Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

10 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

About Demon Gaze: The last story boss was also my personal deal breaker where I decided to discontinue the game. It seemed to me like that boss has to be done with one specific party or otherwise it will wipe the floor with you. :/

Teslagrad was rather easy most of the time for me. But the bosses were quite annoying and overall I didn't really liked it. It was also one of the few games I instantly stopped playing after getting the plat as the final segment of the game was a nuisance for me.

That's exactly what I'm planning to do with Demon Gaze. Grind a lot and get the perfect team, otherwise, I don't know how I'm gonna get that plat.

Teslagrad was not as good as a thought it would be, but it's very frustrating, especially when the L and R buttons don't work properly.

13 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

About Demon Gaze: The last story boss was also my personal deal breaker where I decided to discontinue the game. It seemed to me like that boss has to be done with one specific party or otherwise it will wipe the floor with you. :/

Do you mean Sol? Because he went down pretty fast for me. Light Veil was a life-saver.

Actually, I think I'll save Demon Gaze for this. I've finally stopped getting new items from Nameless Gems at God's Eden, decided that it was the time to grind katanas, and got God's Arms and both Muramasas one after another thanks to the crazy streak of luck. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Do you mean Sol? Because he went down pretty fast for me. Light Veil was a life-saver.

Actually, I think I'll save Demon Gaze for this. I've finally stopped getting new items from Nameless Gems at God's Eden, decided that it was the time to grind katanas, and got God's Arms and both Muramasas one after another thanks to the crazy streak of luck. 

What party did you use? And what gear? I've never heard of someone beating Sol easily and your answer could probably help me a great deal!

Just now, Myu said:

What party did you use? And what gear? I've never heard of someone beating Sol easily and your answer could probably help me a great deal!

Gazer (Pure AGI, then STR after AGI went above 30), Demon Slayer+30, Ice Brand+15, Divine Body, Shadow Step and Dual-Wield arts

Paladin (Pure VIT, then STR after VIT maxed), Magestic Lance+10

Ranger (VIT + AGI), Dark Angel Bow+4. He also had a Gazer Sense art, but it was purely for Whistle, so I won't waste turns with Gazer

Assassin (AGI + LUC), Eclipse+25, Angry Chakram+10

Healer (Pure MYS, with some VIT thrown in), didn't bother with equips, apart from giving her the Aegis Mirror for defense boost, with Fast Cast art.

The defensive gear didn't really matter, I just gave them whatever was the most powerful in my inventory, not even any uniques. No one used shields, apart from Healer anyway.

Demons: Mars (lvl 22), Chronos (lvl 22), Uranus (lvl 16) 

Everyone was around level 36-37. Position 1:4, only Paladin in the front row.

Before starting the fight: cast Whistle, Force Hit and Force Avoid.

Bring plenty of Fake Dolls with you (buy them at Item Shop) and some Demon Vases.

Gazer: first turn, immidiately cast Light Veil and keep it up throughout the fight. Next turn, call up on Mars if you wish to be offensive or Chronos for defensive. Don't let any of demons die, or you'll lose their buffs. Never call them off unless they are close to dying, because if Sol hits you with Soul Gaze, it's over.

Afterward, just chain Concentrate-Jupiter Bane on Sol like crazy.

Paladin serves as the meat shield, so keep them alive, healthy and Defended. They can whack on the summoned demons to whittle their health from time to time.

Ranger spams Concentrate EX + True Snipe, and renews Whistles.

Assassin holds Sol in place with Cross Fix to help Gazer to score more hits with his Banes, and uses Mirage to shield the party and give Healer time to heal or buff.

Healer spams Holy Shield and heals-buffs. Cast Force Guard and Divine Armor on your Paladin the first chance you get, and Fast-Cast a couple of Multi-Hits too.

Use Demon Vase if Sol tries to buff himself.

Sol is your primary target in this fight. Bane and Snipe him constantly, and have Paladin and Assassin to help when Sol moves to the front row. Don't bother with the dark demons. For me, he always summoned Dark Comet at the start, and she is no threat at all. I think Dark Astro was the second, but he didn't really get to do anything... Sol already was close to dying at that point, and I've switched to Mars, so she kept him at bay.

I hope everyone comes back to write what they have chosen and write updates. I don't plan to start my game/s (World of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest Builders-probably, Trails of Cold Steel-most likely) until the new year. Would be nice to finish 1 game off my profile before I load up a new one.

19 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Teslagrad was rather easy most of the time for me. But the bosses were quite annoying and overall I didn't really liked it. It was also one of the few games I instantly stopped playing after getting the plat as the final segment of the game was a nuisance for me.

