REMASTER?

mojtaba333

As one who creates clickbait posts, I must say, this is clickbaity clickbait

i wasn't going for that honestly

just something i wished for and wanted to know if there is others like me.

You got me all excited for shit. Dam you

sorry for that

didn't mean to give wrong idea 

keep dreaming, as far as I know, EA said they're not going to remaster any of their ps3 / 360 games to current gen.

someone at EA stated that they don't make a profit from HD remasters or something.

remasters make profit that's why capcom and all others do it 

Personally I've never played any Dead Space game. I wouldn't mind a remaster 

if you like horror survival genre 

this is the best game 

While I'd like a remaster trilogy, with all the dlc, Ignition and Extraction, maybe even include the animated movies (talking myself into this, would pay a pretty penny for that), as mentioned, I don't think EA are interested, and tbh, I'd much rather they made moves to get back to the franchise, a sequel is long overdue.   Same with Resistance, about time Sony rebooted or re-imagined that franchise too, missing them both amidst this generation of remasters and reboots.   Oh the days when we could play Monster Hunter on PS hardware...they're all very unlikely to make the PS4 line-up.

Just remembered those DS hardcore runs...maybe it's for the best!  :P

• Like 1

A remaster would be cool... But i'm honestly more interested in them making a Dead Space 4, the cliffhanger they left the DS3 DLC ending with has been killing me ever since I completed the game... I had hoped when Visceral was done with Battlefield Hardline they would begin work on DS4, but as far as I know they are working on a Star Wars game right now, don't know if its 1313 or if it goes under a new name  :unsure:

As one who creates clickbait posts, I must say, this is clickbaity clickbait

Yep, I thought (in the time of Remasters) that this was an announcement/teaser of some sort. Oh well, it'd be nice to have Mass Effect and Dead Space Trilogies done over... finished them to death on 360 and I could use moar.

BTW, excellent av, this is my BOOMstick! Man, think I'm going to rewatch four films today =]

Smart idea. S-mart,

Personally I've never played any Dead Space game. I wouldn't mind a remaster 

Since the chances are low, play it just to do the story on a friend's console (PS3/360) or PC,anything. Dead Space (1+2, 3 got WAY less terrifying) is like Event Horizon meets Aliens (lazy description)... it's survival horror with high end space suit/armor and powerful weapons.

Sounds like you can mow down Necromorophs (as they care called) with ease, until you play without being able to save, running low on ammo, and are constantly being jostled out of your comfort zone by one of the creepiest atmospheres designed for a game (IMO).

Great soundtrack, EXCELLENT story/atmosphere, creepy, good mix of action/puzzles, AND the trophies were challenging, but not nearly impossible.

I believe they call it a "proper" game, across the pond. ;-]

• Like 2

Not surprised the EA bloke says they don't make money off remasters. Like, a remaster shouldn't cost that much, but remasters always end up sinking in price REAL quick, often to a lower price than you could get the old versions for in the first place. Take Halo MCC, CD Keys are selling that for 7.45 right now, and that's pretty well their normal price, it's always on there for around that price. That's fucking 4 of them all jazzed up for Xbox One, for under 10 bucks. 

Mass Effect 1-3 are backward compatible on Xbox One, I don't know if Dead Space is or will be, but odds are they'd land on the BC list before a remake with all the shit EA's said.

Yep, I thought (in the time of Remasters) that this was an announcement/teaser of some sort. Oh well, it'd be nice to have Mass Effect and Dead Space Trilogies done over... finished them to death on 360 and I could use moar.

BTW, excellent av, this is my BOOMstick! Man, think I'm going to rewatch four films today =]

Smart idea. S-mart,

BioWare confirmed that they'd never put out an ME Remaster trilogy, twice. Damn shame cuz those games looked great even for then, and so many people have been requesting it, can't see how it'd sell poorly. 

And btw...

giphy.gif

EA has made multiple statements that they will never make a remaster of any past generation games. They would rather put their focus on future projects and improving current projects. And I agree with their decision. There are far too many remasters out on the current generation, and it needs to stop.

• 2 weeks later...

This would be awesome and should be a must-buy for me as it is one of my favorite trilogies on videogames. Readed on an article they said Dead Space is not ''dead'' as they may plan something at future. Remaster versions in one package should work as remake is unnecessary imo

As much as I love Dead Space, I'm of the mind that not everything needs a remaster. This is one such series. The PS3 games are still perfectly playable and look amazing, even by today's standards. I would much prefer a new Dead Space game, but considering how EA moved the team to work on Battlefield and Star Wars games or whatever, I don't see that happening anytime soon. :(

No, please no.

Why do you want a remaster of these kind of games?

They are not that old, and the improvements would be almost nonexistent and they will charge 40 €/$.

When you can find the 3 games for 6-8$ each.

The same thing goes with Mass Effect

That's a money grab, and comming from EA, I'd not be surprised if they do it.

EA really sucks. I instantly regret it when I purchase an EA game. The games are good, but the EA people... how I hate them :angry:

17 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

No, please no.

Why do you want a remaster of these kind of games?

They are not that old, and the improvements would be almost nonexistent and they will charge 40 €/$.

When you can find the 3 games for 6-8$ each.

The same thing goes with Mass Effect

That's a money grab, and comming from EA, I'd not be surprised if they do it.

EA really sucks. I instantly regret it when I purchase an EA game. The games are good, but the EA people... how I hate them :angry:

Probably the only reason why people want mass effect is bioware has stated that if they did it, they wanted to remake the first mass effect to play more like 2 and 3.

• 4 years later...
11 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’m curious as to why a remake of this game is even necessary? I’m playing Dead Space right now for the first time ever and I’m having a fantastic time. This game still looks and plays remarkably well today. I can see why this game is widely considered to be a classic.

It would make more sense to remaster the trilogy and make it accessible for all the people who never got a chance to play it and don’t own a PS3 anymore. But remaking the game seems pointless when the original is still such a satisfying experience.

One word: money.

The trilogy holds up so well on the PS3, but with this new wave of remakes and remasters, it was only a matter of time before EA decided to milk this franchise some more. And I agree that they definitely should’ve went ahead and waited to remaster/remake the entire trilogy, but I’m sure it all comes down to the first game’s remake becoming successful. One can only hope that they get it right. 

• Like 4