Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Well, I seem to be having some trouble getting some trophies in Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters.  Namely the ones for playing hypernatural and the confession ones.  I can't seem to win a hypernatural match to save my life, but everyone else is way better, so the ghosts aren't winning either.  Also can't seem to get someone's relationship high enough for a confession and the information on this is so lacking and it seems people don't even get how the system works.

If anyone has played this game and can give tips, I'd appreciate it.  But at this point, it's looking like the plat is a no go in time for the 22nd because of these trophies.  I'll get it eventually, but RNG isn't in my favor right now.

I've played it for a few hours and I couldn't make sense of anything in this game. I've managed to win a couple of battles but I honestly don't even know how the game works.

15 minutes ago, Myu said:

I've played it for a few hours and I couldn't make sense of anything in this game. I've managed to win a couple of battles but I honestly don't even know how the game works.

I was able to make enough sense of it to beat the game, twice now.  It's the board game part that you need to get 50 wins on for the plat that is giving me grief along with the confession trophies.  It's definitely a game where you need a guide to make sense of some things because the guides really explain the sense and emotion wheel stuff a bit better than the game does.

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Well, I seem to be having some trouble getting some trophies in Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters.  Namely the ones for playing hypernatural and the confession ones.  I can't seem to win a hypernatural match to save my life, but everyone else is way better, so the ghosts aren't winning either. 

You've probably seen it already, but does this thread from GameFAQs help any?

Updates - Amnesia is pretty much ready for the 22nd.  The final route was the highlight of the game, although sadly also had the most typos and editing mistakes. 

For Letter Quest I still need to play quite a few levels, but it should be manageable by Wednesday hopefully since I shamelessly took advantage of the glitch to get the 3,000 words trophy early.

• Like 1

I'm pretty far in Cadoe:Realize by now and I must say that it completely surpassed everything I was expecting about it, I really fell in love with that game. I love the steampunk setting, the characters are all great and fit together really well, the soundtrack is nice, did I mention the steampunk setting yet? I'm a huge sucker for steampunk. Also, there's a corgi with a steam powered prosthetic leg. I love how the story is lighthearted but still has this sad undertone, which causes a roller coaster of emotions. While the protagonist in Amnesia felt really bland, I'm really loving the protagonist of this game. Instead of a shell that is used to convey my choices to the game, she feels like an actual character that I came to like like the others.

This is probably one of the first games I only found through PS+ that I'd have bought on my own if I knew about it beforehand.

12 hours ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Managed to turn a shitty 8 hour bus ride into alot of progress in AC Liberation today. Got the rest of the story completed, 100%ed all of the missions, got the true ending and managed to get all of the Assassin Persona collectibles in about 5 hours! Now all that's left is a few collectibles and some grinding for random kills and climbing, so this should be ready to pop by the end of the weekend :)

Amnesia on the other hand might take some work, still have a good dozen + endings to get between now and wednesday and I'm not sure how long that'll take. It's been an alright experience so far but it certainly hasn't sold me on the idea of playing alot of VN's in the future, we'll see how I feel about it on the 22nd though, maybe Ikki's eyes will hypnotize me into liking them or something :P

Congrats on that, I wouldn't have been able to do anything on a 8 hour bus ride because I would have been busy puking my guts out. :D For some reason the only form of transportation that doesn't make me sick are trains. :dunno:

Amnesia really isn't a seller at all and I'm pretty sure Ikki won't change that. ^_^ It might be a fun read if you're into VN's already but it's rather bland the only reason it positively surprised me was that my expectations going into the game were pretty much 0 or less . The other VN that was on PS+ IGC, Code:Realize ~Guardians of Rebirth~ is way better on the other hand. It feels a lot more like an actual quality VN and it has a really strong story which pushes the romancing guys part of the otome game to the side. I guess that's opinion based but I found the main characters a lot more likable than those in Amnesia. You should really give it a try if you got it for free with PS+, I'm loving every second of it right now. :D 

1 hour ago, Fitzquaid said:

For Letter Quest I still need to play quite a few levels, but it should be manageable by Wednesday hopefully since I shamelessly took advantage of the glitch to get the 3,000 words trophy early.