Oh, I definitely agree. That was one of the two reasons I even bothered with the game - the other was the amazing story and the story told by the scrolls. I just watched a video of someone beating the final boss after one failed attempt; the thought of going through all that stuff right after you get the last scroll again was too painful. If they had put in a trophy saying you had to beat the game, I would have done it, but I would have cussed and bit my arm a lot while doing it. (Yes, I bite my arm when I am frustrated as hell. Explains why I am now suffering from 100% sinus problems and will probably die of medical complications at the age of 60. :p)

I'm in. My schedule in the first half of 2017 will get messy, I don't even know if I'll remember to get a plat on Feb 22nd, but we'll see.

Potential candidates are Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-, Adventurers of Mana, Ciel nosurge offline and Freedom Wars. No way I'm going to do all four, but that's what I currently have on my PSV. Adventurers of Mana seems to be the shortest of the four, that's my plan for this event.

I might go ahead and get another game or two that I probably won't play until way later over the coming months. These could be used for this as well.

Edited by viech54

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I hope everyone comes back to write what they have chosen and write updates. I don't plan to start my game/s (World of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest Builders-probably, Trails of Cold Steel-most likely) until the new year. Would be nice to finish 1 game off my profile before I load up a new one.

It's up to each on their own. There are some talkative persons and then there are some silent one. But everyone can feel free to use this topic to post their impressions of the games played and chosen. :)

3 hours ago, viech54 said:

I'm in. My schedule in the first half of 2017 will get messy, I don't even know if I'll remember to get a plat on Feb 22nd, but we'll see.

Potential candidates are Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-, Adventurers of Mana, Ciel nosurge offline and Freedom Wars. No way I'm going to do all four, but that's what I currently have on my PSV. Adventurers of Mana seems to be the shortest of the four, that's my plan for this event.

I might go ahead and get another game or two that I probably won't play until way later over the coming months. These could be used for this as well.

You've been added. :)

Can only comment about Mana but it should be the shortest of those games. If you know what to do it takes 12 to 15 hours, if you don't know you can add up to 5 hours. Oh and I'm envious about that Ciel Nosurge. Sadly Koei decided to never localize the game. I would have liked to try it out but as i can't understand japanese at all a story- and text-heavy game is a no-go for me. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

You've been added. :)

Can only comment about Mana but it should be the shortest of those games. If you know what to do it takes 12 to 15 hours, if you don't know you can add up to 5 hours. Oh and I'm envious about that Ciel Nosurge. Sadly Koei decided to never localize the game. I would have liked to try it out but as i can't understand japanese at all a story- and text-heavy game is a no-go for me. 

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I got the Agent Pack (Ciel nosurge Offline, Ar nosurge Plus and some merchandise) with the help of a friend who lives in Japan. He can get more or less everything (and normally cheaper than eBay or other shopping sites), so whenever I need something from Japan, I ask him first. He owns an online shop (not well-known, I never had any problems ordering anything from him, but customs offices in Germany really seem to hate my orders from his shop), I can give you the URL if you want.

It's not that different for me, I can somewhat understand Japenese, but not read it at all. I tried to learn it once and stopped due to time constraints. That's why I never finished Ciel nosurge Offline - it's just not really enjoyable without decent Japanese skills. That didn't stop me from completing some games in Japanese, though. It's not like I don't understand anything at all, just not everything.

Anyway, I know some people who'd be interested in translating the game into English. It won't run on a regular Vita, but things aren't looked that bad. If I say anything more, I'll probably get a warning/be banned, so I'll leave it at that.

In the meantime, you can take a look at the videos of an acquaintance of mine, he records the entirety of Ciel nosurge, translates it into English and  then edits it all into his videos on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwSajs2z_UH3CYeD29mgilg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, viech54 said:

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I got the Agent Pack (Ciel nosurge Offline, Ar nosurge Plus and some merchandise) with the help of a friend who lives in Japan. He can get more or less everything (and normally cheaper than eBay or other shopping sites), so whenever I need something from Japan, I ask him first. He owns an online shop (not well-known, I never had any problems ordering anything from him, but customs offices in Germany really seem to hate my orders from his shop), I can give you the URL if you want.

It's not that different for me, I can somewhat understand Japenese, but not read it at all. I tried to learn it once and stopped due to time constraints. That's why I never finished Ciel nosurge Offline - it's just not really enjoyable without decent Japanese skills. That didn't stop me from completing some games in Japanese, though. It's not like I don't understand anything at all, just not everything.

Anyway, I know some people who'd be interested in translating the game into English. It won't run on a regular Vita, but things aren't looked that bad. If I say anything more, I'll probably get a warning/be banned, so I'll leave it at that.

In the meantime, you can take a look at the videos of an acquaintance of mine, he records the entirety of Ciel nosurge, translates it into English and  then edits it all into his videos on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwSajs2z_UH3CYeD29mgilg

Thanks for the offer. I will kindly accept the link to the shop. I know some little shops where I tend to order if I can't find the items I'm interested in for a good price on AmiAmi or Amazon Japan (or eBay in worst case) but having a broader selection is always good.

