Header Images

Azakos

Here's some for Heavy Rain and one for Hitman Absolution

Sadly I have to say no to both of these =( It's gonna be difficult to get me to change headers that have been updated to the new dimensions and both of these already have been updated to their new headers about a month ago and I found the best one I could find for Heavy Rain and especially for Hitman (I probably spent a good hour finding and editing that one, I really like that header). For me to change them I'd have to like the ones you submitted more than the current headers.

For the Heavy Rain ones you posted links for, the first one is okay but too low-resolution (It's not around 1920 pixel width), and I prefer the current one that's up now, the second one is nice but is not "wide" enough to look good for a header on the site, I would have to crop at the top of bottom part of the origami and people probably wouldn't know what it is =P

And unfortunately it's gonna take a really freaking good recommended image for me to change Hitman Absolution and this one isn't quite as good, you'd only see his head if I cropped it and a lot of blank red space

Sorry about the "no" to both of these =/ You unfortunately chose two games that will be really hard to find better headers for

Edited by BlindMango

OK Header Team this time you have gone too far. You forgot a header for We Dare :shakefist: This should have been priority 1 https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/816-We-Dare . I used to think you were cool :angry::P

How could I have not gotten to this game any sooner! Note: I may or may not have ever heard about this game in my life  :P Header has been added!

Edited by BlindMango

How could I have not gotten to this game any sooner! Note: I may or may not have ever heard about this game in my life  :P Header has been added!

I only knew about it because of the awesome trailer ^_^

My buddy bought me a copy when he was in England and I wrote the guide for it. Actually too bad you couldn't use my guide banner as the girl who did my avatar/sig made me quite the awesome banner for it. Come on that is just awesome :D

jL6Mc.png

• Like 1

I only knew about it because of the awesome trailer ^_^

My buddy bought me a copy when he was in England and I wrote the guide for it. Actually too bad you couldn't use my guide banner as the girl who did my avatar/sig made me quite the awesome banner for it. Come on that is just awesome :D

Lmfaooo, this just made my day, the commercial has 700,000 views, it perplexes me that I've never heard of this game!   xD Also, I'm cracking up at your banner pic, but can't use it as a header image, that would be a bit too much, hahaha

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm barraging you with recommendations but I found these ones for Resistance 3:

Send as many as you'd like actually! It's always nice to get images from people who want to help out!

So I updated Resistance 3 about a month ago also, so it's a new header. Remember when I said it would take a really good image for me to change new headers? Well... I think you've successfully broke my brain, haha, the third image you submitted (the Game Informer one) is really nice, however I'm also still a fan of the games "red and white" style artwork, so I honestly don't know what to choose at the moment, lmao

I think I'm gonna get some sleep on this and think about it since it's really late here and I'll play around with Resistance 3 sometime tomorrow, haha. If you want to though, feel free to submit images for other games while I'm away (Only if you want to though)

• Like 1

Some Battlefield 3 ones & Some Twisted Metal ones 

Okay, regarding Resistance 3, I kept switching them back and forth and the red one really pops well as a header, so that one isn't changing. I liked the Battlefield 3 co-op image so that one has been changed ;) Lastly, I've been meaning to change Twisted Metal, but I found another image and thought it to be slightly better than the ones you submitted. Thanks for these!

Mega Man 10 is also missing a header 

Alright, its been added! The image you submitted was way too low-res to be a header so I found another one, and the image you submitted is used as the trophy card though! Thanks!

Edited by BlindMango

How about this one for Naruto Ultimate ninja Storm 2? 

and this Deadpool one 

Unfortunately these are also both new headers and its a "no" for both of these too =( Simply because these aren't as good as the current headers that are there now. You'd probably have the best luck with games that have old headers or games with no headers

You can tell a game has an old header when you zoom out all the way by pressing ( Ctrl - ) a few times and it stretches out, and then you zoom back in with (Ctrl +) and the image crunches back up. New headers don't act that way, staying consistent when you zoom all the way out and all the way in.

