Failed to reload save?

DrakeHellsing

Okay, don't know why I've run into this problem, as I just got past that giant fan, saved it on the other side... accidentally shot a noncombatant (he came around the corner and I thought he was a guard).  So I went to reload and it just told me that it failed to do so... and kicked me to the main menu.  So essentially, I have to start over again.

But my question is, anyone know as to why that would have happened? Tried to Google it, but info on Red Faction: Guerrilla showed up.

Sucks too, as I felt I had done a good amount on the game as is, it... upset me to say the least.

Do a -[keyword] search on Google. Found a bunch of results right away. Here's a one of them

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/anyone-ever-get-a-failed-to-load-save-message.6123109/

Ah, so it's a bug by the looks of it... sucks, cause I was only using the one save, since the game is linear in general.  But I suppose it's also fine for that noncombatant.

But yeah, tried to search, but mine came up with mostly from Guerrilla, which doesn't help matters.  Ah well, when I feel like it, I'll start from scratch on easy again, aim for the noncombatant trophy along the way.

But thanks for the info anyway.

Even with the -[keyword] searches, there wasn't much that related to this specific topic, despite the looks of the titles that came up. Probably a rare occurrence for this exact situation. I saw a lot of people on PC had their save games considered malware and that's why they couldn't reload them. A few posts were about people not having any save games at all after backing out to the main menu, but that was cuz they played like half the game and never once actually saved their progress, lol.

Best advice for everyone is to make a new save file somewhat often just in case.

Even with the -[keyword] searches, there wasn't much that related to this specific topic, despite the looks of the titles that came up. Probably a rare occurrence for this exact situation. I saw a lot of people on PC had their save games considered malware and that's why they couldn't reload them. A few posts were about people not having any save games at all after backing out to the main menu, but that was cuz they played like half the game and never once actually saved their progress, lol.

Best advice for everyone is to make a new save file somewhat often just in case.

I agree, make a few saves, like maybe 4 to be safe? Whoever writes a guide for this game, hope they keep that in mind too to warn other players that such a bug could happen.

I myself like to save often, but running into such a bug is not fun... and looking at the trophies, seems like I was fairly far into the game... at least I am assuming so.

• 9 months later...