Personally I decided to only play japanese-only games where I know that there's no story at all or where I thought that it wouldn't be required to understand it to get through the game, so most likely rhythm games (still I'm bad at this as I have slow reflexes) or puzzle games (e.g. Puyo Puyo Tetris).

I'm aware of the method you mentioned. Also saw that there are people who translated Taiko Drum Master (this would be helpful for me, as I don't get the story-mode at all xD ) or I Am Setsuna. Always thought about buying a third Vita just for this but I'm unsure if it's worth the effort. :hmm:

And thanks for the link. This might be a viable option to "play" Ciel Nosurge and would give a good opportunity to finally decide to tackle Ar Nosurge sometime in the near future.

Finally got the POS Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus ready to pop. I already talked about the broken gameplay and horrid stories, so all I have left to rant about is the animation. I'll talk about that in the Kill Your Completion forum sometime before 2016 ends. For those souls that dare play this game, in the North American version for the trophy "And You Were Never Heard From Again" use the X button instead of the O button listed in the guides.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2016 at 4:20 PM, viech54 said:

Go for Mana, I heard it has a brilliant guide :awesome::awesome::awesome:

21 hours ago, viech54 said:

Introduce me.

Right now.

Like, right now :awesome:

I'm eager to try! I've already got a few games that aren't loaded on my profile, since I haven't played them yet, but it would be cool to take part!

Possible game choices for me are:

Spoiler

- Claire: Extended Edition

- Code:Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

- Corpse Party: Blood Drive

- Samurai Warriors 4 ~Empires~

- Steins;Gate

Edited by Amitte_Sukku
Messed up the coding.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mendant909 said:

Finally got the POS Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus ready to pop. I already talked about the broken gameplay and horrid stories, so all I have left to rant about is the animation. I'll talk about that in the Kill Your Completion forum sometime before 2016 ends. For those souls that dare play this game, in the North American version for the trophy "And You Were Never Heard From Again" use the X button instead of the O button listed in the guides.

Status has been marked. And honestly I have to say that this whole dressing room actions felt unnecessary for me. Sadly this is one of the reasons why people are actually buying such games. For me it was the easy and lighthearted gameplay.

32 minutes ago, Amitte_Sukku said:

I'm eager to try! I've already got a few games that aren't loaded on my profile, since I haven't played them yet, but it would be cool to take part!

Possible game choices for me are:

Reveal hidden contents

- Claire: Extended Edition

- Code:Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

- Corpse Party: Blood Drive

- Samurai Warriors 4 ~Empires~

- Steins;Gate

Your first post and it's in this thread and with such a nice selection.  I Vita feels honored. :D

Have added your list to the post and feel free to post about your progress in the games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Status has been marked. And honestly I have to say that this whole dressing room actions felt unnecessary for me. Sadly this is one of the reasons why people are actually buying such games. For me it was the easy and lighthearted gameplay.

Thanks. Yeah, that mechanic creeped me out and the only reason I even did that was for the stinking trophy. It sure didn't help that the main girl was wailing against it; maybe the perverted characters love it but I'm not touching that mechanic again with a 30 ft pole. To each their own, even if there are better textured results simply by using Google images. I will agree that the gameplay was easy (aside from the cheap rolling bears and status inflicting attacks) as the difficulty curve went down a cliff after completing two missions with a character.

My vita is not working atm, keeps switching off, wants me to set time and date every time it decides to actually turn on.... says low battery occasionally- even though image shows full charge, so going to try fixing it myself, if that fails will just have to buy another one :)

...Problem fixed, :)

Edited by damage_6-9
Update
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2016 at 1:05 AM, Mendant909 said:

Thanks. Yeah, that mechanic creeped me out and the only reason I even did that was for the stinking trophy. It sure didn't help that the main girl was wailing against it; maybe the perverted characters love it but I'm not touching that mechanic again with a 30 ft pole. To each their own, even if there are better textured results simply by using Google images. I will agree that the gameplay was easy (aside from the cheap rolling bears and status inflicting attacks) as the difficulty curve went down a cliff after completing two missions with a character.

But it was made to be perverted %D

jiii~ I didn't knew I need to mention it here... I also platted a Vita game last 12/17.

anyway... I have to change my game to plat on 02/22...not that I don't want to play Lost Memories or anything.. ehe.. ehehe...

since I've platted an exclusive VN(well kinda) last 12/17... would like to plat a Vita exclusive(well at least for now) Pervy JRPG on 02/22... Criminal Girls 2 :eyebrow:

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2016 at 4:05 AM, Mendant909 said:

It sure didn't help that the main girl was wailing against it; maybe the perverted characters love it but I'm not touching that mechanic again with a 30 ft pole

Imagine the Tomb of Horrors module, but with all the traps replaced by the games like these. Being a fanservice averse madman, I would've not dared to make a step without my 30 ft pole or the dagger. *starts tapping each stone nervously*

Oh, and Crimson, add Demon Gaze to my western bday games list. It's ready to go.

• Like 1