Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

21 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

As the person who started this I'm proud to say that I'm the first person who can say that (s)he's ready to pop a plat. :D (or at least the first to mention this :ninja:)
Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs. Zombies is now done. All that remains for February 22nd is to buy 20 accessoires. The only thing I can say for now is screw this game and it's stupid trophies tied to random drops. It might be not as time intensive as Action Unleashed with the lily rank grind but playing the same quests dozens of times just to hope that one item might drop isn't fun at all. Especially when you get other random drops (some costumes) for a second time. ::shakefist:

You should play Xenoverse. I have a feeling you'd really enjoy it. ;) RNG in that game was horrendous.. And I would suggest running far away from Noire. :lol: I don't know how long it's going to take me to finish. Estimate is 70 hours, and I'm just over 40. Haven't played Action Unleashed, but I would wager that it's Lily grind is not nearly as bad. :/ 

16 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

You should play Xenoverse. I have a feeling you'd really enjoy it. ;) RNG in that game was horrendous.. And I would suggest running far away from Noire. :lol: I don't know how long it's going to take me to finish. Estimate is 70 hours, and I'm just over 40. Haven't played Action Unleashed, but I would wager that it's Lily grind is not nearly as bad. :/ 

I can't run away from Hyperdevotion. I plan to plat all Neptune-games and I already own the Noire-spinoff. And I know that the Lily grind in that game is real with it's 20+ characters. The one in Unleashed is tame in comparion to the one in Hyperdevotion. I had a total playing time of 34 hours and 12 of them were dedicated to that grind. 

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

I can't run away from Hyperdevotion. I plan to plat all Neptune-games and I already own the Noire-spinoff. And I know that the Lily grind in that game is real with it's 20+ characters. The one in Unleashed is tame in comparion to the one in Hyperdevotion. I had a total playing time of 34 hours and 12 of them were dedicated to that grind. 

Doesn't sound too bad. I'm expecting to spend 30+ hours on Lily grinding in Noire. :/ Good luck getting them all. :) Don't know if I ever will.. I think this will be my third, and they just keep pumping them out faster than I can play them. DX

Was going to play Knack but realized that tomorrow is the day the Playstation Vita came out in Japan, I did promise to platinum DQB on my Vita for that date, and I am only 190 points to Level 18 and I decided that that platinum will be the trophy to put me to Level 18 in my Gamer Rank and my #AnswerToLifeTheUniverseAndEverything platinum. (If you get the reference to the number, I salute you. That was one of my favorite well-read book series which I enjoyed long before I started playing video games. RIP Author.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Was going to play Knack but realized that tomorrow is the day the Playstation Vita came out in Japan, I did promise to platinum DQB on my Vita for that date, and I am only 190 points to Level 18 and I decided that that platinum will be the trophy to put me to Level 18 in my Gamer Rank and my #AnswerToLifeTheUniverseAndEverything platinum. (If you get the reference to the number, I salute you. That was one of my favorite well-read book series which I enjoyed long before I started playing video games. RIP Author.)

Good luck with DQB. But I prefer the #23. :D

Just post either here or in the Most Recent Platinum-thread (or in both) when you have achieved the plat I will add it to the list of japanese birthday plats later today.

I also decided to also pop my Megatagmension-plat to celebrate the day. It has school girls, zombies, is a musou-like game, contains grind, RNG, and fanservice. Typical elements for japanese game nowadays, making it a perfect game to celebrate this day. :D

Speaking of japanese birthday:

Happy JP-Birthday Vita-tan! :dance: 

Welp, I've popped Rainbow Moon. Yeah, it isn't Japanese, is multiplatform, and doesn't really fit now that I think about it, but I've played it exclusively on Vita and it was the only game close to being done. Plus, it's a very grindy RPG... does it count? Kinda? Sorta?

I could've popped Disgaea 4 instead, but I'm saving it for the #40.

Won't be able to sync it for a while though. PSN keeps slamming its doors right into my face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NetEntity said:

Welp, I've popped Rainbow Moon. Yeah, it isn't Japanese, is multiplatform, and doesn't really fit now that I think about it, but I've played it exclusively on Vita and it was the only game close to being done. Plus, it's a very grindy RPG... does it count? Kinda? Sorta?

I could've popped Disgaea 4 instead, but I'm saving it for the #40.

Won't be able to sync it for a while though. PSN keeps slamming its doors right into my face.

Why shouldn't it fit? It's a Vita-game and that's what matters. ;) Added it to the list in the OP.

Congrats on the plat and it's interesting to see that the last trophy was the one for the 100 hours. From some I heard that the post-game takes much longer than the time for getting this trophy.

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats on the plat and it's interesting to see that the last trophy was the one for the 100 hours. From some I heard that the post-game takes much longer than the time for getting this trophy.

Well, not really. I've finished everything around 90 hours (91:20, to be precise), and ended up waiting out the final 9.

Grind to the 500th level went pretty swimmingly as well, mostly thanks to the Baldren ending up with crazy stats (thanks to the Pearl and XP Rain skills), and the insane amount of HP (thanks to the Inflated status and again, the pearls). Late post-game fights give a ton of pearls, so with each successful fight I got stronger and stronger... and cockier. I've pretty much blazed through the final 150ish level grind simply by going into the lowest level of Stormlord Den and killing the Tarantellas.

45 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Well, not really. I've finished everything around 90 hours (91:20, to be precise), and ended up waiting out the final 9.

