Is the game really hard or is it that people are barely playing it?

PolarPhantom

the game is pure pay to win if you ask me, as they should of made the death tokens be able to be gotten with in game coins then real money and paying real world cash just to go to each of the floors is bs just because you want to go to the floor you was on by using the lift that you must pay in game coins to go to each floor and dying will happen a lot in the game so death tokens will be used a lot for that or making more bag space or to hurry a weapon being made.

It is a good thing no one asked you and that has nothing to do with the topic.

@op: I've only played a few floors but from what I can tell the trophies aren't so much difficult as they are cumulative, idk if I'd call them grindy just yet since the game is pretty big and it just came out so I'm not even sure if anyone beaten it, if they're close to beating it in the first place.

Aye its time consuming with all the running back and forth, leveling extra characters.

People are able to attack you base, so you need to level the extra characters to protect it. You do not directly defend your base. There is a trophy for this too, Successfully defend 100 times, this is dependent on 2 factors, having people attack you, went a couple of days without this happening, and secondly having adequate defense. You get attacked a lot more when a TDM is happening. Got raided 40+ times in 24 hours O.o in the first TDM, only successfully defended 4 times. (Oh and attackers can kidnap your guys xD

SIDE NOTE: Death marks, The coloured skulls, premium currency. You can not only purchase them, but get them from login bonus, apologies from the devs, rewards from quests. Managed to upgrade my storage from 30 to 80 :D

Well no one has the Jackal trophy yet. I just met them in the game and they are literally player body collectors and literally show you that messing with them will be a swift death. I would imagine you need to have the absolute best equipment and skill to defeat them. I'm 10 hours in and only up to floor 11 out of 128 floors and there are multiple levels per floor, the latter levels could be really long and difficult and may involve microtransactions (so far I haven't had to buy Death Tokens). 100% seems like it could take hundreds of hours.

Edited by Mayadome

The Jackals were temporarily removed from the game after someone glitched one in an elevator and spent hours hacking away at it's health on stream.  The devs didn't want the endgame bosses exploitable like that, but they should be back soon.  I also think this game only currently has 40 floors (maybe the 128 number refers to the areas?), a major story boss on every 10th floor, with more due in future updates.  I hadn't spent a dime to reach floor 21, and you don't have to with some patience and planning.  I would still like to purchase an express pass when they become available and maybe some merch, I'd like a shirt, but probably not death metals as I don't want to rely on revives and I've already got my storage to 250 with metals I've received in game.  I feel this game definitely deserves some support from me as I'm liking it enough to want to put in hundreds of hours.

128 Floors? Wrong. The highest, possible Floor is 41. An Interview, months ago by the Devs said, that 128 Floors to climb, is a future thing.  On Floor 40 is the 4th MainBoss, after that, u can reach 41.

Edited by Cuurad

The game is not pay to win. Not really. Technically you can buy a ton of death metals and keep reviving over and over, but that would be a huge waste of time and money. And wouldn't help you with any of the invading/defending trophies.

You do not need to spend any money at all on this game. It is incredible fair and gives no real advantage to paying users. Especially if you utilize the expedition mechanic, you can easily rake in tons of in game gold.

I feel like the hardest trophy to get will be the Impregnable Fortress and Flirting Virtuoso. Mostly because its AI that defends your base, and once you get a feel for it, they become very easy to kill quickly. And capturing fighters is completely random. I have only gotten 3 so far, including the one from the tutorial, and I must have done 50+ invades so far.

If you are still at a lower grade, it would be a good idea I think to stack your defenders in good gear and try and farm successful home defenses early against newer players. When you get to higher grades, you will mostly be playing against people who know what they are doing.

On 12/15/2016 at 4:01 PM, Sora9427 said:

So the game seems really good from what i see, but it's worth it? It's a doable just looooong 100% or without paying it's rather impossible?

I waited for almost 2 weeks but still no guide sinc ei suppose it's rather long even playing it constantly.

Its doable, but it will take you a while. If you have experience with games like demon souls, it will feel familiar. It has the same kinda clunky, punishing combat. You do not need to pay anything.

This is one of those games where you will not likely see a guide. The floors change daily. In terms of progression, you basically stack a character in gear and fight your way to the next floor room with an elevator, since you can only return to the waiting room (home base) from an elevator.

Once it becomes to difficult, you farm materials and blue prints to craft better gear. All the while, you send out your other characters in the freezer on expeditions to the highest level floor you can. Rinse and repeat.

Use mushrooms. They make fights which seem impossible, very easy.

Edited by RudeTortue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RudeTortue said:

Its doable, but it will take you a while. If you have experience with games like demon souls, it will feel familiar. It has the same kinda clunky, punishing combat. You do not need to pay anything.

This is one of those games where you will not likely see a guide. The floors change daily. In terms of progression, you basically stack a character in gear and fight your way to the next floor room with an elevator, since you can only return to the waiting room (home base) from an elevator.

Once it becomes to difficult, you farm materials and blue prints to craft better gear. All the while, you send out your other characters in the freezer on expeditions to the highest level floor you can. Rinse and repeat.

Use mushrooms. They make fights which seem impossible, very easy.

I see, thanks for your reply and infos give, then maybe i'll start it in this days and what goes goes after all :D

9 hours ago, The-Jack-Burton said:

when are you able to send fighters to farm for you, maybe not understanding

I don't remember specifically what floor you need to reach. Maybe floor 5 or something around that, but eventually there will be a balloon message in front of the freezer and another in front of the Metro Front (the weird puppet mannequin dude that sticks out of the wall when you interact with it) in your waiting room. The freezer holds your other fighters and the Metro Front lets you attack other players waiting rooms or upgrade your freezer to hold more fighters.

Any fighter you are currently not controlling will be dangling in the freezer. One of the options you have when looking at them is called expedition. Select that, select a target and a time. 1 hour is all I tend to use. Then in an hour they come back with whatever they get.