I guess I'm pretty bad at spelling long words because I got that trophy almost naturally. :D

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I'm pretty far in Cadoe:Realize by now and I must say that it completely surpassed everything I was expecting about it, I really fell in love with that game. I love the steampunk setting, the characters are all great and fit together really well, the soundtrack is nice, did I mention the steampunk setting yet? I'm a huge sucker for steampunk. Also, there's a corgi with a steam powered prosthetic leg. I love how the story is lighthearted but still has this sad undertone, which causes a roller coaster of emotions. While the protagonist in Amnesia felt really bland, I'm really loving the protagonist of this game. Instead of a shell that is used to convey my choices to the game, she feels like an actual character that I came to like like the others.

Right? Right??? :D

This is one of the few VN where I love every single character! (And let's not forget Impey, Impey is life!)

• Like 2

I haven't updated at all  :shakefist:

But here I am I have Broken Sword 5 eps 1 at 57% currently (12/20) but it will be ready for the deadline and I will get eps 2 done on the day as well. I might add another game to the list but will have to wait and see how difficult it is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Congrats on that, I wouldn't have been able to do anything on a 8 hour bus ride because I would have been busy puking my guts out. :D For some reason the only form of transportation that doesn't make me sick are trains. :dunno:

Ugh, my condolences. It must suck to be unable to go anywhere except on your own two feet or by a train. I don't get carsick or bussick, although riding the bus is a luxury now due to the fact that I have Uber. ;) Is there any way you can get medical help for that? You could actually play your Vita on a bus if you didn't have that problem. Of course, you could turn a crappy 8 hour train ride into a gaming experience. (Though why anyone would do that is beyond me, train rides are fun because you can watch the world fly by outside the window. I like train rides and plane rides, even though they are both really expensive and there isn't a train anywhere near where I live.)

On topic, my game's cursor is set on the Chapter Select of Rimuldar, will get started as soon as I make myself take a shower. I also have to go back to the PS4 briefly to completing my beta test of LEGO Harry Potters Years 1-4 to see if it's okay for the Platinum Pyramid. Will update tonight if I do continue playing.

I think I'll have to skip some endings in Code:Realize because of the short time that's left but I'll be sure to check them out later on, this VN is definitely worth it.

1 hour ago, NebbyLunala said:

Ugh, my condolences. It must suck to be unable to go anywhere except on your own two feet or by a train. I don't get carsick or bussick, although riding the bus is a luxury now due to the fact that I have Uber. ;) Is there any way you can get medical help for that? You could actually play your Vita on a bus if you didn't have that problem. Of course, you could turn a crappy 8 hour train ride into a gaming experience. (Though why anyone would do that is beyond me, train rides are fun because you can watch the world fly by outside the window. I like train rides and plane rides, even though they are both really expensive and there isn't a train anywhere near where I live.)

There is special chewing gum that helps with it but while it stops me from puking, it makes my mouth feel numb and it won't stop the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, so it's still not all that great. At least it made me feel well enough to study some Japanese vocabulary on a 1 hour bus ride once. I guess I could also play Vita with that but it's really much of an enjoyable experience either way. The one and only school trip I took had a 2 hours bus ride to the place and back, and that was one of the worst experiences of my lifetime. After that I was mysteriously missing on all other school trips, what a coincidence, huh? ^_^ 

Luckily I live next to a train station but I don't get around much anyways, I don't really have any money for traveling or doing anything fancy. I've also never been on a plane or boat before. I think I might be fine on a plane, but I guess I won't know until I get to fly one.

Also, trains are annoying in their own way (at least in Germany they are more often late than they are not) but I'd rather walk an hour than to go 10 minutes by bus.

8 hours ago, xFalionx said:

This is probably one of the first games I only found through PS+ that I'd have bought on my own if I knew about it beforehand.

Amnesia really isn't a seller at all and I'm pretty sure Ikki won't change that. ^_^ It might be a fun read if you're into VN's already but it's rather bland the only reason it positively surprised me was that my expectations going into the game were pretty much 0 or less . The other VN that was on PS+ IGC, Code:Realize ~Guardians of Rebirth~ is way better on the other hand. It feels a lot more like an actual quality VN and it has a really strong story which pushes the romancing guys part of the otome game to the side. I guess that's opinion based but I found the main characters a lot more likable than those in Amnesia. You should really give it a try if you got it for free with PS+, I'm loving every second of it right now. :D 

I guess I'm pretty bad at spelling long words because I got that trophy almost naturally. :D

Good! Code Realize is definitely superior to Amnesia =D

7 hours ago, Myu said:

And let's not forget Impey, Impey is life!)

