Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

Hm. I have a tiny-tiny 8GB card, and can't really keep games on it until February (and PSN keeps kicking me out because lol why not, so no easy redownloading for me either), so I won't be able to provide a list until the very last moment.

But I'll be sure to save something for both Japanese and Western release dates.

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

The Power of Truth is a good one and was also my last one.  The harder part of that is meeting the conditions.  Once you meet them, it's easy.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. :)

Hm. I have a tiny-tiny 8GB card, and can't really keep games on it until February (and PSN keeps kicking me out because lol why not, so no easy redownloading for me either), so I won't be able to provide a list until the very last moment.

But I'll be sure to save something for both Japanese and Western release dates.

That's no excuse, I only have an 8GB card as well and I'm doing fine. You just gotta throw the games you finish or don't actually want to play off the system. There's enough space to have 2-8 games on there if you use it efficiently.

You can also use your PC as a dump for all of the games you're not done playing and copy them over along with the saves, then you can swap games with their saves in a matter of minutes.

Yeah.  Count me in as well.  Like a lot of people, I'm not sure what game(s) I'll platinum on that day, but I'm in anyway.  Love the Vita!

EDIT: Y'know what?  I'm playing God Eater 2: Rage Burst right now on Vita and have both Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus sitting on my shelf waiting to be played so I would say 1,2 or all of them I might platinum on that day.  Depends on time and motivation.  Definitely 1 of them anyway.

Edited by Spider-Man916
  • Like 1

Hi. I'd like to sign up.  Majority of my games are from PS Vita. I'd probably plat or 100% any of the following:

Flowers

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Dead Nation

Resistance Burning Skies

Killzone Mercenary

Ys! Ys! Ys! Go for it. =D

Added BTW.

I'd like to join this event. I nominate LEGO Batman 2.

Added.

Yeah.  Count me in as well.  Like a lot of people, I'm not sure what game(s) I'll platinum on that day, but I'm in anyway.  Love the Vita!

EDIT: Y'know what?  I'm playing God Eater 2: Rage Burst right now on Vita and have both Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus sitting on my shelf waiting to be played so I would say 1,2 or all of them I might platinum on that day.  Depends on time and motivation.  Definitely 1 of them anyway.

You make Vita blush with this selection of games. :D

Personally I prefered Shinovi over Estival on the Vita. Can't say anything about God Eater 2 as I'm not into monster hunting/slaying-games but I heard it's also an enjoyable game.

Added, too.

Sure, why not? I can set aside some time to get a Vita plat or 100%.

Spoiler

For the Japanese birthdate, December 17th, I'll pop my Vita version of Dragon Quest Builders. (Just need to defeat the Dragonlord again to get the Ruler of Rimuldar trophy.)

Spoiler

For Feburary 22nd... Persona 4 Golden. It'll be a forced incentive to get that Hardcore Risette Fan trophy, then the other trophies will be easy to complete. ^_^

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2016 at 1:51 PM, tsuki_-no-_usagi said:

I'll join, but don't know which game yet to use. xD I'll think of something soon.

I'll be playing "Hyperdimension Action Neptunia U" for this event. Don't know if I will add another since a lot of my games are being played for the Winter Backlog. Maybe something between now and then will also catch my attention.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Sure, why not? I can set aside some time to get a Vita plat or 100%.

Reveal hidden contents

For the Japanese birthdate, December 17th, I'll pop my Vita version of Dragon Quest Builders. (Just need to defeat the Dragonlord again to get the Ruler of Rimuldar trophy.)

Reveal hidden contents

For Feburary 22nd... Persona 4 Golden. It'll be a forced incentive to get that Hardcore Risette Fan trophy, then the other trophies will be easy to complete. ^_^

10 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

I'm so in. Great idea. I'll update with a game choice within the next couple weeks.

Will add you both to the post. :)

8 hours ago, tsuki_-no-_usagi said:

I'll be playing "Hyperdimension Action Neptunia U" for this event. Don't know if I will add another since a lot of my games are being played for the Winter Backlog. Maybe something between now and then will also catch my attention.

Will update this. Action Unleashed was a nice game (prefer it more than Megatagmension atm) but the Lily Grind was really annoying in that one.

Off-Topic:
Shit, I have to redo the opening post as all profile-links now lead to forum.psnprofiles.com/<PSN-ID>. And there's no BBCode-editor.  Arrgh. :devil:

Love the idea. Can I join? I haven't decided on a game yet. I have a lot of games to finish, including some Vita Exclusives (although the HDN games tend to get ported to PC). 

Here are the ones that come to mind
Superdimension Neptunia
MegaTagmension Neptunia
Muramasa Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Freedom Wars

Anyway, let me think about it a bit and I'll pick one. 

On 12/5/2016 at 5:01 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Added. I also want to add Volume (my LRG-copy should arrive this week) and for Sly 3: Good luck with those challenges!

Volume is a fantastic game. I'd probably pick that if I hadn't already finished it. Sadly the Vita port was delayed so I played most of the story on PS4. For some reason the cloud sync didn't work for me, and my progress didn't transfer over so I had to play through the whole thing again on Vita, which I didn't mind. It's not the best port in terms of visuals/performance ratio on Vita, but it's definitely playable. 

EDIT: Edited to remove stupid unnecessary line spacing. :angry:

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Love the idea. Can I join? I haven't decided on a game yet. 

I have a lot of games to finish, including some Vita Exclusives (although the HDN games tend to get ported to PC). 

Here are the ones that come to mind: 

Superdimension Neptunia

MegaTagmension Neptunia

Muramasa Rebirth

Persona 4 Golden

Anyway, let me think about it a bit and I'll pick one. 

