Easy platinum?

FlareZero

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got the plat today. This is neither a quick, nor an easy plat.

The campaign difficulties do not stack. While they are all available from the start, completing the hardest difficulty first does not unlock the easier 3. So you need to do the campaign 4x, at about 2-3 hours per campaign. There are 6 worlds, each with 10 levels (9 wave based levels plus one boss). Levels take a few minutes to complete, so probably 30 mins per world.

In campaign, you have only one life per level. If you die, you have to restart, there is no respawn.

This assumes you are playing solo. You can do the campaign in couch co-op with up to 4 players. In co-op, you have a respawn timer when you die, which takes about 10 seconds to activate. Assuming that at least one of your co-op partners survives, you can rejoin. If all of you die, you have to restart the level.

I was able to clear Easy and most of Normal solo, but then you get overwhelmed. Cleared the rest of Normal with my son, and it is much easier with at least 2 people. Once you get to Hard and Viking, you really need 3-4. We did this as a 3 man team, and it went fairly smoothly.

I would say this is virtually impossible solo, there are just too many enemies. Some levels have a safe camping spot, but most do not. Regardless, it is extremely frustrating solo, and is designed to be played co-op. It was actually some fun with a couple of us playing. If you don't have friends to play with, I would say avoid it. There is no online co-op, although I assume you could shareplay it.

Most of the rest of the trophies are local MP (versus mode). You will need at least 3 controllers to get these trophies, although they can be done by yourself, you don't actually need other physical people.

Be warned that the versus trophies are a huge grind. There is one for 10000 kills, and since there are a max of 4 people playing, that is a lot of kills.

If that wasn't bad enough, the kills are NOT cumulative. The game does not save or track your kills, so you must do all 10000 in ONE SESSION. You can go into sleep mode, and exit to the menu, but can't close the app down.

Fortunately there is a way to farm the kills and you can tape the trigger so you can leave it on autopilot, but it will still take about 8-9 hours of idling to reach 10000 kills. If I get around to it, I will upload a farming video.

Similarly, the main campaign gun kills are also not cumulative between sessions, but they can be farmed quite easily. Most will come naturally, but the others can be done by grinding it out in a level with the weapon of your choice. You can die or restart the level and the kills count, but again you can't close the app.

Overall, I would say the difficulty would be between a 3-4/10 if you have good local players to help you, up to 10/10 if you wanted to do it solo (again, I'm not sure it would be possible, but maybe someone with crazy skills). Time wise I would say 15-20 hours.

It is cheap enough, but not particularly easy or quick. I can't really recommended it as a lot of fun either, so probably I would say to pass on this despite the price.

• Like 1