, Cisele80 said:

The games can be popped as soon as the clocks hit February 22nd in your local timezone, so 00:00 is totally fine.

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

But it's still gonna be a problem because those races are really hard on the Vita version...

Personally I didn't have any troubles with the races in R&C 2. The hoverboard-ones in the first game though... Doing that Twisty McMarx was a big PITA. <_< 

7 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Personally I didn't have any troubles with the races in R&C 2. The hoverboard-ones in the first game though... Doing that Twisty McMarx was a big PITA. <_< 

I'm not talking about the Hoverbike races, those were easy. What I'm talking about are the spaceship races through rings, which you need to perfectly absolve without getting behind your opponent to get those 3 platinum bolts. Since the controls weren't really made for the Vita, you can't even call these a PITA anymore. Those levels of annoyance aren't enough to describe these demonic spawns of Satan himself. :|

The hoverboard races are easy in comparison.

Thanks for the info about the time though. ^_^ 

Edited by xFalionx

9 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I'm not talking about the Hoverbike races, those were easy. What I'm talking about are the spaceship races through rings, which you need to perfectly absolve without getting behind your opponent to get those 3 platinum bolts. Since the controls weren't really made for the Vita, you can't even call these a PITA anymore. Those levels of annoyance aren't enough to describe these demonic spawns of Satan himself. :|

The hoverboard races are easy in comparison.

The spaceship races were also quite easy for me. The only thing that might be a bit annoying is that it's easy to lose orientation as there are only a few fix points you can use for orientation. If it comes to annoying minigames I would say that Robotron-like minigame from A Crack in Time (--> My Blaster Runs Hot) or the Qwark-comics in R&C3 are more a big PITA.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

The spaceship races were also quite easy for me. The only thing that might be a bit annoying is that it's easy to lose orientation as there are only a few fix points you can use for orientation. If it comes to annoying minigames I would say that Robotron-like minigame from A Crack in Time (--> My Blaster Runs Hot) or the Qwark-comics in R&C3 are more a big PITA.

That's interesting, the comics in R&C 3 were really easy to me and the A Crack in Time minigame wasn't that much trouble either. I never got frustrated with those things even though I needed 1 or 2 hours before I beat the ACiT minigame. The spaceship races on the other hand... I think I tried the first one for 6 hours and then gave up on the game because I almost made it that time and never got that far again. T.T

I guess for me it's just the controls. The controls of the comics and the ACiT minigame were solid, the spaceship races on the Vita make me feel like I touch the analog stick slightly and end up doing a 180° turn instead of nudging slightly to the side. But then again, I'm not good at racing games in general, especially ones that you have to control on multiple axis instead of the usual left and right steering of cars and the likes.

14 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Yeah, that Twisty McMarx was awful enough on PS3, I can't see how it's even physically possible on Vita. I mean, know people have gotten the trophy on Vita, I just don't see how anyone can actually pull it off. 

Also, I'd like to add MouseCraft as my 5th game, so I'll have 2 Platinums and 3 100%'s. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amitte_Sukku said:

Update: I wanted to go with Steins;Gate only, but now I realized I underestimated its length... :/ I don't think I'll be able to make it. ...unless someone suggests a way out of this mess >.<

If you like the game, don't skip. Stein;s Gate is the best of the VNs I have played, by a LOT. 

If you don't like the game, skipping dialogue can get you through it in a matter of a few hours. Just don't tell Satoshi...

• Like 2

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

If you like the game, don't skip. Stein;s Gate is the best of the VNs I have played, by a LOT. 

If you don't like the game, skipping dialogue can get you through it in a matter of a few hours. Just don't tell Satoshi...

I never even thought of skipping :') I'm really liking it too!

Satoshi... like, the one from Corpse Party?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, maybe, but I was referring to Satoshi Ookami, a poster here who takes his VNs very seriously. xD

If you like it, I would recommend picking a new game for the event. Crimson is pretty easygoing on that.

Oh, shoot, right *facepalms* I have been seeing him around xD

EDIT: I literally can not read;;

Edited by Amitte_Sukku
Correcting mistakes.
  • Like 1

Just now, Amitte_Sukku said:

I never even thought of skipping :') I'm really liking it too!

Satoshi... like, the one from Corpse Party?

No, he meant @Satoshi Ookami, PSNProfiles's Vita/Weeb Ambassador.

And personally I wouldn't recommend to skip Steins;Gate as it's really a nice VN. Maybe you can find a relative short game or finish one of those that you still have left open, although the choices are a bit lackluster to be honest.

@JoaoQuique & @MosesRockefeller:
Will come back to your posts later in the day as I'm a bit busy right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amitte_Sukku said:

Oh, shoot, right *facepalms* I have been seeing him around xD

And by Crimson, you mean...? I'm currently broke right now, so I can't really afford new games :/

You could finish Frobisher Says! for the 22nd. Catching Ponsonby is not that hard if you set up a timer for the right time.

Also, he means Crimson Idol, the guy who is hosting this event ^_^ 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Amitte_Sukku said:

And by Crimson, you mean...? I'm currently broke right now, so I can't really afford new games :/

Me =)

If you are broke the only choices would be Wake-up Club or Frobisher Says! as it seems.

EDIT: Poor Amitte will get confused even more due to all those notifications and quotes. xD

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

You could finish Frobisher Says! for the 22nd. Catching Ponsonby is not that hard if you set up a timer for the right time.

Also, he means Crimson Idol, the guy who is hosting this event ^_^ 

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Me =)

If you are broke the only choices would be Wake-up Club or Frobisher Says! as it seems.

EDIT: Poor Amitte will get confused even more due to all those notifications and quotes. xD

Yeah! I will... try...! And maybe... when next year comes around, I'll be better prepared. Having other challenges in different fields doesn't help either;;

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

DO
NOT
SKIP
VNs

*cowers in fear*

• Like 2