Sure you can join. Already added you to the OP with the list.
I'm currently playing Megatagmension and I don't like the gameplay as much as Action Unleashed but compared to that the grind (especially lily ranks) seems to be non existent. Muramasa might be quite a challenge. Can't comment on the others yet. 

15 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Volume is a fantastic game. I'd probably pick that if I hadn't already finished it. Sadly the Vita port was delayed so I played most of the story on PS4. For some reason the cloud sync didn't work for me, and my progress didn't transfer over so I had to play through the whole thing again on Vita, which I didn't mind. It's not the best port in terms of visuals/performance ratio on Vita, but it's definitely playable. 

Good to know. I can live with the fact when the port isn't optimal as long as it's playable (I look at you, Doki-Doki :shakefist: ).
I have heard good things about Volume and although stealth games aren't my favorite genre I wanted to give it a go. And considering that it got a limited retail release I decided to give the game a chance. :D

25 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Good to know. I can live with the fact when the port isn't optimal as long as it's playable (I look at you, Doki-Doki :shakefist: ).
I have heard good things about Volume and although stealth games aren't my favorite genre I wanted to give it a go. And considering that it got a limited retail release I decided to give the game a chance. :D

I'm not sure if you only play retail Vita games (which drops the Vita's library down significantly), but if you haven't played it, you should try the previous game from the maker of Volume (Mike Bithell), called Thomas Was Alone. Sadly it has no Platinum, but it's one of the best indie games to come out in the past few years. If it had stackable trophies on Playstation I'd get all 3. I had already played it on PC but I loved going back through it on Vita and then again on Xbox One. I loved it so much that Volume was an insta-buy for me. Thomas Was Alone was actually a free PS+ game back in 2014 for US PS+ members, but I happily bought a copy before that. 

In fact, I'll nominate Thomas Was Alone as a great choice for this event. It's not particularly challenging but it's a great game and has a couple of great choices for "easy trophies to save for later". 

2 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm not sure if you only play retail Vita games (which drops the Vita's library down significantly), but if you haven't played it, you should try the previous game from the maker of Volume (Mike Bithell), called Thomas Was Alone. Sadly it has no Platinum, but it's one of the best indie games to come out in the past few years. If it had stackable trophies on Playstation I'd get all 3. I had already played it on PC but I loved going back through it on Vita and then again on Xbox One. I loved it so much that Volume was an insta-buy for me. Thomas Was Alone was actually a free PS+ game back in 2014 for US PS+ members, but I happily bought a copy before that. 

In fact, I'll nominate Thomas Was Alone as a great choice for this event. It's not particularly challenging but it's a great game and has a couple of great choices for "easy trophies to save for later". 

I'm not one of those hardcore "no physical no buy"-people. I have quite a large collection of retail games for Vita (>60 games as of now) but also quite a lot of digital-only games. And I already own Thomas Was Alone due to PS+ but I also bought that game's physical. It was really a charming experience to play TWA. Main reason why I liked it was the charming narratives. And I like Mike Bithell's humor. Like many game manuals the one for Volume contains some sites where you can take notes. And he made them kinda special:

Spoiler

EN36PUZ.jpg

W7eDI4J.jpg

How can you not love a dev like him? :D

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

I'm not one of those hardcore "no physical no buy"-people. I have quite a large collection of retail games for Vita (>60 games as of now) but also quite a lot of digital-only games. And I already own Thomas Was Alone due to PS+ but I also bought that game's physical. It was really a charming experience to play TWA. Main reason why I liked it was the charming narratives. And I like Mike Bithell's humor. Like many game manuals the one for Volume contains some sites where you can take notes. And he made them kinda special:

Hide contents

EN36PUZ.jpg

W7eDI4J.jpg

Best manual. Nuff said.

11 hours ago, chellesan said:

i join to, mine games are digimon story cybersleuth and Superdimension Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls, digimon im halfway trough the story so that give me the time to collect all the digimon and neptunia games are not that hard

You have been added. Good luck with Digimon The medal grind is really annoying.

10 hours ago, Leo Leopold Leon III said:

yeah sure I'll join in, I have a ton of games to finish anyway so might as well aim for that date xD
oh and idk which game I'll do, maybe Spy Chameleon or Dokuro since most others are...a bit harder to finish xD

Added. Can't say anything about Spy Chameleon but Dokuro is a nice game. It may be a little hard to save an easy trophy for last. I would recommend to ignore a coin in one of the earlier levels and go for everything else.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Reveal hidden contents

EN36PUZ.jpg

W7eDI4J.jpg

Oh, I didn't realize Thomas Was Alone got a physical version. Cool. 

Personally I prefer digital games on every one of my systems. I don't like switching discs and I regularly rotate games before finishing one of them (probably why my completion rate is so bad, but I don't care about that). Also, manuals were a big part of the appeal of physical games for me, and hardly any games have actual manuals anymore (obviously Volume is an exception, that's awesome). But I support physical games being available for Vita for those players that prefer them. If every game still came with a manual, I might go physical more often. 

I'm glad to see Spy Chamleon and Dokuro mentioned, those are both games that had difficulty spikes for me and I need to go back and finish, because I enjoyed both of them. 

15 hours ago, chellesan said:

thx for letting me join, its the first time i do a event like this with holding my platinum until the day, it will be fun to find out wich trophy i need to put to hold to not get the platinum and offcourse i cannot listen to my brain that always says get the platinum nowxD

Why shouldn't I let you join? The more, the merrier. :D
For Digimon I can't really say which trophy is best saved for last but I would say the one for getting 30 coliseum wins. For Superdimension I would say that the typical Lily Rank-grind is best saved for last.