Why the worst character? xD

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xFalionx said:

That bus ride normally isn't so bad, but combine a Canadian winter with the bus company not having a second bus available for all the people that showed up, not a good time. I'd have tried Code Realize first if it wasn't for how big the game is and how small (4GB) my memory card is, but once I manage to get some Vita games done I'll be sure to give it a try (I got it from + as well, a couple months before I actually got my Vita) :)

• Like 1

Nice to see the Code:Realize-love unfolding. ^_^

6 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

Please can you add resistance: burning skies to my list. I beat the game few minutes ago, need 4 more kills to make the plat pop ? so will definitely get it on the day

Added it to your list. :)

3 hours ago, chellesan said:

Wow only 5 days, it's a race to the clock for finishing neptune vs Sega hard girls,  I'm like 18 trophies away and close to finishing the game,  but the most trophies are the grinding one, hope i make it 

Might be a little tough by now. But you readied Digimon, which is a honorable task on it's own. :)

There's always one ruining the fun, ehh?

daafb572417a61885e4c743f89025baf3f27549c

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Soooooooooooooo, I don't think it's possible for me to plat a Vita game on February 22nd :| . Birth by Sleep took a lot longer then expected.

And as it perfectly fits the last Vita-game you played:

ae2.gif 

Never getting old. :awesome: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

My body is ready, bring it :awesome: .

Nah, I leave that to @Satoshi Ookami. In the meantime I will organize the birthday party with those lovely ladies:

Spoiler

ad9c91f7a59a697393844c47272acbb1681c9ea6

4 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

@Crimson Idol Can you change my game to Day of the Tentacle Remastered? At this point I don't have enough time to even get half way through Persona 4 Golden but I still want to show my love for the Vita :D.

Updated your list. :) 

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Good! Code Realize is definitely superior to Amnesia =D

Why the worst character? xD

I knew I couldn't expect Your loli-obsessed Highness to understand how awesome Impey is :P

People tend to know about Frankenstein, Lupin and Van Helsing's original story but Saint-Germain and Impey deserve your love too! Especially Saint-chan who was a master troll in his own century :D

I've got Code:Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ ready to pop now. :D To pop the trophy I only need to get the CG from Lupin's good ending.

Let's see if I can win the race against time and complete PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate and R&C2 in time, that would give me 10 games for the 5th anniversary. ^_^ 

32. xFalionx

Hide contents

Western Birthday:
- Amnesia: Memories *ready to pop*
- Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ *ready to pop*
- Color Guardians *ready to pop*
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered *ready to pop*
- Frobisher Says! *ready to pop*
- Letter Quest Remastered *ready to pop*
- Persona 4 Golden *ready to pop*
- Pumped BMX+ *ready to pop*

Probably:
- Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando

Edit: @Crimson Idol If you're still offering to boost PixelJunk Shooter I'd like to take you up on that as the MP seems to be completely dead by now.

Since there's only 7 wins required, one of which without the enemy scoring any points, it should be pretty quick.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

There's always one ruining the fun, ehh?

daafb572417a61885e4c743f89025baf3f27549c

Just purchased Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed on the Vita, it was on a Flash Sale so it only cost $6. But I'm not gonna make it a short-term as I heard it's got a insane grinding curve. Still, I got it for cheap and I saw it fights like Kingdom Hearts which I love. ^_^

Anyways, just started on Chapter 2 and defeated the Drohl Defiler to get the Antidote recipe. Now I am going to look for the special puzzles and farm Earth blocks to build a wall around Rimuldar while waiting for patient #2 to recover. :S

Edited by NebbyLunala

3 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

Just purchased HDN U, it was on a Flash Sale so it only cost $6. But I'm not gonna make it a short-term as I heard it's got a insane grinding curve. Still, I got it for cheap and I saw it fights like Kingdom Hearts which I love. ^_^

Have fun platting it! ^_^ NepNep games are fun, but grinding really sucks. Especially when it comes to lily ranks :| I'd have purchased it as well if only my main account was NA

Edited by blxckenigma