Game with an old header you can try this on (You can tell their faces get much taller and stretch when you zoom out): RIPD The Game

Game with a new header (nothing stretches when zooming all the way out, everything is consistent): Tomb Raider

This isn't to say that you can't recommend headers for games that have already been updated of course, you'd just have to be unfortunately prepared for a good amount of no's for them since every updated header has usually had me look a significant amount of time looking for a good one already =/

Another game missing a header. Also how can you tell if the pic will be good enough to use?

Alright, there's a lot of stuff that goes into overwriting an already updated header, so I'll detail it in the best possible way I can - It's gonna involve a lot of text though!  :o lol

The new header size after the site update in November has to be around a 1920 pixel width (1600 and above is good but 1920 is preferable so that the image is the clearest). The header dimensions are exactly 1920 x 460, which means it's a very wide rectangle, so usually it's best to find an image with a good amount of horizontal content. So for example, the image of Deadpool that Azaan60 submitted would not work because the content goes diagonal and not horizontal, if I were to crop it I would only get Deadpool at this awkward angle or i could choose the guy getting shot but would only get the guys head, the guns, and Deadpools arms and not Deadpools face - so the image wouldn't be any good. I could also take the image into image editing software and rotate and zoom in on it to where everything fits into the horizontal header dimensions but it would lose a lot of clarity, especially trying to avoid the watermark on the image and stuff, so that would also be no good unless I could find that same image but with more pixels since I'm rotating and zooming in on it.

And then finally it all comes down to which image looks better - the already updated image that's on the site right now, or the one you guys submitted. If the image has already been updated to the 1920 x 460 dimensions in the past two months (So far I've done above 680), it means that I have already spent a good amount of time already searching for the best image I could, editing it, and then putting it up. In some cases that could take up to an hour or two to make the perfect header (All three of the Kingdom Hearts games surprisingly required a lot of work for example).

If an image is recommended by you guys for a header that's already been updated in the past two months, then it's simply a matter if it visually looks better than the one that's already there, sometimes it will be, most times it won't - that's why I told Azaan to be prepared for a lot of "no's" if he recommends images that have already been updated to the new dimensions in the past two months, 680 games, most of the popular games.

That still leaves about 1,500 header images that are blurry and haven't been updated yet to the new dimensions and still have the old site header dimensions (1250 x 400 or something like that - I forgot by now :P ). Anyways, if a 1250 image gets upscaled to 1920, it's blurry, that's why all the old header images need to be replaced. Then there's the games with no header images too. 

*gasp* whew! So older headers and also games with no headers will be a big help and have the highest success rate at being chosen. Try to find three images for a single game in the neighborhood of 1600 - 1920 pixel width and post those links and I'll pick one, and there are times where I won't care for all three of the images you submitted and I'll get another image that I found and use that one instead. This is an embarrassing amount of text, but I hope it cleared everything up on how it all works, it's quite a process sometimes, hahaha

In short, I do appreciate all of y'alls recommendations and keep them coming if you like to help out  :) But simply be warned that part of the process is that your recommendations will not always be chosen!!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Well what about this DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi one? Or these for Spider-man Edge of Time? Which currently...

Thanks! Used one of your images for all three games  ;)

Hey was having a look at the thread and just want to point out that "Swords and Soldiers" doesn't have a header image too,you may know this already.I don't have any image to post though...just trying to help.

Thankyou! Appreciate it  :)

Swords and Soldiers

Brink

Nice images! Though I found another one for Brink that I liked slightly better, so I used that one =P

• Like 1

Some Enslaved ones

Here's a higher Resolution image for Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

Thanks! So I liked the image for Enslaved that was already there so I simply updated that header to a high-res image. I did use one of your images for the trophy card though!  :)

Thanks for the high-res Majin image too! Very nice