Grind to the 500th level went pretty swimmingly as well, mostly thanks to the Baldren ending up with crazy stats (thanks to the Pearl and XP Rain skills), and the insane amount of HP (thanks to the Inflated status and again, the pearls). Late post-game fights give a ton of pearls, so with each successful fight I got stronger and stronger... and cockier. I've pretty much blazed through the final 150ish level grind simply by going into the lowest level of Stormlord Den and killing the Tarantellas.

Interesting to know. I read some comments from players that needed 150 hours and more. Overall it seems like the 100 hours trophy is reasonable and doesn't feel as tacked one as for other games, though. And it reads like the post-game is kinda broken as it sounds like it was rather easy to do this all.

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

Interesting to know. I read some comments from players that needed 150 hours and more. Overall it seems like the 100 hours trophy is reasonable and doesn't feel as tacked one as for other games, though. And it reads like the post-game is kinda broken as it sounds like it was rather easy to do this all.

Well, you can certainly make your life easier with the right approach. Howewer, the road to power is nothing to scoff at (the 100 to 250 level stage, at least), as you are required to fight the enemies much stronger than you to proceed. Case in point, the first Tarantella encounter. They are level 400ish, and your level cap at the time you first encounter them is 250. And you need the item they are guarding to break the damn cap in the first place. Then there is section with Bone Lords in other dungeon... I remember beating the group that guarded the way to the room where the quest items lay, rejoicing, going inside and seeing four treasure chests... each guarded by the Bone Lords, their groups loads stronger than the group I've just beaten. Fun.

They are manageable, but you'll need to actually think instead of rushing in. HP leveling, smart skill setups, usage of buffs and debuffs, and - the most important - using the enemy placement to your advantage. As if, trap the strongest enemies in the crowds of weaker ones to make them stand diagonal to you. They won't be able to attack that way. 

But once you'll get to the sweet, sweet post-250 stage? Slowly, with each fight, you get stronger, and stronger, stop cherry-picking your battles, and drown in the pearls. Power leveling speed at that part is crazy.

13 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

*snip*

Okay, this makes it sound a bit harder. Reminds me a bit of the three optional DLC-dungeons of Fairy Fencer F which are a much easier way to get the required gold for one trophy. Each one of them are for a recommended level cap (101 - 399, 400 - 699, 700-999) and if you are at the minimum level you have to watch out for nearly all enemies as they can more or less insta-kill you. But once you hit the sweet spot of being in the upper third of the recommended level range they get easy to handle and it's easier to walk through the dungeons (also the game is still quite repetitive at that moment).  Definitely sounds like a well-deserved plat. :)

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

I actually read the opposite =D That it's doable in 60-70 hours and you have to AFK the rest.

9 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Speaking of japanese birthday:

Happy JP-Birthday Vita-tan! :dance: 

Arigatou! Hontou ni arigatou!

Omedetou, Vita-tan!

51 minutes ago, Myu said:

I thought the plat popping part on February 22nd only?

Like NetEntity said some just wanted to celebrate the japanese birthday, too. But that was completely optional. 

10 hours ago, DetectiveCJ said:

2016-12-17-190242.jpg

There you go, happy birthday Japanese Vita! Dragon Quest Builder is my 42nd platinum on this day and pushed me to Gamer Rank Level 18. :)

Congrats. Added the plat to the OP. :)

1 hour ago, JoaoQuique said:

I'm joining. For Vita-tan.

I'll try at least three "platinumable" games: WRC 5, Rugby 15 (obviously Vita's trophy set for both them... :D) and Let's Fish Hooked On - maybe I'll try some quick-and-easy non-platinum Vita games as well...

You've been added. And that's quite an unconventional list I have to say. oO

I think I'm going to choose games from my backlog, as I am now focusing on platting as many PS3-only games as I can before I buy a PS4.

- World of Final Fantasy

- Color Guardians (this one is pretty glitchy, I don't know if I will get the plat)

- Demon Gaze (currently stuck on the final boss)

- Teslagrad (great game to remind you you lack skills, one trophy remaining)

- Whispering Willows (started it to keep myself busy on my 6 hour train a few month ago, never played it again)

And eventually, SAO Lost Song and RootLetter, brand new and waiting for their chance to shine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myu said:

I think I'm going to choose games from my backlog, as I am now focusing on platting as many PS3-only games as I can before I buy a PS4.

- World of Final Fantasy

- Color Guardians (this one is pretty glitchy, I don't know if I will get the plat)

- Demon Gaze (currently stuck on the final boss)

- Teslagrad (great game to remind you you lack skills, one trophy remaining)

- Whispering Willows (started it to keep myself busy on my 6 hour train a few month ago, never played it again)

And eventually, SAO Lost Song and RootLetter, brand new and waiting for their chance to shine.

Added the list.

About Demon Gaze: The last story boss was also my personal deal breaker where I decided to discontinue the game. It seemed to me like that boss has to be done with one specific party or otherwise it will wipe the floor with you. :/

Teslagrad was rather easy most of the time for me. But the bosses were quite annoying and overall I didn't really liked it. It was also one of the few games I instantly stopped playing after getting the plat as the final segment of the game was a nuisance for me.

53 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

im_ready_game_of_thrones.gif

All but one trophy obtained in Hyperdevotion Noire. Just have to beat the final bosses again, and select the other ending option. 

Congrats. As a reward I will send you a package full of games (mainly games with 100+ hours) you can finish in the meantime. After that I can successfully mark them on my list as finished. :ninja: